We're All Out of Bubblegum

Adrienne

Just now, 8mrgrim8 said:

gonna leave this here

You can find better apeman quotes. Took long enough. Even my wife tells me to shut up. Not surprised she tougher than you 300 plus nations

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Apeman said:

I wonder how the people of hogwarts will reply?

Why it is a question? Are you asking me if you are wondering how hogwarts will reply?

Anyway congrats for being the first (I think) player over 10k score, now time to go down

Just now, Floating Hippo said:

trying to beat my personal best of 12 in a war. 

I expect to see TKR, TCW, Guardian, and GOB only in the top 10 for most nukes eaten by the end of this fight.

• Upvote 2

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

Just now, Floating Hippo said:

trying to beat my personal best of 12 in a war. 

if all of my cities aren't nuked this war, I'm not doing enough

• Upvote 1

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

12 minutes ago, Dalinar said:

if all of my cities aren't nuked this war, I'm not doing enough

I think my 20 cities only took 17 last war which was disappointing since the previous two wars they all got nuked. Maybe I can get to 100 eaten total?

Edited by Memph
  • Upvote 2

Kayser farewell post:

Sup, this is my goodbye message. Contrary to what some would have you believe, I did not choose to step down. I was removed forcefully by our King as is his right, but I thought I should set the record straight from the top. I understand why I was removed but I disagree with it and I think it is a shallow attempt to gain some additional credibility from membership. Whether the job I have done did or did not gain me significant membership enmity, that is for each of you to decide yourselves.

I recognize my faults as a member of government and as a prince. I was not personal enough with all of you. I did not shoot the shit as much and after taking the herald job my forum posting dropped significantly. I am in law school and I have a part time job. At times the additional workload saw me exit the game for longer periods of time (reference to the times where some folks could not find me). That sort of obligation or workload is also the source of some of my Time and high priorities take up a lot of my time and the amount I have to commit to the game was focused on managing a very time consuming department. I did not care to share the specifics of my predicament partly because I am an introverted person and sharing too much personal information over the internet was just not something I was comfortable doing. But in light of the recent change, I felt that should be communicated. Interpret it as you will.

Regarding some of the recent moves that may have been a bit controversial (lol), no it was not entirely me. Our direction was one that was debated by gov for probably too long. I was originally an advocate of us just going paperless if we’re being entirely truthful. But that idea was talked down to cancelling most of our treaties and then trying to convince IQ to cancel those, with a kind of contingency plan if that did not work out. It was something that was nominally accepted by our King and was seen as the valid compromise for most of the rest of high gov and fa. Carrying out the plan was another matter. We hit some bumps along the road, several of our notifications to our allies were botched by the messengers who most likely did not accept the idea in their hearts or were too inexperienced to give it the personal, delicate touch it needed. Shortly afterwards the fiasco regarding potentially signing KT happened and that was a kind of clusterf&ck itself. These were both intensely stressful moments for those unaccustomed to them and I imagine they eroded some of the initial enthusiasm regarding the plan we came to a consensus on.

On IQ alliances. It was always determined as part of our plan to reach out to various IQ alliances and get them to break away from the bloc. Alliances like BK, Acadia, SK, CKD, Zodiac were all contacted and engaged in talks in order to get them to split from the sphere. None of them took us up on this offer. All of them expressed incredible cynicism regarding the split or the possibility of splitting. Only Acadia showed a bit of interest and this was quickly wasted by a lack of decisive action on the part of our gov. During the time there was an almost constant presence of heel dragging and subversion from multiple people in high gov regarding both this entire initiative and in doing anything than rolling IQ at all. So, whether they would have made a quality partner, Acadia was lost and after our indecisive action we saw them double down on IQ. With the list of relevant IQ alliances growing shorter by the day, we approached NPO and surprisingly, they were willing to let bygones be bygones if it could be done right.

Let this be known, regardless of any skepticism regarding NPO’s intentions from the experience or idea we have of them, they were the only alliance to give us a proposal for their cooperation in effectively destroying IQ out of any of the alliances we talked to. We received, multiple, legitimate offers from them under which they consented to leave IQ if we agreed to them. These were not unreasonable and they were fair and took into account the desires of both parties. We had two cracks at this after investing a lot of time and effort into this very idea. The first one was voided due to inaction again (in conjunction with Terminal Jest’s attack) and the second was rejected by our government after the constant sedition and subversion within our own discussions convinced the rest of government aligning with NPO was unnecessary and unwanted and signing a NAP to get them to split would put us in a bad position.

In the middle of our negotiations with NPO snippets of information regarding the discussion were somehow released even though everyone involved agreed to the highest level of OPsec. In my talks with Roq he admitted to being approached regarding the idea of us talking and said “they knew everything” so, if this is to believed. Somehow someone involved in or knew of the talks went out of their way to let it be known. Interpret that as you will.

These leaks eventually found their way to the OWF and the subsequent trolling by a vocal minority added to the perception of a downward trajectory of our foreign affairs adventure. This trolling was in conjunction with other unrelated challenges enough to convince government to pull the plug on the NPO talks.

During our entire talk with NPO they voiced trepidation in our actual ability to move past grudges and bad blood. They were right to suspect. The not so whispers of frick NPO, roll IQ never did disappear from our government talks. There has always been an irrational fear and suspicion of them in this game due to their affiliate in CN and in the twilight days of our talks. Our constant revision and rejection of their ideas was as transparent as anything I have ever seen in this game working in this field.

During this entire time of inactive government, subversion, and apathy I had been fighting to progress our agenda. Contrary to popular believe cancelling our treaties was the most progressive thing we have ever done as an alliance. It was and is the most credible and forward thinking thing done in the eyes of almost everyone in the game who is not IQ. It both served to be a present goal for us to pursue after months of decomposition as an alliance and it gave us the best public relations anyone can ask for, putting the pressure squarely on IQ to act. And some of them did act. SK cancelled some of their treaties and formed a sphere with KT. Polaris was encouraged enough to reach out to us on the Arrgh war and may be looking into more substantial change in the future. CKD actually picked a side and cancelled their treaty to Rose. There were and are actual wars that have happened and may or may not happen according to rumors. The world is spinning again and it is without a doubt because of the path that we went on. Compare now to before we started this and tell me if you seriously think before was better. I'll be around, but more on that later....

As we progressed down this path and dealing with several frustrations along the way, I may have lashed out several times. One was notoriously the Imperium of Man decision. I’ve been told it was the right decision but it was done the wrong way. And I can agree with that. I took that action at a time when I was frustrated with the infinitely slow pace of our progression. And it seemed honestly like it was a one man show. I don’t recall anyone else making significant progress on any discussions with IQ at the time. We had been without war for such a long time and the possibility of getting one with NPO leaving IQ (it was part of the deal) and severely weakening IQ at the same time was an end that I saw was worth it and I wanted to protect that chance, that golden chance even if it meant rushing into the decision. Creepy was not present at the time, our high government had one comment or so each before shifting to another topic. The weight of the moment was too much to let it frick up everything we’ve been progressing towards, so I did it. And I got shitted on for it. And I lashed out releasing all of the frustrations I have had since starting this path. I said some jaded things that I should not have and I apologize to the folks for doing that. It was wrong, I know, but I’m human, sue me.

My term in gov and as a member of this alliance has been a mixed one. The good times I enthusiastically enjoyed but the frustrating times were some of the most I’ve ever had in nation sims.

The members are great you are THE best membership I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of, of working with, of helping to lead. I sincerely enjoy the company of all of you even if I did lurk for most of the time in between my other PnW conversations. I wish you, the membership the best no matter where you are.

Some of the gov members…ya need some work, lol.

I’m resigning my membership of this alliance effective immediately. Its time for something new.

Toodles Cupcakes!

——

he Creepy Lurker's reply to Kayser:

To our members,

I have no argument with anything Kayser said above.  It is all true, but perspective can shift things...  Yes, I did remove Kayser though I wanted to give him a graceful exit realizing that his RL commitments were significant and seem to have been growing lately.  His contributions to TKR and specifically TKR FA are enormous.  He deserves that respect.  

In the interest of transparency, I'll elaborate a bit further on recent events...

My available time has been limited lately (no secret there, baby is doing well, thank you) and I do truly need a more active, visible Prince(ss).  Also, given the turmoil in FA the past few weeks and feedback regarding Kayser's performance in FA, it was time for a change in leadership of our FA department.  I did offer to Kayser to remain on as HPoFA.  With the recent departure of Keynesian, smith continuing to enjoy his retirement, and Kal being fairly new, I wanted Kayser's experience and perspective to remain in TKR FA.  I don't blame him for passing on this offer despite being disappointed in his decision.  I fully realize that a major factor in Kayser's role changing is my inactivity putting significant pressure and a large spotlight on him.  Perhaps unfairly so.  Others will decide how he handled that pressure and visibility.  I had been coaching him, helping him to understand and prepare for more responsibility if I were to transfer the crown.  I felt he wasn't making the necessary progress towards being ready.

Regarding our external conversations, NPO was the only IQ alliance to that engaged our inquiry.  To their credit, it was a very open conversation.  Their primary concerns revolved around our former EMC ties and other misc paperless ties, real or otherwise.  TKR was firm in requiring complete cancellation of all direct IQ ties and expressed significant concern around the sheer mass of protectorates NPO has accumulated.  The combination of TCW, NPO, and TKR plus all of our protectorates and any misc non-IQ treaties would have only served to create a new hegemony no matter how you sliced the numbers.  The possibility of being tied directly to NPO was also a difficult pill to swallow for much of our membership.  Kayser is right, our conversations at the high gov level were checkered with "roll NPO" comments and others.  There wasn't complete agreement on pursuing a path with NPO.  This led to hesitation and coupled with my limited availability, slow decision making.  It is possible that a deal could have been struck to extract NPO from IQ.  And it would have been legendary.  TKR has already forged this FA path that has all eyes on us and this could have cemented a legacy for us that would never be taken away.  The IQ killers.  However, there was no deal that I was truly comfortable with.  So while I could have been quicker to say no, the outcome was the same.  Despite "attractive" deals being on the table, they required too much compromise on our end, deviated too far from our stated FA goals (I thank high-gov and FA for continuing to remind me), and disagreed too much with our membership's desires (yes, we do listen to you...).  It is safe to say that Kayser and I disagreed very much on whether we should have moved forward and this had strained our relationship.  At the beginning of this week, I asked our FA team to suspend our conversation with NPO.  They were cordial and the "breakup" was mutual.  Neither alliance was willing to budge on certain things which ultimately means we weren't going anywhere.  IQ remains IQ.  

Despite the opinion shared by Kayser, I feel our government acted honorably through the past few weeks.  Yes, admittedly a bit slow at times, but we never compromised on our goals or our principles.  We didn't jeopardize our standing in Orbis (despite some rocky PR that we're still mopping up).  Yes, Kayser did fight a significant fight.  But he's described himself as a bit of a maverick.  He wanted to push the envelope and do something different.  I allowed some of that to happen and I'm very happy with the position we're in today as a result.  But we couldn't go too far and we reach those boundaries (though not far enough for some).  I applaud our government.  High and low.  I know my inactivity has been difficult for each of you in unique ways.  But TKR has never been better.  We've recently added 150 cities and invested billions into our members.  We've added a pile of new members (so much so that it is difficult for IA to keep up).  Our blitzes on Arrgh were wonderfully executed and, by all accounts (internal and external) we kicked ass.  We just completed another audit.  And our FA standing is steadily improving.  

I'll finish this wall of text with something I agree very much with from Kayser's post: 

you are THE best membership I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of, of working with, of helping to lead.

Thank you for your trust and confidence over the recent weeks.  I know they haven't been easy for any of us.  But I am confident that we have a very strong direction.  That we will continue to grow TKR to new heights.  That we will, finally, get that damned war and ease all those blue balls.  The rumor mill is churning...  

Higher speed; 

Lower drag.

o7

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=