Politics and War Awards 2017- Winners!

Bezzers

Greetings all, it's the 21st of December and as promised, the awards will now be given in the order the polls were released in.

Player voting categories

Player of the year: Roquentin

Most Powerful Player: Roquentin

Best Alliance Leader: Seeker

Most Controversial Player: Curufinwe

Best Player Signature: Eva-Beatrice

Best Player Avatar: Jack3top

Best OOC poster: Zeebrus

Best in Character Poster: TheNG

Nicest Player: Rache

Funniest Player: Sval

Most Active Player: Who Me

Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness: Aerys Targaryen 

Best new addition to the community: Thantos! It would also be unfair to miss out on Ripper who came very close, a mere 0.3% off of the win

Alliance Voting Categories

Alliance of the year: New Pacific Order

Most Powerful Alliance: New Pacific Order

Best Military: Black Knights

Best Rookie Alliance: Cerberus 

Best Flag: Guardians of the Galaxy

Best War Flag: Polaris

Most Active Alliance: Black Knights

Most Honourable Alliance: Cornerstone

Most Improved Alliance: Guardians of the Galaxy

Best Diplomatic team: Black Knights

Best Economic System: Zodiac

Best Recruiting Staff: Zodiac

Best Propaganda Staff: Black Knights

Best Alliance Growth: New Pacific Order

Best Forums: Black Knights

Alliance Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2018: Acadia

Most Immoral Alliance: Arrgh!

Most Controversial Alliance: Iron Guard

Best Alliance for New Players: Zodiac

Most Missed Alliance for 2017: Mensa HQ 

Part two will come later this evening folks, so keep your eyes peeled!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

Congratulations to all the winners!

Join the Pantheon of Kings (it is not an alliance, more like a business for orbis-related services) today. 

The Pantheon of Kings is not an alliance. The aim of the PoK is to become the eBay of Orbis. 

Artists/Coders/Programmers/Lottery buyers are particularly welcomed

Our discord can be found at https://discord.gg/avNrwmY

37 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>tfw IQsphere dominates the voting and Mensa HQ is still the most missed alliance

I doubt anyone cared about it which is why most probably voted abstain. 

Edited by Lightning
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

IpHGyGc.png

Who's Thantos?

Anywho, congrats to jack3top on winning "Best Avatar". Dat avy is lit af, although I'm afraid it's plagiarism seen as several people have been using that avatar since way before him. So in all fairness guys like @Nexa should be considered joint winners.

Also congrats to Seeker on starting a huge dumpster fire and therefore logically winning "Best Alliance Leader". \o/

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

Who's Thantos?

Anywho, congrats to jack3top on winning "Best Avatar". Dat avy is lit af, although I'm afraid it's plagiarism seen as several people have been using that avatar since way before him. So in all fairness guys like @Nexa should be considered joint winners.

Also congrats to Seeker on starting a huge dumpster fire and therefore logically winning "Best Alliance Leader". \o/

Who are you again?

gog-forum-size-regs.png

Just now, Insert Name Here said:

Idk tbh, just someone who rolled you twice in Git Gud Friday. :*

Not sure bragging about rolling someone in a tier you owned is a good thing.  Not only that but one you needed people to help you out in :P

gog-forum-size-regs.png

10 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Not sure bragging about rolling someone in a tier you owned is a good thing.  Not only that but one you needed people to help you out in :P

Not bragging fam, just stating facts. It was your incompetent side's fault for pissing away pretty much every advantage they had at the start of that war. And for the 1st one I did need help, true. Then again I had 14 cities, you had 15, the guy who had already DoWd me had 19 and then a 12 city nation also DoWd me. Not sure how I should have been able to compete without a bit of help. :P

The 1st round was actually interesting. You and the NPO guy almost got my aircraft to 0 and it was this one counter on the NPO guy that ended up saving me, since you had been countered earlier by dat bish @Flame of the Flawed :wub:.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Not bragging fam, just stating facts. It was your incompetent side's fault for pissing away pretty much every advantage they had at the start of that war. And for the 1st one I did need help, true. Then again I had 14 cities, you had 15, the guy who had already DoWd me had 19 and then a 12 city nation also DoWd me. Not sure how I should have been able to compete without a bit of help. :P

The 1st round was actually interesting. You and the NPO guy almost got my aircraft to 0 and it was this one counter on the NPO guy that ended up saving me, since you had been countered earlier by dat bish @Flame of the Flawed :wub:.

Nice fall back fam.  I agree though, it was interesting and fun.  I just don't appreciate the narrative aforementioned however.  You are correct, I had 15 cities and couldn't maximize because of the down declares so they hardly mattered in this aspect..  IMO you show respect to the people you fight but that obviously doesn't apply to everyone. 

gog-forum-size-regs.png

9 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Nice fall back fam.  I agree though, it was interesting and fun.  I just don't appreciate the narrative aforementioned however.  You are correct, I had 15 cities and couldn't maximize because of the down declares so they hardly mattered in this aspect..  IMO you show respect to the people you fight but that obviously doesn't apply to everyone. 

Meh, I wanted to reply in kind to your reply to my post. :D I actually have respect for good fighters I warred with (you are one of them). But trolling is part of the game and boy do I love trolling... :3 

EDIT: you and the NPO guy had the right tactic. I was already down in terms of aircraft and you just kept dogfight airstriking me (and at one point airstriking my tanks). The 2nd round you couldn't do anything - I decom double bought, like I did every 2 days in the last stage of that war just to hit people with high-ish aircraft count. That's why the old dynamic (1 sphere owning the lower tier and the other one owning the upper tier) was shit.

• Like 1

Not that I'm upset with the results..... But I'm actually upset at the results. This award show is more skewed than the American elections. Damn you mother Russia. 

• Upvote 2

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

2 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Meh, I wanted to reply in kind to your reply to my post. :D I actually have respect for good fighters I warred with (you are one of them). But trolling is part of the game and boy do I love trolling... :3 

EDIT: you and the NPO guy had the right tactic. I was already down in terms of aircraft and you just kept dogfight airstriking me (and at one point airstriking my tanks).

I don't have a problem with trolling, I have a problem with propagating inaccurate points just to troll.  It doesn't add value but it does devalue reality.  It was fun regardless which I believe is supposed to be the point :P

Just now, Johnny Costello said:

Not that I'm upset with the results..... But I'm actually upset at the results. This award show is more skewed than the American elections. Damn you mother Russia. 

Where were you the past results?  Or is it due to being popular to be upset on the OWF?  

gog-forum-size-regs.png

On 12/21/2017 at 6:16 PM, Seeker said:

I don't have a problem with trolling, I have a problem with propagating inaccurate points just to troll.  It doesn't add value but it does devalue reality.  It was fun regardless which I believe is supposed to be the point :P

Meh, we'll have to agree to disagree on the accuracy but who cares... You probably missed the last part of my edit but that doesn't matter either. Tbh you'd be looking like a genius right now if your move with the t$ treaty had worked. I obviously didn't like it because I was in t$ at the time but it's a game and at the end of the day you gotta do whatever you can in order to win. It was out-of-the-box so I won't deny it was interesting.

And OOC wise I find you p chill - you take trolling lightheartedly and those are the best people to troll. :P Thus why I like @Zed so much, since dat !@#$ and me were always trolling the shit out of each other.

EDIT: apparently "kittens" is censored...

Edited by G'Kar
filter bypass