FUUUUUUSION-HA!

On 3/9/2018 at 5:14 PM, Pheonix said:

It's truly is a circle jerk, 90% of posts on the OWF are just ripping on IQ and being salty. I IQ said a quarter of the stuff the other side said, all hell would break loose

Sucks to fricking suck.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

settradirect.png

2 hours ago, TheNG said:

Hey, I won't address the rest of your point, but speak for yourself here. It's been great fun watching people: 

A. Tear their hair out over IQ not posting anything on the OWF

B. Continually complain IQ is not doing anything

C. Go to greater and greater length to try to get a rise out of IQ on the OWF.

If you're that bored, then go do something fun yourself or troll someone who'll troll back. After all, if IQ is an inactive blob, they won't stop you, eh? :D

I mean. You're the *one* person in IQ who actually shitposts and flings back with content of your own. Your amusement therefore would probably serve as confirmation of our point. So... thanks?

(also I did not complain. I merely refute the victim narrative when brought up. Over and over and over again until either they tire or I do. Spoiler: I seldom tire.)

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

1 hour ago, Partisan said:

I mean. You're the *one* person in IQ who actually shitposts and flings back with content of your own. Your amusement therefore would probably serve as confirmation of our point. So... thanks?

(also I did not complain. I merely refute the victim narrative when brought up. Over and over and over again until either they tire or I do. Spoiler: I seldom tire.)

My amusement at trading memes with you and my amusement at seeing people post announcement "for" IQ because they're apparently so drama-starved are two different things entirely Partisan. And while you may not be complaining, I would say that you are/have been working on A. and C. quite a bit, with this post even. So, probably confirming my point as well, eh?

Everytime someone complains IQ never does anything on the OWF, NPO builds another city and Roq gets another flashback. Or something like that.....

Edited by TheNG
  • Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

PS the right way to play this was probably a smirking "well you said consolidate harder so we just tried to give you what you wanted"  kinda smarm.

Old BK would have known that.

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

16 hours ago, Holton said:

I would still contend that most of IQ is a shade. The "we aren't going to engage you" thing is a smokescreen for the true inactivity of most of their players.

Lol. No. 

10 hours ago, TheNG said:

If you're that bored, then go do something fun yourself or troll someone who'll troll back. After all, if IQ is an inactive blob, they won't stop you, eh? :D

Yeah basically this.

There are plenty of people who mostly play it as a casual browser game and there are  a higher concentration of those within one side so yes they will be less active compared to forum posters. Most people aren't going to commit further to a game to entertain others.  That's not what most players are here for. The appeal of browser games for most users is they aren't an intensive experience compared to an MMO and that's what the majority of players are signing up for, not for forum meta game. That's true.  Even within the actives that chat a lot on discord most people aren't going to post because there's no real incentive for the average person to troll. It's an activity that appeals to a limited set of people. I'm sure another demographic would probably post if it was a more RP model UN-ish atmosphere, but that's not what the forum's predominant demographics want. So if people want trolling, especially when it's used as ammo to pad justifications for  hating the group that trolls back, then they can find people that want to engage in back and forth. Basically, it's been almost three years of the same results with  a similar prevalent group shitposting with new  people jumping onto the forum bandwagons. Trolling people who don't want to constantly shitpost is a formula that doesn't result in additional content being created by someone else. The majority of the game's lifespan should be evidence enough.  The way to fix it would be to meme battle with people who want to meme battle/sling shit. 

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, TheNG said:

Hey, I won't address the rest of your point, but speak for yourself here. It's been great fun watching people: 

A. Tear their hair out over IQ not posting anything on the OWF

B. Continually complain IQ is not doing anything

C. Go to greater and greater length to try to get a rise out of IQ on the OWF.

8 hours ago, TheNG said:

My amusement at trading memes with you and my amusement at seeing people post announcement "for" IQ because they're apparently so drama-starved are two different things entirely Partisan. And while you may not be complaining, I would say that you are/have been working on A. and C. quite a bit, with this post even. So, probably confirming my point as well, eh?

Everytime someone complains IQ never does anything on the OWF, NPO builds another city and Roq gets another flashback. Or something like that.....

