Letting players sleep

Sir Scarfalot

To respond to

17 hours ago, TitoBroz said:

So basically, if someone attacks me while I'm asleep, I pretty much lost the war because I can't raise my Resistance and I can't drop theirs to 0 before they do mine because they had a head start. Great update /s

An option could be to require two consecutive immense triumphs to establish ground control, air superiority, or blockade. That way, while ground control can be established immediately, it can't be paired with an immediate triumph airstrike or triumph naval battle. Players would therefore have at least 2 full hours to respond before either air superiority or blockade can be established, 18 hours before both air superiority and blockade can be established, and 26 hours before all controls are established.

This doesn't completely eliminate the power of a blitz, but it does leave the defender options even if they are caught sleeping/working/IRL anything at day change.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
I might have derped the math
  • Upvote 3

sounds like a great idea, Or you could enter a sleep mode which last 8 hours, which will prevent your nation from being attacked, but your resource production could drop by 50% while in sleep mode, and sleep mode could only be activated every 16 hours. 8+16=24 hours. Still like your idea too, just if you did that, even if you were online your wars would be altered, and could prevent the attacker from gaining ground control at all and could cause them to be countered easier

Edited by Keelan Kyle
  • Upvote 2

On 2/28/2018 at 2:56 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

An option could be to require two consecutive immense triumphs to establish ground control, air superiority, or blockade. That way, while ground control can be established immediately, it can't be paired with an immediate triumph airstrike or triumph naval battle. Players would therefore have at least 2 full hours to respond before either air superiority or blockade can be established, 18 hours before both air superiority and blockade can be established, and 26 hours before all controls are established.

This doesn't completely eliminate the power of a blitz, but it does leave the defender options even if they are caught sleeping/working/IRL anything at day change.

Nice idea, however there will be LOTS of complaints by Arrgh, as it will be easier to turn around wars in a day and overall with the fear the opponent might win, there will be less wars happening around Orbis (which Alex wants the opposite to happen( By new war changes which are decreasing the value of fortifying)). But if you find this as a problem I recommend sleeping on a military and log in just before you go to sleep to discourage wars being declared.

On 2/28/2018 at 4:08 AM, Keelan Kyle said:

sounds like a great idea, Or you could enter a sleep mode which last 8 hours, which will prevent your nation from being attacked, but your resource production could drop by 50% while in sleep mode, and sleep mode could only be activated every 16 hours. 8+16=24 hours. Still like your idea too, just if you did that, even if you were online your wars would be altered, and could prevent the attacker from gaining ground control at all and could cause them to be countered easier

Unique idea but if you want to attack someone in a completely different timezone you would have to go online earlier then usual or later to catch him off sleep mode. Most of the people who play the game are living in the North America region, while I live in Europe they can easily catch me off guard as I will typically be offline by the time they are active but Vice Versa when I am declaring wars. So overall, people like me will heavily struggle finding people to attack as they would all be in "sleep mode".

?

Just to add- If you are on the test server turns happens every 30 minutes compared to 2 hours thus meaning that you can win a whole war in around half a day which can really take the opponent by surprise.

?

49 minutes ago, Haris said:

Nice idea, however there will be LOTS of complaints by Arrgh, as it will be easier to turn around wars in a day and overall with the fear the opponent might win, there will be less wars happening around Orbis (which Alex wants the opposite to happen( By new war changes which are decreasing the value of fortifying)). But if you find this as a problem I recommend sleeping on a military and log in just before you go to sleep to discourage wars being declared.

Well, the thing is that even if you have a military, even a maximized one, you can get pounced by 3 nations at once and if they also have max military then you're bound to lose control on several fronts right off the bat.

And yeah, this idea would make it harder for Arrgh, but no individual playstyle should be prioritized over maintaining and enabling a balanced and fun competitive environment. It'd hurt my own playstyle and strategy quite badly, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for the sake of a good, balanced game. (Also Arrgh can and would adapt their strategies to compensate for the shift; they'd have a much easier time hiding their loot for example)