Question about IQ alliances

Kastor

For me, this entire war proves that the game has not evolved on bit since the last war. There is only the Easy Mode Sphere and the Inquisition. Why did this turn into the same war again? You might say that t$, TKR and some others are sitting out... But it's still easy mode. 

My question is why Rose was too afraid to challenge KT sphere, and why TGH didn't challenge KT sphere. That would have been dynamic. @Buorhann said he was tired of fighting IQ. Perhaps he was lying, but seriously. 

If either of those who possiblities had occurred, we would be in a whole different Orbis. A whole different and more fun and dynamic game with possibly multiple spheres. But nope, no alliance was brave enough to lead orbis into that path of awesomeness.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, Streà said:

For me, this entire war proves that the game has not evolved on bit since the last war. There is only the Easy Mode Sphere and the Inquisition. Why did this turn into the same war again? You might say that t$, TKR and some others are sitting out... But it's still easy mode. 

My question is why Rose was too afraid to challenge KT sphere, and why TGH didn't challenge KT sphere. That would have been dynamic. @Buorhann said he was tired of fighting IQ. Perhaps he was lying, but seriously. 

If either of those who possiblities had occurred, we would be in a whole different Orbis. A whole different and more fun and dynamic game with possibly multiple spheres. But nope, no alliance was brave enough to lead orbis into that path of awesomeness.

1 alliance from EMC joined in. 

“It’s still easy mode!” 

>logic

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

1 hour ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Dio, I appreciated your post but I think I'd make the same point to you. You need to go back a bit farther for the context that makes some of the things you're presenting less ridiculous.

I understand your point, Thrax. You're absolutely correct when you say part of what the criticism they're receiving is justified. Hell, if you PM Roq, he'll be fine with telling you that I've trolled them a significant bit myself over things I disagreed with. 

My issue with people is when they assume others can shove very recent events under the rug, and move on to join hands and sing kumbaya. Things don't work out like that, especially in a polsim like this where gameplay antagonism is very real. The same goes for IQ, tbf. Others are not willing to forget the events that took place against them. That's perfectly understandable. I would have liked to believe that the reciprocation of such understanding would be a thing. Apparently not /shrug

Edited by Dio Brando

What everyone defending IQ and saying "well, there's more to the story, they could be better imo" is really saying:

b7pOX75.jpg

Kastor, desecrating an enemy corpse is against Orbis ROE.

49 minutes ago, S†rea said:

I thought TUE wasn't in IQ? But not like anyone can check to see if you are TUE, considering your accounts aren't linked.

• Upvote 1

settradirect.png

Why is everyone so angry? It's just our citizens and soldiers that are dying. I'm safe and secure in my baby-seal-skin-leather-lined adamantium- bunker. The WI-FI is strong and the Netflix is adequate (just a bit of old-school buffering).

Edited by Mikalus II
  • Upvote 5

Registered slot thief

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

1 hour ago, S†rea said:

Is TUE/OWR/Polaris/Cerberus in IQ?  I must've missed that.

I like how a couple of you folks are talking about "trust" and "you attract them with honey", yet you're completely forgetting that some of those IQ alliances betrayed the trust they developed with previous allies to begin with.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Queen M said:

Exactly. You think I'm gonna reach out if I'm IQ when you have Kastor as your mascot? frick all that. Again, comes back to personal relationships and building....trust.

Wait, who said TGH was reaching out to IQ?

1 hour ago, James XVI said:

(alright I might draw the line at RW, unless it was something agreed before hand, haha). 

I know if there are any alliances I wouldn't be thrilled to fight in a large war is Roz Wei and Arrgh. And EMC has wrecked me countless times when I was apart of those alliances. I honestly miss the RW activity in Papers Please. One of my favorite wars even though I got wrecked badly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mayor said:

I know if there are any alliances I wouldn't be thrilled to fight in a large war is Roz Wei and Arrgh. And EMC has wrecked me countless times when I was apart of those alliances. I honestly miss the RW activity in Papers Please. One of my favorite wars even though I got wrecked badly.

I legit enjoyed working with @Rozalia.  No BS from him.

• Upvote 4

I can tell you that he had the same opinion of Mensa HQ throughout the war and respected your alliance. I imagine that continued even after I got kicked for raiding your guys applicants. :P

• Upvote 1

Wasn't aware you got kicked for that, didn't request it  (I don't think I ever requested someone's removal from alliance or position, except maybe Gandalf I think?).

But yeah, any time I had a concern or wanted to talk something out with Rozalia - he definitely ranks as one of the easiest folks to discuss things with as long as you don't "REEEEEEE" onto him.

• Upvote 2

It was right after you guys wrecked Kastors alliance for raiding applicants (like directly after) so that was probably apart of it and I was specifically told to not raid you guys anymore so that was all on me. Yes Rozalia is very easy to get along with and is willing to discuss anything at length if necessary.

Also sorry to everyone on page 3 of this thread, I ran out of likes again. :( 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, James XVI said:

So half the game go and duff each other up and we'll [IQ et al.] just watch and do nothing, right? Dynamic indeed!

@James XVI Well, I stated that it would have been more dynamic if TGH and/or Rose hit KT and friends. IQ wouldn't be sitting doing nothing, cause they would still be fighting everyone else. It would be a three way war, which would be extremely fun.

