Ready for the worst kept secret of 2017-18?

Alexio15

50 minutes ago, DemonSpawn said:

LOL Will you finally screw off, and become less of an asshat?

it would be extremely painful...

1 hour ago, DemonSpawn said:

I’ll make you a deal, and here it is, in public for all to see.

Assassin Order will hit any alliance with you want, or provide counters for any alliance you hit, regardless of our current treaties. We will stay in the war until you peace out, and if we have to pay reps, we’ll split it even with the other alliances.

This doesn’t extend to hitting paperless alliances, or micros, because that’s too easy. But any alliance in the top 40 that has 2 treaties. This also doesn’t extend to hitting Assassin Order.

So now you have Bad Company, probably Dark Brotherhood, and AO. Only thing is you finally have to fight someone.

52 minutes ago, Hope said:

I mean Kastor has a point considering many people who were in R&R haven't even been in a war (meaning they had no killed/casualty stats at all)

Good luck though, may this bring some sort of change to the game...

VP too. RUM is mostly ex-Rag people who never fought either, but they’re not as old as the other 2 alliances.

• Upvote 4

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

7 minutes ago, Kastor said:

I’ll make you a deal, and here it is, in public for all to see.

Assassin Order will hit any alliance with you want, or provide counters for any alliance you hit, regardless of our current treaties. We will stay in the war until you peace out, and if we have to pay reps, we’ll split it even with the other alliances.

This doesn’t extend to hitting paperless alliances, or micros, because that’s too easy. But any alliance in the top 40 that has 2 treaties. This also doesn’t extend to hitting Assassin Order.

So now you have Bad Company, probably Dark Brotherhood, and AO. Only thing is you finally have to fight someone.

VP too. RUM is mostly ex-Rag people who never fought either, but they’re not as old as the other 2 alliances.

RUM literally had me and banned as ex ragnarok people. That's 2 people not mostly all as we had 25 members.

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

5 hours ago, DemonSpawn said:

Yeah, says probably one of the largest pixelhuggers in orbis. !@#$ off and fight, then you can !@#$ at Kastor. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Ryleh said:

Yeah, says probably one of the largest pixelhuggers in orbis. !@#$ off and fight, then you can !@#$ at Kastor. 

Checked his nation.He didnt fight, didnt build cities.What was he doing for 700 days?

7 hours ago, Buorhann said:

He did.  Twice, and they (Lordaeron) were arguably the biggest headache we had to deal with.

As for Assassin's Order, I'm waiting on that Templar killing...

Was referring to AO, yeah

• Upvote 1

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

Guest San Fortunado
On 1/1/2018 at 0:55 PM, Princess Kitty said:

Nah it's basically a bunch of bad cn players trying to be relevant like they once were.

Jk love you alexio and sojo.

Good luck, if your bank is good let me know now don't make me find out myself meowrrgh.

Nah thats us at Guinness

• Wiki Mod

Honestly, at least in concept this is a good idea. It'll still probably implode from failure of execution though.

• Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

I only have 2 points.

1.) The alliances that merged isn't at random. They were all allied and in the same bloc. Typically mergers don't work because the communities don't mesh well, but the communities that merged had been together for a while. It night not work out, but at least it has a stronger basis than most mergers.

And 

2.) Micros typically don't fight in wars because their job is to grow to get enough clout that they can actually aid their allies. Additionally, they limit their ties to again, develop their clout and strength until they can actually utilize it. Micros that jump into a war willy nilly like a noob have a tendency to dissolve very quickly. Its one thing to give a large alliance crap for war dodging. Giving crap to a micro is just sad.

Anyways, looking forward to the future. o7 us

Edited by Spectral
  • Upvote 3

• Wiki Mod
20 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

it just comes down to leadership, if its good, it should work, if its bad, its doom to failure.

This is true and the main basis for my statement. I don't know the actually people involved so I can only speak based on general outcomes. And really the most common outcome in micro mergers is that the various leaders can't/won't work together and the whole thing implodes.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Meh, you can be a micro and fight, just look at Hate Machine. At the end of the day there's always a way you can have an alliance war on a regular basis. It comes down to your will to fight, and Kastor and Hope are right in this situation. I look at several nations in this new alliance (former R&R members are the best example), and numbers don't lie.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=48064

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=28465

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=48385

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=28314

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=30201

No shame in being a pixel hugger, and that's what for instance these 5 nations are (they barely have any war stats and they're all fairly old, so they've had a lot of time to fight). I mean even individually you can still fight a lot if you want to.

I have no personal beef with anyone in this game. But GPA were warmongers compared to this sort of alliances and unlike them they got shat on constantly. They were just not as smart and didn't sign treaties that allowed them to pixel hug uninterruptedly. Ultimately it's our fault for not bringing war to them, since burning pixels ain't clearly their thing.

Props for managing to remain untouched for so long, and above all not having a pixel hugger / war dodger rep like GPA had. Good luck with this new alliance, may you experience the joy of war some day! :)

• Upvote 1

I don't disagree that micros can fight consistently, but in most cases those who do are too broke to really function as an alliance. It worked out for arrgh and Typhoon, but it rarely works for many alliances.

Having said that, those who know the people in this alliance, from other words or even just other alliances, know that well defend our allies regardless of whether it'll turn out well for us. I understand your point, but I personally believe the norm is far from it.

6 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

No shame in being a pixel hugger

source.gif

5 hours ago, Spectral said:

I don't disagree that micros can fight consistently, but in most cases those who do are too broke to really function as an alliance. It worked out for arrgh and Typhoon, but it rarely works for many alliances.

Having said that, those who know the people in this alliance, from other words or even just other alliances, know that well defend our allies regardless of whether it'll turn out well for us. I understand your point, but I personally believe the norm is far from it.

You'd be right in terms of the usual military philosophy, where the objectives are, in order: 1. gain resources, 2. avoid losing resources, 3. destroy enemy resources, 4. avoid allowing enemies to gain resources.

However, this philosophy is flawed. It leads directly into the behaviors of consolidation, paper, and war avoidance. A better, and much more fun, philosophy is to go for these objectives, in order: 1. avoid allowing enemies to gain resources, 2. destroy enemy resources, 3. gain resources, 4. avoid losing resources.

Guerrilla combat a la Arrgh or DoO can and does cost the alliances they target, and it certainly destroys their stuff, all while being perfectly sustainable off their own loot to pad your warchest. Stop thinking of beige or infrastructure loss as being the end, and think of how to not merely recover, but play those advantages to the hilt. Now, guerilla warfare may not bring enemy alliances into the red, but what matters is opportunity cost: every dollar spent rebuilding infrastructure or steel spent on a tank is a dollar not spent on growth or a steel spent fighting another rival alliance. Grudge matches cost both sides, which works to the weaker forces' favor.

• Upvote 1