PROJECT PROPOSAL - Fort Knox

Alex

• Administrators

I'm looking to add a lot of new National Projects to the game to increase diversity, specialization, and dynamism in-game (while giving larger nations more to do and more options to pick from.) So expect a lot of posts like these. Initially I'd just like to get feedback on the ideas and proposals for number tweaks.

eRf9NM5.png

Name: Fort Knox

Description: A national vault for safekeeping money and resources.

What it does: Protects your last $1,000,000 and 500 of each resource from being lootable. I.E. If you are looted for 10% and have 550 of a resource, instead of taking 10% (55) it would only take 50. If you had 500 or less of a resource, no loot of that resource would be taken.

Proposed Cost: 3,000 Steel & $25,000,000

---

Now, please offer your thoughts. Numbers could be tweaked from $1m and 500 of each resource, for example, as well as project cost.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Honestly, I have nothing against this personally.  Takes up a Project slot and has a hefty upfront cost for it.

It'll upset those that raid in this game, though, as they rely on looting more vulnerable players who focus on Econ.

Since steel is already used a lot for military I would like to have projects with other resources (and also have Ships using less steel, like 10 steel and 10 alum per ship)

It is stupid to say since I produce steel but it makes sense

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Since steel is already used a lot for military I would like to have projects with other resources (and also have Ships using less steel, like 10 steel and 10 alum per ship)

It is stupid to say since I produce steel but it makes sense

I'm looking to add a lot of new projects. I'd be happy to entertain one that reduces or changes the cost of Ships. However, I'd like to keep discussion in this thread specific to this project so as to keep discussion on-track and efficient.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 hour ago, Paul Warburg said:

I think this project should be able to protect resources based on your city count. So like 200*city count for resources and 500k per city. Everything is relative here, can we keep it that way?

I agree with this, I know at my size this project is useless.  If you wanted to be really sneaky, you could also make the project cost scale with the cities as well.

• Upvote 1

Should go by city as stated above. Maybe like 50 of each resource, 150k cash per city.

Example:

20 cities > 1000 of each resource and 3 Million dollars

• Upvote 3

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

500 of each and 1 million is too low. I like the idea for the project to scale by cities so that it kinda remains relevant for everyone in the game.

Alternatively, you could set a limit like 150 per city flat and that 150 could be a mix of whatever resources the player wants to save manually. For example, 150 per city at my 18 cities means a max of 2700 resources which I could fill in with say 1000 steel, 500 alum, 500 gas, 700 munitions.

• Upvote 1

• Wiki Mod

Meh, I don't feel strongly about this one way or the other.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Why not have this project A. scale by cities and B. be on top of the base level of safe, unlootable resources? Like $100k money 100 resources base per city and this project doubles it? That way everyone is still able to compete, this just provides a benefit to those that choose to afford it.

As for raiding, as long as 'unlootable' resources don't affect alliance banks, then raiding is still quite viable. Just do the intelligence operation and blockade and hit alliances that you know keep a swole bank; it's not that hard.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
forgot 'per city'

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Paul Warburg said:

I think this project should be able to protect resources based on your city count. So like 200*city count for resources and 500k per city. Everything is relative here, can we keep it that way?

I'd be fine with it scaling by city count.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

You may want to rename this something else, as it's a very American name that most non-American players may not get. Maybe something like National Vault?

• Upvote 2

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I'd be fine with it scaling by city count.

I like what @Justin076 suggested, number's wise.  Nothing too obscene with the resource saved, but enough to where you're not completely crippled when you log in.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The downside to this, is I know when I am fighting an opponent, there are times when I will purposely run ground attacks to make sure they don't have enough money to buy nukes.  If the money protected is high enough, it will prevent that from happening.

Protecting only resources maybe?

10 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The downside to this, is I know when I am fighting an opponent, there are times when I will purposely run ground attacks to make sure they don't have enough money to buy nukes.  If the money protected is high enough, it will prevent that from happening.

Mate, I realize you haven't fought many raiders so no shade, but believe me when I say that it is VERY possible to get nukes even when you're blockaded and zeroed. It's not quite as easy as getting missiles, but there are ways known to pirates for getting money for military.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot