Joint Declaration of War on Arrgh!

QueenPhoenix

All this shows is that @TheCreepyLurker and @Kayser ain't about dat lyfe. I feel really bad for @Micchan and @Smith because they are trying to defend weak leaders that have no fricking clue what they are doing. Calling out titans when they can't hang with da best. @Lordship better miss me with dat bullshit and get his ass back in leadership so we can get dat HegeMoney/Syndisphere gang gang bullshit rollin up again.

• Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

3 minutes ago, Zaksaeling said:

I think the big problem here was the god awful timing. It isn't like Arrgh is going anywhere. Why not wait until after TJest blows over to go crusading? You guys had to know the timing would look suspicious. 

If @Smith, @Kayser, @TheCreepyLurker wasn't out here bullshittin, we wouldn't be in this predicament rn and we would all be !@#$ slapping Zodiac and Cornerstone every 6 months.

• Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

I just wish people would stop treating Arrgh as a real alliance. Don't dignify them with a formal OWF post.

Just mass raid them back and if you are lucky, they post for you on Owf ;)

Also, why even hit Arrgh massively, low infra is for real men....

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

On 20. 02. 2018. at 3:37 AM, Verin said:

i've apparently hit my rep limit for today and it saddens me, @Ogaden remind me to up vote some more of your stuff tomorrow mkay

I've hit that limit 20 comments prior to the one you wanted to like :P

Perosnal note: Reached like limit (again) at page 6. Will return to dish out lieks again.

Edited by DragonK
Keeping track of posts i wanted to like but couldn't casue I'm not that rich with love
  • Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

On 20. 02. 2018. at 5:00 AM, Kayser said:

Some time ago, The Knights Radiant made an announcement in the midst of a whirlwind of political change on Orbis. We wanted to make clear our disapproval with the way that politics had progressed up until that point, with two mega spheres both occupying their own respective tiers of strength with little to no overlap. Such a structure made wars less likely and politics almost useless in the face of hyper-consolidated spheres. To that end, we set about attempting to do away with that structure. 

Our attempts take us up to the present day. We're still a ways away from our ideal Orbis but we're committed to working toward it daily. Relevant to this desire is the idea of working with anyone, historical friend or foe, to work toward this goal. We can't be content to sit in our own old clique of alliances and be content. Being dynamic means reaching across the aisle and taking chances when it makes sense for you to.

Recently, we were approached with an idea of tackling some pirates. Specifically, we were approached by a few alliances who have historically been opposed to TKR or the sphere we occupied. What sort of dynamic alliance would we be if we passed up this opportunity to work with them?

We didn't need the other signatories in order to carry out this war from a military perspective. That's not the point. We wanted to add to the precedent of non treatied alliances with a common goal coming together in pursuit of that goal. That historical enemies can come together in pursuit of a common goal. That we are an alliance of our word and our publicly stated direction and desire is not shallow. That we will continue to pursue that direction and our rhetoric is to be taken at face value.

This is not the culmination of our labors, but it is an important incremental step. 

So here we are. This isn't about fighting a historical menace in Arrgh, it's about living up to our word. 

That and blue balls, jeez, its been like 9 months or something. Finally. 

On 20. 02. 2018. at 7:05 AM, The God Emperor of Mankind said:

My wayward children,

Orbis has been stale for some time now, the 'two side dynamic' is not fun and has been rehashed ad-nausea at this point. TKR has proven beyond all doubt that it trying to change this, and I hope people on both sides can realize this and come together as not to squander this effort. It is understandable that people doubt or feel disadvantaged at the prospect of major political upheaval though, it really is. Alliance leaders tend to assume everyone they don't like is working against them and then pat themselves on the back for being a genius hah(In all fairness, they are usually correct XD). Let's rise above this and make the game better.

Meh. So you avoid falling into old habbits, by falling into old habbits? Great. If I had to name an alliance that attempted to change the game and make it a bit interesting, well let's say alliances like Sparta or Hogwarts come to my mind. They simply found a worthy opponent that they had a realistic chance to beat, calulated the risks and potential chaining. And went with it. So, completley opposite of what you are doing yet again here. If only more alliances followed their example. And I see a couple alliances fighting the good fight, and following that example, such as IOM and AO. They, just like us, are single alliances, with realtively to absolutely no paper ties to major backers, fighting entire spheres. It reminds me of good old days when game was much simpler and almost fun to play. Too bad you guys killed it. Too bad Sheepy went with your whinning and made this game into such stale boring thing it is today, that attacking a pretty much zero'd out alliance by 4 alliance is called "progressive" "dynamic" and "interesting develpoment".

• Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

On 20. 02. 2018. at 8:01 AM, Kriegskoenig said:

And this is the most succinct explanation.  This is more about building trust and bridges than it is about rolling Arrgh.  In fact, Polaris alone could have rolled all of Arrgh's members who were not on beige, with the possible exception of Bluebear.  It wouldn't be the first time, either.  We did it very successfully once before, until Arrgh went and got TEst to come bail them out.  TEst is gone now.  Partisan's Final Joke is not half the dragon that TEst was, and they seem to be willing to keep out of this.

