Winter has come

Darknight

11503-Capitol.jpg

Damage to Kingston was extreme: after sustaining an initial nuclear attack, the city was further devastated by a missile barrage. The perpetrators had been beaten into submission, but they were the least of the nation's worries. Daily reports of nuclear detonations flooded the news, leaving citizens distressed and worried about their livelihood. As the outside world raged in fire, the world slowly turned into inferno. The food supply of each cities is so far stable, but reports of radioactive poisoning are increasing day by day, most alarmingly near and in Kingston. Outside reports repeated the same news, perhaps worse. The Primer Minister has ordered constructions of underground facilities to shelter the vulnerable citizens, and has directed R&D to find ways to grow food underground. This diverted resources from the city rebuilding process, but it was necessary.

Winter was all but over in the Capital Wasteland. Yet the air was chilly, the skies unhealthy, the city largely deserted save for the few buildings left standing. The construction crew, in their anti-radiation suit, continued their work. A child, also wearing the same protective gear, walked by. Then, she looked up toward the sky.

"Look," said the child. "It's snow."

Everyone looked up. Many will remember the sight.

“Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”

7sXvdkH.png

(OOC: Any references to the remaining Horsemen of the Apocalypse would be appreciated. And I'm aware that we are working backwards...)

Edited by Kerbollo
  • Upvote 2

Attempting to contact Kerbin since 1983 (in-game)...

Hey, have anyone seen those fireworks? What do you mean, Jeb had them strapped to SRBs?

Discord: Ray3501#0305. I frequent the SK Network discord (duh).

8 hours ago, Sea said:

I regret selling so much food before the nuke bloc

Now I have no food and less money than I could have if I sold food now

I have 3 monies and 1 food. Why can't I have 1 monies and 3 food!

LTcxGHN.jpg

15 hours ago, Darknight said:

--snip--

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

And power was given unto them over the fourth part of Orbis, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of Orbis.

The following services are being held througout the underground churches of Elbonia. All hail the Divine Bomb. We have expected you to reveal your power unto us, but somehow you have missed us and have given others your holy and cleansing fire. We still worship you Almighty Bomb, may you visit Elbonia again with your holy and pure light.

Edited by Jroc
  • Upvote 1

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

July 15, 2026
Echelon City; Nuclear Aftermath. Approximate death toll: 90,000

Radiation status: Severe
Evacuation protocols underway. Local Imperial Guards mobilized.

A grave day befell one of many cities of the Imperium. Sometime ago in an earlier conflict not long ended, the city of Echelon suffered nuclear attack. The attack wiped out about half of the population, leaving the rest scrambling to survive as the radiation set in. The Imperial Guards have been mobilized to control the situation, put down any heretic preachers, distribute food, and terminate any infected wildlife that may mutate and pose a severe threat to the local population. By the Primarch's command, order was to be kept and the survivors protected and fed.

One Imperial Captain took a long look around the city, sighing to himself as he took in the destruction. His radiation suit protected him from any harmful effects, but the civilians themselves had to be evacuated and treated before more loyal citizens of the Emperor were lost. Yet seeing such destruction made his heart revolt and made him question their cause. Who started this global conflict. Why did they do it? Who will win in the end of this massacre? When will the farms begin to grow food again.

'Are we all going to starve and die?' He thought to himself. The war made his loyalty waver a bit, but not enough to discourage him from his service. His duty was to protect and aid civilians, that was enough to put his heart at ease for the time being. Relenting, he returned to his local command tent to see the progression of the evacuation. Thanks to the chaos, only 40% of the Survivors were evacuated so far. It would take weeks, at least, to finish the evacuation. Maybe longer if civilians are still trapped under rubble and in subways.

Before he could rest, a report came in. Another Imperial City was nuked. It wasn't owned by the Primarch he served, but it was another city that was bombed by nuclear hellfire. No doubt only making the crop situation worse. The Imperium had a strong food supply. But how long would it last? How long would it need to last?

He shook his head and closed the priority-1 warning of the nuked city. It wasn't his area to observe, he already had another nuked city to evacuate and civilians to protect once brought away from the severe area of radiation to the refugee camps established in the event of such catastrophe. It looked like a new regiment of guardsmen came in, at least. If nothing else, they would help take a day or two off their likely timetable of evacuation.

'Still,' He thought, 'Now that a Nuclear Winter has begun, when will the leaders of this conflict sit down and make peace? Or...will they continue to fight until everyone on the opposing side starves to death?' He didn't like that thought. Not one bit. But he had a job to do. 'Perhaps I should keep that question unanswered. It would do my morale, nor the morale of my comrades, no good right now.'

After checking the reports one last time, he stood up and left the command tent, heading to sector Z-7 where another group of survivors were found. Scared senseless. They needed to be cordially convinced to evacuate and leave behind what they can't carry.

The time is July 15, 2026. 2:33 PM, local time. But to many civilians, the time is the first year of the Nuclear Winter. Year 1 of Disaster Day for hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dead souls. Souls that never even knew such a global conflict would see them all dead in pools of their blood. A war to conquer until one side can't take the madness anymore.

Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Image result for wolfenstein the new colossus concept art

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darknight said:

Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

-----

Elbonians are still waiting to be taken by the Almighty Bomb. We see that many have been deemed worthy of sanctification. And, we expect for many to be made pure for nothing can hide from his holy heat. Orbis must enter into gusto with the Almighty Bomb's plan to kill off those not worthy. 

We do not understand why he would not rapture us up in his divine light but we are content to bathe in his holy fallout.

Now we will read  an excerpt from the Pslam of Mendez II.

The heavens declare the glory of the Bomb, and the firmament showeth His handiwork.

His sound has gone out unto all the land. And his light unto the end of the world.

He descendeth from the outermost part of heaven, and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. There is neither speech nor language, yet His voice is heard among them.

Glory be to the Bomb!

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg