National Roleplay Map Reset

National Roleplay Map Reset  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should the National Roleplay map be reset?

I'd like to suggest resetting the National Roleplay map and starting fresh. I'll try my best to explain the advantages to resetting if those reading would actually hear me out.

• There's no question that the map is currently littered with inactives, who frankly, don't seem to have any intention on returning. A reset would clear the map of inactive nations and allow for more new players to join.
  • The numerous colonies currently on the map would be cleared, cleaning up some of the border gore. This would also ensure nations are on an equal playing field territory-wise to start.
  • Players who aren't in favor of a reset are still able to use the National Roleplay subforum. Joining the map isn't a requirement to post in the subforum.

On top of that, I have some suggestions for a possible reset.

• Raise the starting cap to 75 provinces to match Organic. This could go higher or lower, but a greater amount than 50 would help to compensate those who have been around for a long time now.
  • Bring back the map team. Having a group of players, not moderators, who are actively involved in the roleplay to make unbiased decisions on any map issues that may arise would be beneficial. Members could, of course, change depending on activity.
  • Bring over the system that is currently in-place in Organic that states what a nation's maximum military capabilities are. This would ensure that while nations may be protected by the consent rule, and could basically remain in their own little worlds, that there are still restrictions on what they're able to do.
  • Clarify that only topic posts count towards a player's one post per month requirement. Replies to others' posts or one's own post do not. Topic posts are much easier for the map maker to find when searching for inactives.

That's all I have for now. If anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions, please comment them. I want this to be something that the players themselves comment on. This choice isn't something that's up to forum moderators.

Edited by Eva-Beatrice
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

It could be that the people who were here for the longest time just doesn't give a damn. It's not as good as it used to be. Let it die. Organic has a larger population right now.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, AwesomeNova said:

Can NatRP have more of a sort of game fell to it, like stats for nations?

That really depends on what each player wants to do. Not everyone shares statistics on their nations.

• Upvote 1

I've voted for yes, NatRP needs some guidelines and a resset as we can all agree that it went downhill very fast and no activity is made except to stay on the map. A resset would give an equal opportunity to many people to start anew and with many new RP ideas. The reason I didn't want to switch nations is because of the map , not too much to be rp'd and I am not able to rp what I want. 
An another reason why I didn't want to go as an another nation while the map wasn't reset was the 50 province limit, I spent most of my RPing in NatRP as one nation and it just going away so I can just have 50 provinces is a bit of a doozy

On 3/24/2018 at 6:04 AM, Featherine said:

It could be that the people who were here for the longest time just doesn't give a damn. It's not as good as it used to be. Let it die. Organic has a larger population right now.

You were and still are heavily inactive in NatRP, there is a reason for some people not rping for a short while above the 1 month limit, you have claimed yourself on discord that you were inactive back in the day and still are. If you cannot roleplay then don't

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

It would also help for the original poster of the map thread and other various threads to be active daily as to keep things up to date.

• Upvote 1

With eight votes for yes, and six votes for no (from those within the NatRP community) after forty-eight hours, the final result is that the map will be reset. With that out of the way, it's time to discuss suggestions and changes. I'm under the impression that what I proposed above should be put into place.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Eva-Beatrice said:

With eight votes for yes, and six votes for no (from those within the NatRP community) after forty-eight hours, the final result is that the map will be reset. With that out of the way, it's time to discuss suggestions and changes. I'm under the impression that what I proposed above should be put into place.

Inb4 the mod appears

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Could say that the new thread will be posted on a certain day at a certain time and it’s first come, first serve.

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2018 at 6:47 AM, Rimski said:

Snip

Maybe because i have a life. I could sit here and tell you how great it is to have one, but i'd be here all day and alas. I don't have time for that.

I also sold my own integrity for my own personal gain. Or did i?

Edited by Featherine

12 hours ago, Featherine said:

Maybe because i have a life. I could sit here and tell you how great it is to have one, but i'd be here all day and alas. I don't have time for that.

Reveal hidden contents

I also sold my own integrity for my own personal gain. Or did i?

I am not going to argue but this is not something you can have. You are either alive or not. 

Then if you proclaim to have a life then you can not rp in NatRP if you have so called better things to do. 

Roleplaying on here doesn't mean to be lifeless by your outdated standards. It is just a different way of spending time,  you can conaider it a waste of time,  if that is the case,  leave,  if not stop complaining and follow by the rules. 

-To Moderator -Won't continue the shoutfest anymore

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

To get this moving along, any suggestions on who should post the new map thread and who the map team will consist of?

• Upvote 1