The reality is that Orbis has been severely divided into completely separate spheres of influence for too long.  Mass quantities of treaties WERE preventing movement.  There has been an attitude of complete distrust or hatred, although arguably irrational, toward members of another bloc simply because of who their allies were, and because of old grudges.  People change.  Alliances change.  If your alliance lives long enough, you will see your brothers become your enemies, and your enemies become your brothers.  Those with whom you've warred to the death turn out to be real people with morals and ethics, and real reasons for their actions.

We should all be open to learning about each other, supporting goals and morals we can agree upon, and respecting each other even when our disagreements lead to war.  I will admit that I am not immune to shortsightedness and suspicion, or treating historical enemies as permanent ones.  I am not a saint.  I ask only that you hear my words and judge for yourselves.

We have taken the step of trusting another alliance's word--one that has been a historical enemy--that their buildup was in fact for a joint project.  Could TKR have hit and rolled Polaris with their buildup?  Quite possibly.  And I am willing to admit having MDPs to rely on does make that trust easier for me personally.  But I would not see us refuse the hand of friendship in a small matter when it is offered as a gesture of brotherhood against a common aggressor.  Perhaps small issues may be resolved by other means than war.  Perhaps we should have allies, not based on who is going to help us attack and defeat those alliances we see as our rivals, but based on common beliefs and core principles.

War will never end whether on Earth, or in Orbis.  But it need not be sought for petty causes.  There is always a cost to war, and the efforts should be spent well.  I will always prefer the just war against a transgressor to any war of conquest or dominance.  Your view of what a transgressor is may differ, as Arrgh's does from ours.  In that case, we may one day stand on opposite sides of the battlefield.

I merely ask that we be rational beings, and at least learn who they are that we are told are the enemy, and decide for ourselves.

6 Hours ago, Bourhann said: I don't even know who you are.

Perhaps you could change that.  Feel free to chat me up!  You'll find I have no irrational hatred of you, and that I am quite willing to hear all about your ethics and ideals.

Weird. I remember rolling Polaris before that. They had a loudmouth who was brave enough to come to Arrgh server and diss pirates. Luckily for him he was way below my war range. Unluckily for him Polaris govermen't wasn't. I don't think blitz even started properly when Polaris surrendered and accepted my terms to beat the shit out of that guy.

Then some 3 months passed, and I heard SK was organizing some sort of joint action against Arrgh. So I persuaded 3 participants it was against their interest to go agaisnt us while rolling SK. And all of that after another big mass raid we barely recovered from. Then Polaris, for reasons unkown to me, tought that attacking Arrgh while we were preempting an all out assault against us would not be met by our most trusted allys. I mean even if we weren't having joint actiosn beforehand, you'd surely realize how it looks when a block attacks a single alliance? Right? Isin't it common sense for those paperless alliances, to drop whatever disagreements they have and unite against bigger oppponents? I had good allys in both RW and TEst, but they were hardly the only ones willing tho help us out. But unlike some people, I can exercise restraint, and prevent massive gangbangs against undeserving opponents.

But I digress, fond memorys of past get me talking easily.

Yes game is stale, and this is not making it any better. After almost a year of not doing anything worthwhile, you do something completely irrelevant and blow it out of proportions, so you feel you've acomplished something, when in reality you haven't acomplished anything, and then you fortify and brace yourself, for another year of doing nothing?

• Upvote 4

tvPWtuA.gif

On 20. 02. 2018. at 3:39 PM, Haris said:

4 Alliances of around 250 people together are destroying an alliance of 60 people, I never believed that would of happened

Meh, we've had worse, check the "Paperss please" for instance. And "Purple Spy War". We've used to it. Being the "bad guys" gets you that attention. Also makes for top quality shitposting while attacking the attackers's morale, ego, pride and anything to do with selfesteem :D

• Upvote 3

tvPWtuA.gif

On 2/20/2018 at 6:35 AM, FilipS said:

Why are there 4 alliances fighting pirates with no infrastructure? 

entirely a shitass waste 

Underrated post. This guy gets it; pirates have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Meanwhile, every upkeep dollar, every munition spent, every gas burned, every missile eaten is just that much less for TKR etc. to have to use against someone else. Just because the cost is well affordable does not make it negligible; every pixel wasted is a pixel not spent on defense or growth.

And, well, you're really going to have to spend a lot of pixels to even inconvenience the likes of dedicated raiders.

• Upvote 6

My favourite part of any DoW thread against Arrgh is the repeated assurances that they do not care.

It's good to be reminded. As I'm sure we will be again.

• Upvote 3

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

7 hours ago, Sval said:

My favourite part of any DoW thread against Arrgh is the repeated assurances that they do not care.

It's good to be reminded. As I'm sure we will be again.

Will you make another ad about it

• Upvote 2

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Damn, that ad was amazing. It took me 20'' to realize it wasn't made from us. :(

Thanks. Available for hire. I'll give you a discount.

Edit: I'll just leave this here as a sort of resume, and archives.

tjarghad.gif

Edited by Krapuul
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Damn, that ad was amazing. It took me 20'' to realize it wasn't made from us. :(

I know you mean seconds, but I keep reading it as inches

• Upvote 5

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>