Alex, its been 9 months, I think its time to deal with reality.

Sketchy

I'm curious if Sheepy looks at each alliance's stockpile of resources to determine things.  After 9+ months of just sitting there (Some alliances way longer than that), I'm curious as to how many alliances have millions of resources stockpiled away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Them said:

I think the real question is as to how a student in one of the best econ programs in the US didn't see this coming.

That's easy:

1) Thinks answering messages is playing the game.

2) Thinks the server is down when it is still running.

3) Makes war mechanic changes in the middle of a major war.

4) Freezes war declarations right before a major war but doesn't freeze spy ops and thinks it's OK.

And so on...

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I'm curious if Sheepy looks at each alliance's stockpile of resources to determine things.  After 9+ months of just sitting there (Some alliances way longer than that), I'm curious as to how many alliances have millions of resources stockpiled away.

millions across all resources or millions of each individual resource?

1 minute ago, Angel Akuryo said:

millions across all resources or millions of each individual resource?

Each individual resource.

Don't get me wrong, I agree 100% with Sketchy.  I'm just curious if he looks at the current amount in the world and how it's dispersed, then decides to make changes to balance it out that way.

Edited by Buorhann

30 minutes ago, Angel Akuryo said:

Uh....
I unno, maybe NPO with it's 100/100 taxes? I could kinda believe that.

Well, raiders get a dialog of how much loot they got and how much that is proportionately to the alliance bank they looted it from. This paints us a picture of hundreds of thousands of each individual resource accessible in direct banks for most large alliances. Considering banks can be and are hidden in individual nations or much more difficult to raid alliances, the sum total of resources accessible to alliances and especially blocs should be an awful lot higher. Sometimes it is millions, sometimes it's only thousands in the case of micros.

If you look at a raiders' bank history, then you'll actually see how much they looted from the enemy alliance's bank along with a note saying how much of their bank it is, and when that beige happened. Scrape the Arrgh admiralty's bank history and you'll see decent bank stats for an awful lot of alliances.

Ironically, if one checks NPO, they've got very little in their bank according to raid stats.

8 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, raiders get a dialog of how much loot they got and how much that is proportionately to the alliance bank they looted it from. This paints us a picture of hundreds of thousands of each individual resource accessible in direct banks for most large alliances. Considering banks can be and are hidden in individual nations or much more difficult to raid alliances, the sum total of resources accessible to alliances and especially blocs should be an awful lot higher. Sometimes it is millions, sometimes it's only thousands in the case of micros.

If you look at a raiders' bank history, then you'll actually see how much they looted from the enemy alliance's bank along with a note saying how much of their bank it is, and when that beige happened. Scrape the Arrgh admiralty's bank history and you'll see decent bank stats for an awful lot of alliances.

Ironically, if one checks NPO, they've got very little in their bank according to raid stats.

Huh. Well, i know exactly how much Pantheon has, so thats really the only yardstick i have.

22 minutes ago, Angel Akuryo said:

Huh. Well, i know exactly how much Pantheon has, so thats really the only yardstick i have.

Well, what I'm saying is that you can do the following:
1. Look at an alliance's war page, then look to see which wars they've lost
2. Look at the winning nation's bank stats page
3. Look for a withdrawal from the bank of the alliance that they raided
and there you'll find the information about how much they looted and how much that is compared to that alliances' total bank. This is all public information, so theoretically you can find information about any alliance's bank if they've had a member beiged in the last 30 days.

Actually, looking into it a bit closer, the bank statistics in raider nations are held for a lot longer than that. For example, according to my records, on 12/29/2017 03:26 am game time, Pantheon had:
$869,580,000
242500 food
5000 oil
2500 uranium
10000 gas
7500 munitions
10000 steel
5000 aluminum
in your direct alliance bank, with a margin of error of at least 1250 per resource and possibly over $144 million money. So, uh, not THAT accurate and certainly not recent (this raid happened 3 months ago), but it's a ballpark. I couldn't find any records from within the last 30 days, so good job there.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

13 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, what I'm saying is that you can do the following:
1. Look at an alliance's war page, then look to see which wars they've lost
2. Look at the winning nation's bank stats page
3. Look for a withdrawal from the bank of the alliance that they raided
and there you'll find the information about how much they looted and how much that is compared to that alliances' total bank. This is all public information, so theoretically you can find information about any alliance's bank if they've had a member beiged in the last 30 days.

Actually, looking into it a bit closer, the bank statistics in raider nations are held for a lot longer than that. For example, according to my records, on 12/29/2017 03:26 am game time, Pantheon had:
$869,580,000
242500 food
5000 oil
2500 uranium
10000 gas
7500 munitions
10000 steel
5000 aluminum
in your direct alliance bank, with a margin of error of at least 1250 per resource and possibly over $144 million money. So, uh, not THAT accurate and certainly not recent (this raid happened 3 months ago), but it's a ballpark. I couldn't find any records from within the last 30 days, so good job there.

Yeah, we've been staying up on that, and i can tell you that most of those currently arent even remotely in the same galaxy, actually im surprised to see them so low given what it is now XD

I have to agree to this entirely. Not much else to say besides that to be honest, you laid out about anything one could say about this update rather well.

• Upvote 3

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

Well this has managed to get Rose's leader, an IQ leader and various IQ gov members, Micchan (who is clearly the voice of TKR :P ), TCW's head of defense, Keegoz, Durmij, Acadia's leader, House Stark's Hand, and Polaris' Minister of Love to support it among quite a few others.

I dare say that and combined with all the likes must make this one of the most broadly supported proposals I have seen in PnW.

Edited by Rache Olderen
  • Upvote 1

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

5 hours ago, Rache Olderen said:

Well this has managed to get Rose's leader, an IQ leader and various IQ gov members, Micchan (who is clearly the voice of TKR :P ), TCW's head of defense, Keegoz, Durmij, Acadia's leader, House Stark's Hand, and Polaris' Minister of Love to support it among quite a few others.

I dare say that and combined with all the likes must make this one of the most broadly supported proposals I have seen in PnW.

Well if you read back I happened to say the game was fine so.......instead of complaining about the game how about you adjust play style to fit the game parameters? Enough Intelligent people here in enough gov positions to make the adjustment. I mean if you admit to not being smart enough to play the game as the game is than that is a different thread. I recommend playing cops and robbers with force fields

• Downvote 12

33 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

You barely play the game other than for filling embargoes and building nukes, so what do you know about the effect the changes have had for actual active players?

Apparently quite a lot considering he has close to 90 likes on his post from players the 2 major sides of the game. 

Edited by Codonian