First 

• Downvote 3
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

• Lastly, I have changed losing a war so that you will NOT be sent to Beige for any length of time if you are engaged in any offensive wars. This means that Beige will function as it is intended to work, as a buffer time to rebuild/regroup, for nations that are not in any offensive wars. For nations that are in offensive wars, they will not get any Beige time. This change is in part because many players find it preferential not to win a war because their opponent gains so much from it, and also because players are starting to intentionally get Beiged right after they declare new wars, so as to prevent counter-attacks. This latter gameplay seems like an unfair abuse of war mechanics, and this change prevents aggressors from using Beige to their advantage. Again, this is probably a controversial change that will likely have unexpected consequences for gameplay, which is why it is under the TRIAL change section, meaning it will be changed back to how it was before in about a month.

Have fun with no war perpetually now.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, LeotheGreat said:

You'll note this is one of the trial changes that I intend to remove after a month.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

That beige change really does alliance wars dirty dawg. Also, gonna go ahead and say no one will ever use the ordinary war feature. People only war for loot or do damage, they won't squat the line between the two. 

• Upvote 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Alkaline said:

Also, gonna go ahead and say no one will ever use the ordinary war feature. People only war for loot or do damage, they won't squat the line between the two. 

You're probably right, but that's okay. I'd rather have more options available than not enough.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Wiki Mod
5 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

As the resident alarmist, no.

3 minutes ago, Alkaline said:

That beige change really does alliance wars dirty dawg. Also, gonna go ahead and say no one will ever use the ordinary war feature. People only war for loot or do damage, they won't squat the line between the two. 

You mean people might actually close their wars now? Though the implementation is super whacked. Though your right about the war types.

The war slot change is garbage honestly.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Doubt Ordinary will be used ever tbh, but I think the beige change and the defensive slot count reduction will be interesting. It does feel like you're killing some of the incentive to get the first strike in a war, which may just lead to stagnation, but on the other hand it makes it awesome to be the defender. Would be cool to see everyone trying to goad one another into attacking them.

• Upvote 4

bw0643E.gif

8 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

The no beige while you're fighting offensive wars rule just punishes raiders even further. Ffs Alex, if you end up rolling with that, you might as well the the change the game's name to Farmville already. :P

Farms are already the best. Might as well... 

oJUk8pH.png?1

• Upvote 3

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

2 minutes ago, Vack said:

Doubt Ordinary will be used ever tbh, but I think the beige change and the defensive slot count reduction will be interesting. It does feel like you're killing some of the incentive to get the first strike in a war, which may just lead to stagnation, but on the other hand it makes it awesome to be the defender. Would be cool to see everyone trying to goad one another into attacking them.

Just my opinion, but a better use of time might've been to try to address how your server can't seem to keep an uptime of more than a month

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

Yo the beige change is actually awesome. It might actually make wars, y'know, fightable.

I love it.

It's seriously good.

In theory.

Let's see.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Alex said:

I have reduced the number of starting Military Action Points (MAPs) on both sides to 5. The idea behind this change is that now that you cannot use Fortify to prevent losing a war, or perhaps to comeback from behind in a war, you are at a disadvantage when someone attacks you and you aren't online to immediately respond. This change means that defenders have an extra 2 hours to get online and use their accumulated MAPs in defensive wars before they've wasted new MAP generation and are behind in the race to win the war. War Policies still affect this as they did before, i.e. they will add/subtract from the trial starting MAP value of 5 as expected.

Mind if I correct that for you? 

I have reduced the number of starting Military Action Points (MAPs) on both sides to 5. The idea behind this change is that now that you have a harder time updeclaring, killing whales. The whales now have additional time before they get hit by two airstrikes by each attacker, allowing them more time to gain ground control before their air takes a hit. Thus, whales are not more protected against damage from smaller nations and requires more investment by newer players to hit older players. This change means that defenders have an extra 2 hours to get online and use their accumulated MAPs in defensive wars before they've wasted new MAP generation and are behind in the race to win the war. War Policies still affect this as they did before, i.e. they will add/subtract from the trial starting MAP value of 5 as expected.

I get it's temporary, but is there even a reason as to why this was added in the first place? I thought you were trying to incentivise war? This is definitely not doing that. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE
  • Upvote 3

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Unpopular opinion.  

I'm kinda hype for these new changes. It will pose a challenge to the players and get us working to build our community a bit more dynamic 

• Upvote 5

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

• Jax locked this topic