I'd say perhaps C applies. A....not that much. The issue in your assessment there is primarily one of exclusivity. You're not special: I drop righteous bombs of truth and waggle my glorious old fingers at anyone who goofs. Go talk to Smith and Kayser.

With regards to the "posting for IQ"... well, BK and Zodiac are major alliances/players (by virtue of size). It's a significant in-game event which people will want to discuss/talk about when they notice it. It's BKs choice not to control/direct/kickstart that conversation for their own reasons. But they shouldn't complain about the manner in which the conversation happens absent their input.

1 hour ago, Roquentin said:

Yeah basically this.

There are plenty of people who mostly play it as a casual browser game and there are  a higher concentration of those within one side so yes they will be less active compared to forum posters. Most people aren't going to commit further to a game to entertain others.  That's not what most players are here for. The appeal of browser games for most users is they aren't an intensive experience compared to an MMO and that's what the majority of players are signing up for, not for forum meta game. That's true.  Even within the actives that chat a lot on discord most people aren't going to post because there's no real incentive for the average person to troll. It's an activity that appeals to a limited set of people. I'm sure another demographic would probably post if it was a more RP model UN-ish atmosphere, but that's not what the forum's predominant demographics want. So if people want trolling, especially when it's used as ammo to pad justifications for  hating the group that trolls back, then they can find people that want to engage in back and forth. Basically, it's been almost three years of the same results with  a similar prevalent group shitposting with new  people jumping onto the forum bandwagons. Trolling people who don't want to constantly shitpost is a formula that doesn't result in additional content being created by someone else. The majority of the game's lifespan should be evidence enough.  The way to fix it would be to meme battle with people who want to meme battle/sling shit. 

That's a chicken-egg situation. Is the "casual" (read: disengaged) culture cause or effect of an alliance's government's decisions? BK is a point in case that imo improves the latter. When with syndisphere, their member base was engaged very heavily on the forums. It's only after they started making a few government changes, joined IQ and lost that first war, that they began to steer towards inactivity/casual play/dynamism/whatever you want to call it.

Is it a gag order? (as has been rumored), is it general displeasure at having lost and no longer being the belle of the ball? Is it simple apathy caused by weak internal governancy? Is it a coincidence of RL piling all? Shit do I know.

My point is: Your "casual" line does not hold up at all. Every alliance deals with the same issues. Especially initially. It's how you deal with your members that determines to a great extent how they respond to things.

As I said earlier: If you haven't noticed, people sling shit at everyone and alternate. You're just the only ones meta-complaining about how unfair it all is and how everyone is against you.

• Upvote 2

os9LcJK.gif

2 hours ago, Partisan said:

That's a chicken-egg situation. Is the "casual" (read: disengaged) culture cause or effect of an alliance's government's decisions? BK is a point in case that imo improves the latter. When with syndisphere, their member base was engaged very heavily on the forums. It's only after they started making a few government changes, joined IQ and lost that first war, that they began to steer towards inactivity/casual play/dynamism/whatever you want to call it.

It's more folks a lot of older folks especially within this demographic who've seen it all and prefer to be disengaged from the PnW community at-large. A lot of the casual players are here for their own communities and different reasons and there exists no real reason to engage in the troll/shitfests that the OWF here invariably delves into. 

With regards to other alliances disengaging in general from the IQ side, I'm going to take a guess and say its more based around the reasons that any amount of shit-posting isn't going to do much and just a waste of time. Haters gonna keep hating and you folks keep posting the same shit over and over again, and expecting the same response week in week out gets boring/stale and really leaves no reason to really engage lol. But thats just how I look at it. Also I think you take a few folks engaging here as some pan-alliance level generalisation which makes it even funnier xD 

17 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

It's more folks a lot of older folks especially within this demographic who've seen it all and prefer to be disengaged from the PnW community at-large. A lot of the casual players are here for their own communities and different reasons and there exists no real reason to engage in the troll/shitfests that the OWF here invariably delves into. 

With regards to other alliances disengaging in general from the IQ side, I'm going to take a guess and say its more based around the reasons that any amount of shit-posting isn't going to do much and just a waste of time. Haters gonna keep hating and you folks keep posting the same shit over and over again, and expecting the same response week in week out gets boring/stale and really leaves no reason to really engage lol. But thats just how I look at it. Also I think you take a few folks engaging here as some pan-alliance level generalisation which makes it even funnier xD 

It's less me taking "a few folks engaging as a pan-alliance level generalisation" and more "Me engaging in discussion with those who do frequent the OWF and engaging them on the points *they* tend to bring forward".

I don't dispute your point that different players play for different reasons and that effort/involvement levels vary based on personal situation and preferences. I do dispute the (structural) claims that:

A) everyone is against IQ by default

B ) IQ/Paracov/Whomever is allied to NPO  (Hehe) is less active/experienced/more casual than x or y at any given point in time, and that  is a valid cause/factor to bring into *any* argument concerning ingame politics (this one's brought up in some variation in nearly any argument).

Among other things. I'm lazy atm so i'll leave it at a short post hehe.

os9LcJK.gif

3 hours ago, Partisan said:

It's a significant in-game event which people will want to discuss/talk about when they notice it  

We don’t care what people want. 

3 hours ago, Partisan said:

Is it a gag order? (as has been rumored)

“Gee I wonder why people don’t come post where they will constantly be shit on, their gov must be telling them not to.”

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

We don’t care what people want. 

“Gee I wonder why people don’t come post where they will constantly be shit on, their gov must be telling them not to.”

- You're answering my comment out of context. You're free not to announce it. But people are also free to simply post about it themselves as its a relevant event. If you don't want to announce it/post about it, you have little room to complain when others *do*.

- See, I put both the question mark and the parenthesis to emphasize that its a rumor of which I can not discern whether its true. I could have gone:

- "lololol omg gag order omg"

I did not, and am engaging in a respectful discussion. Your retort to that is.... disrespect. Yet in the very same post you remark that people "don't come post where they are constantly shit on".

Kettle. Pot. Mirrors. Stones. Other things along those lines.

• Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

7 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

PS the right way to play this was probably a smirking "well you said consolidate harder so we just tried to give you what you wanted"  kinda smarm.

Old BK would have known that.

Old BK is too "out of touch" for them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

2 hours ago, Partisan said:

It's less me taking "a few folks engaging as a pan-alliance level generalisation" and more "Me engaging in discussion with those who do frequent the OWF and engaging them on the points *they* tend to bring forward".

I don't dispute your point that different players play for different reasons and that effort/involvement levels vary based on personal situation and preferences. I do dispute the (structural) claims that:

A) everyone is against IQ by default

B ) IQ/Paracov/Whomever is allied to NPO  (Hehe) is less active/experienced/more casual than x or y at any given point in time, and that  is a valid cause/factor to bring into *any* argument concerning ingame politics (this one's brought up in some variation in nearly any argument).

A) The majority of folks who do post here on a regular basis usually shits on IQ. When folks go into substantive debates, there are quite a few of us who turn up and get involved, but for the most bit, we choose not to when its just shitposts because anything we say/post usually ends up feeding the trolls. So in a matter of speaking, when the majority of shitposts are aimed at IQ, theres no real point in engaging them and you can't deny the more regular posters prefer to shit on us than most other folks. 

B ) It's not that folks from IQ are less engaged in the game as much as more casual when it comes to OWF/ outside their own community engagement is how I view it. For the most bit the NPO for example have folks who've been here and done this year in/ year out through multiple worlds and for the most bit are casual when it comes to outer community of folks and are active on discord etc. I do believe in sheer number/proportion of players on IQ side are more inclined to casually take part in the OWF activities due to the size of our alliances and the way we play. Its not really that much of a logical leap to claim that a lot of us don't particularly engage heavily here because of the kind of method we choose to the play game heh. 

Guest Karl VII
4 hours ago, LordStrum said:

Old BK is too "out of touch" for them

When did you become so whiny Strum?

You left on your own volition, no reason to start a salt fest on the OWF everytime a topic is about BK.

Guest Karl VII
1 hour ago, LordStrum said:

q4UQmF1.png

Not sure how me remembering the good old days is "whiny".

Have some common decency Strum, how about that?

You behave like a shunned ex-gf.

Edited by Karl VII

Guest Curufinwe
14 hours ago, Karl VII said:

Have some common decency Strum, how about that?

You behave like a shunned ex-gf.

6897728_700b.jpg