Jump to content
Sketchy

Alex, its been 9 months, I think its time to deal with reality.

Recommended Posts

I want ma money back you silly billy !!

giphy.gif

Edited by LostWorld
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

Hrm, PDF still doesn't work for me.

Did you really expect it to?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just boycott any purchase of credits and VIP subscritions until he it rollback? He might use ads to substitute for the income loss, but his attempt will fail because we can use an adblock. This boycott will work.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sketchy said:

-snip-

 

Now this I can get behind, no unnecessarily complex maths formulas (seriously simplify this stuff, if you programmed it in like that with the factorials I'd have you head for wasting cpu time), its simple and to the point, anyone can get the idea without whipping out a calculator or a spreadsheet, and we can min-max to our hearts content within parameters. Also as the bonus caps out at 33% after 3, you get constant returns to scale after that so you still specialise but its not extremely broken and its not an all or nothing affair (go hard or go home)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

-snip-

 

Oh would you look at that, A second system still better than this cluster frick 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LeotheGreat said:

This is the Ideal economy. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 9.46.02 AM.png

I blame solar and wind for killing the coal industry.

Also umm, who bought out all the coal?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also believe we went too far the other way, a lessening of the current economic structure would probably be a good thing.  The economy is only going to get more expensive, and when that giant global war does break out, I pity the resources prices then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

At least Food is back down to the 120ish range.

Back in my day, food was 90

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I want to make the game more enjoyable and rewarding for everyone." 

"Alex, all but two of us are not enjoying the game as much now."

"No, you are. Trust me. It's more rewarding now."

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cazaric said:

"I want to make the game more enjoyable and rewarding for everyone." 

"Alex, all but two of us are not enjoying the game as much now."

"No, you are. Trust me. It's more rewarding now."

Nine months ago we had 2,138 active nations and 5,764 total nations.

Today, we have 4,190 active nations and 7,853 total nations.

I've found that the opinions expressed on the forums are in large part those of just the super-dedicated players, which are great; I love you guys. However, there are thousands of players who are not active on the forums and I don't think it's fair to say that forum users are representative of the entire playerbase. For example, I did a randomized sample of player's opinions on the proposed war changes, and you wouldn't know it looking at the forums but ~66% of players were in favor of nerfing Fortify.

In any case, I want the game to be fun, dynamic, etc. and I would really like to encourage war and help new players grow and all that. And I am confident we can do these things without rolling back the 'great deflation' update, which I think would be a step backwards. Everyone looks at the past through rose-tinted glasses, but I think P&W is doing pretty well as-is, and ultimately I can't force you guys to fight each other if you don't want to.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nerfing Fortify has nothing to do with the request in this thread.  I know that's an example, but it's one that holds no relation to this topic.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex said:

Nine months ago we had 2,138 active nations and 5,764 total nations.

Today, we have 4,190 active nations and 7,853 total nations.

I've found that the opinions expressed on the forums are in large part those of just the super-dedicated players, which are great; I love you guys. However, there are thousands of players who are not active on the forums and I don't think it's fair to say that forum users are representative of the entire playerbase. For example, I did a randomized sample of player's opinions on the proposed war changes, and you wouldn't know it looking at the forums but ~66% of players were in favor of nerfing Fortify.

In any case, I want the game to be fun, dynamic, etc. and I would really like to encourage war and help new players grow and all that. And I am confident we can do these things without rolling back the 'great deflation' update, which I think would be a step backwards. Everyone looks at the past through rose-tinted glasses, but I think P&W is doing pretty well as-is, and ultimately I can't force you guys to fight each other if you don't want to.

Yeah, about that. 106,348 nations have been simulated to date! 7,853 nations exist now. That is a really poor retention rate you have there.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buorhann said:

Nerfing Fortify has nothing to do with the request in this thread.  I know that's an example, but it's one that holds no relation to this topic.

The argument being made was that "look, no one likes this, why are you insisting on it" and my response is that just because people on the forums don't like it, doesn't mean that no one likes it. I used the Fortify example as evidence for my point.

Just now, Who Me said:

Yeah, about that. 106,348 nations have been simulated to date! 7,853 nations exist now. That is a really poor retention rate you have there.

The game isn't for everyone. Does everyone you know IRL play text-based games?

We have about a 10% retention rate for new players signing up, which is pretty good (I think) all things considered. It's obviously a niche and many other people would rather play Clash of Clans or Madden 2018.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nine months ago we had 2,138 active nations and 5,764 total nations.

Today, we have 4,190 active nations and 7,853 total nations.

I've found that the opinions expressed on the forums are in large part those of just the super-dedicated players, which are great; I love you guys. However, there are thousands of players who are not active on the forums and I don't think it's fair to say that forum users are representative of the entire playerbase. For example, I did a randomized sample of player's opinions on the proposed war changes, and you wouldn't know it looking at the forums but ~66% of players were in favor of nerfing Fortify.

In any case, I want the game to be fun, dynamic, etc. and I would really like to encourage war and help new players grow and all that. And I am confident we can do these things without rolling back the 'great deflation' update, which I think would be a step backwards. Everyone looks at the past through rose-tinted glasses, but I think P&W is doing pretty well as-is, and ultimately I can't force you guys to fight each other if you don't want to.

The super-dedicated players are the ones who best understand the game and spend hours calculating how best to set up cities, and are often the ones instructing new players on how to build their cities. So they are the ones you need to listen to.

Also I highly doubt the increased playerbase has much to do with the econ changes. You've got the numbers and stuff but isn't that to do with the app?

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vack said:

The super-dedicated players are the ones who best understand the game and spend hours calculating how best to set up cities, and are often the ones instructing new players on how to build their cities. So they are the ones you need to listen to.

Also I highly doubt the increased playerbase has much to do with the econ changes. You've got the numbers and stuff but isn't that to do with the app?

And they're probably also the ones who don't want to bother with recalculations and are more conservative toward change in general.

The apps are a new stream of players coming in, but the game was pretty stagnant at 1700-2200 active players between Feb '16 and June '17. The apps launch and econ changes largely coincided, so it is tough to differentiate the effects of each, but I wouldn't expect the econ changes to really impact player retention either way. If, however, the game was so good before the econ changes and so bad after the fact now, I wouldn't expect to have seen stagnation (no growth in playerbase) before the changes, and then growth afterward.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.