New Resource

Keelan Kyle

We could add lumber to the game as a resource, It could be like food, meaning when you set up a lumber mill you can produce 1 ton per day per 1000 land (the reason this is so low is because of its use, which I will talk about next) you could have up to 3 lumber mills per city. and lumber could be on all continents, but maybe more plentiful on some than on others, like how south america has more trees so obviously would produce most lumber, so maybe like 1.5 tons per day per 1000 land, and australia which I assume has the least amount of trees would only produce like .5 tons per day per 1000 land. Lumber could be used as infra. 1 ton of lumber could equal 1 infra, or maybe 10 tons could equal 1 infra, or something like that, making it valuable in that sense, but also you could make fortifying in wars a little better by allowing people to build walls in military, maybe 1 ton per wall and every 10 walls equals 1 resistance added during a fortify, up to like 25 or something. This is a rough draft, please add any suggestions, or just post your thoughts on the subject... Update: we could also add a premium refined resource such as titanium, which can be used to create things like more efficient air force planes. so we could add a second tier of military, soldiers, and special ops, special ops could cost more and maybe some steel for weapons, but are more effective, also could maybe take up the same space as 2 soldiers. Tanks, and (Enter the name of a really powerful tank here) really powerfull tank could cost more steel, or maybe some sort of premium version of lead, like maybe kevlar could me a premium refined resource from lead. jets, and B-52s B-52s could cost more and use titanium which is refined steel, or maybe used when you refine steel and alluminum, you get titanium, or something of this sort. Private investigators, and spies, Private investigators are cheaper, but less effective. and I'm still about the wood Idea too, maybe wood could be refined into charcoal using coal and wood, and it would burn cleaner than coal, and reduce pollution. another idea for a refinement of wood would be paper, maybe for 100 paper, per day early you want to change your domestic or war policyyou can. so if I wanted to change war policy, and I had changed it two days earlier, I could change it for 300 paper. Just a bunch of ideas, please consider, and discuss the good and bad about my idea(s)

Edited by Keelan Kyle
  • Upvote 4

Alex has been working so that all the resources are equal on the game.

14 hours ago, Keelan Kyle said:

1 ton per day per 1000 land (the reason this is so low is because of its use, which I will talk about next)

So saying that price of this wood would be so high means that it inst equal

1 ton of lumber could equal 1 infra,

I don`t think any resources will ever get converted into infra as for higher players it would be too easy to buy infra in bulk when otherwise it would be expensive. High up infra costs millions so this will definitely be over used.

or maybe 10 tons could equal 1 infra, or something like that, making it valuable in that sense, but also you could make fortifying in wars a little better by allowing people to build walls in military

So i thought it was very valuable, this will just weaken the value.

premium refined resource such as titanium, which can be used to create things like more efficient air force planes. so we could add a second tier of military, soldiers, and special ops, special ops could cost more and maybe some steel for weapons

Nice idea but which continent can mine the recourse as, so far all the resources are even and be collected from certain continents except from food which can be collected from all continents.

Overall, unique ideas but before it could be considered to be implemented in the game it needs to be thought how it could be added fairly without error and no one would be able to take to much on an advantage from it

Edited by Haris
  • Upvote 1

?

3 hours ago, Keelan Kyle said:

@Sir Scarfalot Premium resources will not cost irl money, instead you will make a factory that uses steel and alluminum to produce titanium, much like how a steel factory uses coal and iron to make steel.

That's... not how titanium works; it's a chemical element. You can't produce it in a factory, you can only refine the titanium that already exists in stuff into more useful forms.

What you're thinking of is composites

• Upvote 1

Finally, every type of improvement has 4 buildings available and this would only ever be added if there becomes a large increase of players overtime create a general need for new buildings as the current ones are over used creating a low value because of competition in the resources  we currently had.

For Example:

1. There are currently 50 nations who make their majority of their income by selling Coal.
  2. A increase of players happens in a years time.
  3. The will be a lot more large nations who would be selling coal creating too much competition in the market so the price drops.
  4. A new resource would have to be added so the coal producing nations can move over and produce another resource.

However there would still be a high demand for coal but not as much as before

?

• 10 months later...