9 hours ago, Justin076 said:

To add to the "everyone shitting on them"... IQ has held their position for 10 months now, they've completely flushed their potential power and influence down the toilet. They sitting around doing nothing has helped lead to an almost entire year of stagnation in this game. Many alliances and the member base of this game has overtime developed negative feelings for IQ simply because of their unwillingness to help change the game and for their help in stagnating the game. They brought it on themselves. This war and the hate they're getting was inevitable. 

Umm...no. Economics played at least as large a role as anything IQ did or didn't do. If you don't want to take it from me, take it from your own alliance's gov. Additionally, IQ has virtually no upper tier presence. It was said earlier in this thread that TGH had to sell down to hit IQ and its allies. Needless to say, buying up to hit opponents isn't exactly a viable strategy. It's telling that, despite the tiering of the bloc and all of its allies, it's still the cause of "stagnation". Why aren't Guardian, TKR, Rose, or Nuke Bloc the causes of stagnation? If the upper tiers of the game want to grow their nations like corn in peace that's their business, but don't try to spin this whole thing like it's exclusively the fault of a bunch of nations sitting at 2000 score.

Also, why did it take everyone at war with us this long to get around to it? What, exactly, did "do something" ever mean besides break up - an obvious non-starter since the bloc's formation - or declare war on one of the former EMC alliances? If IQ being at war was what all of you really wanted all along, you knew how to make it happen. Again, acting as though no one in Orbis save IQ has agency is and always has been stupid.

7 hours ago, Justin076 said:

In the talks I had with IQ, trust was their biggest thing. Yet every proposal presented to them to try and build trust between us and them was shot down with ridiculous excuses and just proved to me that they weren't in this in good-faith or with the intent of getting anywhere.

To be fair, you shouldn't discount the fact that you've been a uniquely odious public face for a major alliance. Trust or not, the only things I know about TCW are 1) it used to be GPA; 2) it latched on hard to a perennially-victorious power sphere; and 3) you're in a class of your own when it comes to being a blowhard.

7 hours ago, Hilmes said:

Concerning IQ as a whole, I really don't understand what non IQ wants from them. If its to split them up, all it really is going to do is make them dislike non IQ more and want to stick together. What are you trying to do? Beat them down hard enough to demonstrate other options are better? Are treaty cuts part of the terms you want to enforce? Just laying into your favorite punching bag? Do you really have the will to sustain a war that long to meet these goals? And if not, then whats the freaking point. 

If everyone and their mother spits vile and disgust on them, who the frick are they going to ally when they split up? Are they just supposed to be content to be weaker and vulnerable in comparison to every other sphere? Put yourself in their shoes and tell me wtf you're doing in their situation.

This is accurate. There's never been a plausible, let alone credible, explanation for what would happen to IQ's constituent alliances if it were to truly split other than get rolled piece meal.

Edited by Edward I
Typos
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Edward I said:

Umm...no. Economics played at least as large a role as anything IQ did or didn't do. If you don't want to take it from, take it from your own alliance's gov. Additionally, IQ has virtually no upper tier presence. It was said earlier in this thread that TGH had to sell down to hit IQ and its allies. Needless to say, buying up to hit opponents isn't exactly a viable strategy. It's telling that, despite the tiering of the bloc and all of its allies, it's still the cause of "stagnation". Why aren't Guardian, TKR, Rose, or Nuke Bloc the causes of stagnation? If the upper tiers of the game want to grow their nations like corn in peace that's their business, but don't try to spin this whole thing like it's exclusively the fault of a bunch of nations sitting at 2000 score.

You're really going to put the blame on economics? NPO has been able to build 130 nations from 9 cities to 14 cities? That is no easy task. If you're trying to say you didn't have time to build a war chest to do anything, its because you took out a crap of debt and focused fully on city construction. Construction that was really the only accomplishment of IQ's existence. NPO has consolidated the entire lower tier and has used it to their advantage to build as much as they have, which I can commend you for but to be honest, thats really all IQ has done. The sphere has created a safe space for NPO to grow and for Roqs ego to be protected. 

Building up to your opponents isn't a viable strategy? I mean considering you have 130 14 city nations, if you had built up, you probably could've done quite a number on the current coalition and would've been a lot of help to the alliances that are throwing themselves at us to defend ya'll. Historically you haven't been much help to the alliances you align yourself with and this is the case again. You have an incredible amount of potential strength at the helm but are sitting low and keeping out of range so not to risk taking any damage lmao. 

I'm not putting all the fault on IQ, if you'll notice in my posts earlier, I mentioned that IQ has helped the stagnation, not caused. All the alliances, except for Nuke Bloc have been making moves to try and incite a bit of life in the game, end the stagnation. EMC, which had consolidated much of the upper tier literally disbanded to try and end the stagnation. Then several EMC alliances with a large upper tier extended a hand to IQ alliances and they were turned away. 

2 hours ago, Edward I said:

To be fair, you shouldn't discount the fact that you've been a uniquely odious public face for a major alliance. Trust or not, the only things I know about TCW are 1) it used to be GPA; 2) it latched on hard to a perennially-victorious power sphere; and 3) you're in a class of your own when it comes to being a blowhard.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm trying hard for IQ's most hated forum poster 2018. 1) GPA yes, getting feelings of nostalgia right now; 2) We latched on to the only alliances we knew or were willing to extend their hand to us; 3) I'm glad you enjoy my shitposting 

EDIT: Honestly getting into another OWF argument over the same shit is pointless. I'll respect your look at things and I'm going to clock out unless someone seriously baits me back into this thread.

Edited by Justin076
  • Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate