Alex, its been 9 months, I think its time to deal with reality.

Sketchy

While as whale I disagree than all those "negatives" are negatives and low-tier nations should abandon all hope in low-tiers profiting from resource production or warring and just grow the hell up, I can agree to that diagnosis is true. Even if nothing else gets changed nerfing the pollution from production and mines would be nice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 18

I'm sure Alex has his reasons to stay put with the existing update. For one, PnW is growing even without investment into ads unlike the past.

Secondly, I think Alex feels loosening up Econ mode could just make top 2-3 Alliances simply swell faster and continue to create a stagnant ice peak that continues to chill high up and not flow down.

Let's face it, there's hardly any alliance wars happening. The Alliances that do go to war are the lower tier Alliances.

What Alex needs to do is bring some vigour and vibrance to the game to promote some long awaited action among the silent ice cold Alliances. 

Then... Loosen up on the Economy mode, which more active and veteran players in PnW are yearning so much for. 

23 minutes ago, WarGamer said:

Small nations have been hit hard. The objectives does give them a head start, but they are basically reliant on grants, that are taxed out of big nations by alliances. I mean yes, that's what alliances are for.. helping each other. But the economy is really screwed. And this might be one of the reasons people fear to go to war.. they might become vulnerable for months after the war ends.. as they would take time to build up.

War, you seriously can't believe the economy or market prices are konked just cus of some update? The larger nations, who can churn out large production also has part to blame. Plus these rabid prices are ridiculous when there's wars happening or smell of some disputes catching fire. And BTW, smaller much younger nations will always depend on help irrespective of updates interfering. That's what Alliances are for. Unfortunately, gluttony knows no boundaries and top level alliances expect quick results..

Can't blame Alex for that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 45

I don't think that a complete rollback of the system at this point is reasonable nor would it fix the issues. The issue with the current system is raws are worthless with the exception of uranium with a uep but even they can be bad at times. If raws are worthless then the manufactured prices skyrocket because of a lack of supply. That happens until an equilibrium is met. Lately that seems to put steel at 5kppu. 5kppu is a horrible price for steel because it makes tanks and ships next to impossible to build for war(though I think the fortify system is a bigger cause to lack of war). That said sheepy just needs to make raws more desirable. 

Takeout the stupid pollution requirements he set on them. Let's face it in a first world country mining for raw materials hardly produce pollution beyond gasoline usage in vehicles. It's the factories that refine the material that produce decent amounts of pollution. See if that does the trick and makes the market stable if it doesn't then more might need to be done, but I don't think we need anything as drastic as a rollback.

Prolly the biggest problem with the current economic setup is that it makes pirating the most profitable tactic. So screw the 90% of players that aren't pirates!

Edited by hydraik
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

8 minutes ago, Dio Brando said:

(1): Yeah, but his reasons are fricking retarded. Second... where did Sketchy mention growth rate of the playerbase?

(2): You've missed the point. It isn't the top 2-3 alliances losing out, it's the new guys. Go learn the mechanics first.

(3): And why do you believe that is so? There is a common assumption that is made (which I believe is perfectly rational to make). The lowering of costs attached with wars will lead to more wars. So... sit down, and think about what you're saying.

(4): Sure... I'll see that "vigour and vibrance" when steel prices hit $10k when war-time hits. 

(5)sigh. That is exactly what happened. 

(6): ...you know that output and production was nerfed heavily right? My, and a whole hella other people's issue with the update was that it tweaked supply as opposed to demand.

(7): Yeah? Then change this shit. 

(8): So your justification for new nations struggling is to make it harder for them to get by? Cool beans.

(9): I blame Alex. There.

Lol. 

You uh, been reading this thread? 

You seem to be confused. If you didn't understand what I said or don't agree, then get in line and downvote. Simple as that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 36

5 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

'I can't defend my shoddy attempt at an argument when someone tears it down, so I just dismiss it.'

The irony of almost everyone who's upvoted this has seem to done just that. Gj on the salt thread guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 15

31 minutes ago, LordStrum said:

"If you don't agree, don't counter with valid arguments so I don't feel like an idiot."

Don't get me wrong like the Brando guy. Im not typing to counter anyone at the forum. As a player of PnW, I view this forum and comment my view. 

Some people get over exaggerated and question me like I should agree with someone elses views. I believe I have a right to my exercise my own views.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 17