FUUUUUUSION-HA!

1 hour ago, Who Me said:

Why bother? We know that the other side is going to be salty and shit all over anything we do. So we just let them post about it and have their own little circle jerk. That is all they are good for these days anyway.

It's truly is a circle jerk, 90% of posts on the OWF are just ripping on IQ and being salty. I IQ said a quarter of the stuff the other side said, all hell would break loose

Edited by Pheonix
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

I thought ayyy lmao died in 2017. 

I miss you shifty.

Dude, I'm right here.

Ayy lmao died when Shifty died inside.

Now BK has died, so Shifty has been reborn. There must be balance to the force.

Edited by ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™ said:

Dude, I'm right here.

Ayy lmao died when Shifty died inside.

Now BK has died, so Shifty has been reborn. There must be balance to the force.

wow that actually made sense. 

#approved

9 hours ago, Pheonix said:

It's truly is a circle jerk, 90% of posts on the OWF are just ripping on IQ and being salty. I IQ said a quarter of the stuff the other side said, all hell would break loose

Maybe you should say those things. Maybe you should stand up for yourselves instead of complaining.

It seems to me that IQ's problem (or one of them) is that you commit actions that lead to the same result (consolidation) over and over again, expecting a different response by the community every time. And when you don't get a different response, you whine about how the OWF is always salty and against you. If avoiding that kind of response is really something that's important to you, commit to actual tangible change and give people a reason to change their minds.

Edited by Big Brother
  • Upvote 3

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

13 hours ago, Pheonix said:

wKGLMs9.png

Who do you think is behind it?

Just look at the post above.

Open your eyes fam.

Cetk2e1W4AEKerJ.jpg

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Partisan said:

You were also probably one of the *least* constructive out of syndisphere majors where posting style was concerned. An argument could be made for Mensa, but they actually engaged in (both mechanical and political) debate, rather than just meme-ing ;).

come on, we only memed 99% of the time

we were serious every blue moon :P

• Upvote 3
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

6 hours ago, Partisan said:

Uhhhh.... the nature of the OWF has always been the exact same as it is now: It's argumentative and includes a high amount of frickery and trolling. Back when it suited you, your alliance happily indulged and rode the (OWF) bandwagon alongside Syndisphere. You were also probably one of the *least* constructive out of syndisphere majors where posting style was concerned. An argument could be made for Mensa, but they actually engaged in (both mechanical and political) debate, rather than just meme-ing ;).

But now.... anything that resembles criticism or a meme constitutes an "evil coordinated OWF circlejerk against you which can not be broken and which must be disengaged!"

The truth is, dear ex-allies... You have become lazy. Your FA  moves are lazy (consolidation). Your PR efforts are nonexistent, and frankly, you've become boring both to play with, or against. You've uhhh... deliberately taken your own user-generated content out of a game which thrives on user-generated content, and now you are whining about other people's user-generated content. What do you want? For everyone to just sit around without any strife or arguments whatsoever, building cities and congratulating one another on the next ultimately irrelevant treaty?

You're right that the majority of the OWF is ripping on IQ. Why? Because your "side" constitutes approximately half the active player base of the game and you've actively disengaged from the OWF. That means that the "pro-IQ" demographic is mute. The majortiy who do post, don't really engage as much as whine about how everyone is against them. Provided the above.... you're left with just what you call the "anti-IQ" and the independents. Given that IQ gives no PR sound or effort on its own, "anti-IQ" rhetoric wins out.

It's of your own design. It's consequence, not cause. So take your victim mentality and stick it :P.

I would still contend that most of IQ is a shade. The "we aren't going to engage you" thing is a smokescreen for the true inactivity of most of their players.

I'm glad BK and Zodiac merged. That was a good move. Consolidating active players is what this game needs to create some competitive alliances.

Edited by Holton

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

1 minute ago, Holton said:

I would still contend that most of IQ is a shade. The "we aren't going to engage you" thing is a smokescreen for the true inactivity of most of their players.

I'm glad BK and Zodiac merged. That was a good move. Consolidating active players is what this game needs to create some competitive alliances.

Per information I received, I'd agree with the first point - but then again...  9+ months of inactivity.

The latter point I disagree.  I think we're realizing that some alliance leadership's can't handle large memberships while remaining interesting in the game.  Afterall, the inactivity of members in those alliances declined for a reason.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Per information I received, I'd agree with the first point - but then again...  9+ months of inactivity.

The latter point I disagree.  I think we're realizing that some alliance leadership's can't handle large memberships while remaining interesting in the game.  Afterall, the inactivity of members in those alliances declined for a reason.

Yes and no. The Chola, moving into Zodiac, has been around for awhile. Community-wise I would say Zodiac is doing a much better job than BK, but mechanically BK seems to perform better in a fight. I think as you said, BK's leadership is struggling to maintain their own community right now. The influx of more people to help manage it might help them.

Basically, because of how alliances are structured, there is and can only ever be a 1% of people that "matter". ie - the management team. The leadership is what matters. So therefore, the concentration of leadership and their chemistry are what matters the most. It's why every alliance that exists is boring right now. There's one or two people who are too busy trying to stay alive to actually thrive. I believe there is a third way, as Arrgh aptly demonstrates, but c'est la vie.

Hopefully they can swing a best-of-both scenario because Partisan is right. Regardless of what side you're on, IQ is *boring* in its current state. They're not having fun, we're not having fun, even Fraggle is losing interest.

• Upvote 3

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

6 minutes ago, Holton said:

Yes and no. The Chola, moving into Zodiac, has been around for awhile. Community-wise I would say Zodiac is doing a much better job than BK, but mechanically BK seems to perform better in a fight. I think as you said, BK's leadership is struggling to maintain their own community right now. The influx of more people to help manage it might help them.

Basically, because of how alliances are structured, there is and can only ever be a 1% of people that "matter". ie - the management team. The leadership is what matters. So therefore, the concentration of leadership and their chemistry are what matters the most. It's why every alliance that exists is boring right now. There's one or two people who are too busy trying to stay alive to actually thrive. I believe there is a third way, as Arrgh aptly demonstrates, but c'est la vie.

Hopefully they can swing a best-of-both scenario because Partisan is right. Regardless of what side you're on, IQ is *boring* in its current state. They're not having fun, we're not having fun, even Fraggle is losing interest.

Adding community dynamics and chemistry:

I think it's also we're getting older, not younger.

There's an OoC component where we're busier. Back in the day, I could meme 25/7, find an extra hour to post. Same with our BK gov then. Now everyone has gone off to do other things. The younger people here aren't necessarily that competent nor interested I'd say.

That then translates to: 
"I'm not coming back to spend my one free hour a day to this shitfest of players."
t. Prefontaine

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Buorhann said:

OWF is "toxic" in the sense that if someone does something stupid, there will be people bandwagoning on to criticize it.  (Recent example: SGM and AO)  People love drama, they come here to read drama and/or participate in it.

Can confirm.^^^

Drive by shade if I ever saw it, @Buorhann

Can't even be mad at it.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Queen M said:

Can confirm.^^^

Drive by shade if I ever saw it, @Buorhann

Can't even be mad at it.

No shade.  All you have to do is read the threads regarding it and see from the reactions of people who replied there.  People thrive on that sort of drama stuff.  Always have been, always will.  It's what makes this game interesting while also frustrating.

• Upvote 2

IQ members and leaders should indeed be more active on the forums. I've done my share of IQ ripping too, but there would be so much more fun to be had by everyone if the IQ side flug shit back at me and others.

• Upvote 5

new_forum_sig_2.png

1 minute ago, Thalmor said:

IQ members and leaders should indeed be more active on the forums. I've done my share of IQ ripping too, but there would be so much more fun to be had by everyone if the IQ side flug shit back at me and others.

How about KT do a real war already?

• Upvote 5

Just now, Buorhann said:

How about KT do a real war already?

See? This is what I mean. ^^^ 

As for your question, Buorhann, you should ask Theo or Keegoz. Last time I touched FA I almost got us rolled like 4 times.

• Upvote 6

new_forum_sig_2.png

8 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

See? This is what I mean. ^^^ 

As for your question, Buorhann, you should ask Theo or Keegoz. Last time I touched FA I almost got us rolled like 4 times.

You had a little help, don't lie :^)

cool-oh-you-dog-meme-hanging-on-the-sky-

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Thalmor said:

Last time I touched FA I almost got us rolled like 4 times.

You say that like it's a bad thing

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

5 hours ago, Holton said:

, IQ is *boring* in its current state. They're not having fun, we're not having fun, even Fraggle is losing interest.

Hey, I won't address the rest of your point, but speak for yourself here. It's been great fun watching people: 

A. Tear their hair out over IQ not posting anything on the OWF

B. Continually complain IQ is not doing anything

C. Go to greater and greater length to try to get a rise out of IQ on the OWF.

If you're that bored, then go do something fun yourself or troll someone who'll troll back. After all, if IQ is an inactive blob, they won't stop you, eh? :D

• Upvote 5

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.