• No
  2. 2. Destroy Orbis, rewrite the consent rule, tech and military levels

• yes
    • No
  3. 3. Create a Stronger UN with special powers

• Yes
    • No

• Moderators

@Mogar Asked me to create this poll. Please vote.

• Upvote 2

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

• Moderators

Can someone reply(Nobody in the Moderation Team kthx). 

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]

• Moderators
Just now, Prince Hunter of Bavaria said:

I mean I'd love to be on the moderation team :P 

Yes we can write. Idk if you wanted to lock it or something

No I want y'all to be able to reply if you have any suggestions or anything concerning this vote

giphy.gif

Thanks Erin, I can reply now! :D

I had some suggestions for NatRP, in my personal opinion, the NatRP has way to many rules and threads and bleh! Some of my complaints are massive countries and colonization (I dont play NatRP cause I want Japan not some other place); people being cry babies about "consent" about war and having "consent sign up" double bleh! and the billion rules and how it is all presented is very confusing! I have some suggestions to change these.

1) Ban colonizing more territory on map. Massive nations like HBE I think stop others from wanting to play on map, and this other nation Armenia? is taking up a ton of space in Asia and is ridiculous. I know nations want to RP as a superpower and I have a suggestion for that, but the current set up where there are these big nations and not even on the consent sign up page is asinine.

In order to fix this I think we could set up a new system.

a) Nations upon signing up for the NatRP map choose 6-10 contiguous core territory. These territories CANNOT be declared war on or RP by anyone else other than the owner unless they agree in PMs. This way we can remove the consent sign up system which I think is a failure. So if a nation wants to RP in peace mode they can do so with no worries. If someone breaks the rules we can forward to moderator. However how will big nations exist if they can only have 6-10? core territory max (and you cannot have any more ever)

b )tributaries, these are territories that exist outside your core nation and can be declared war on by anyone else in the RP. So if Britannia claims all of USA as a tributary and his core territory is Texas, then I can claim his non-core tributary territory for my own (6-10 like everyone else) if I dont already have a nation on map. A rule would be if I steal someone elses tributaries then I have to RP it some way. Does not need to be war, it can be diplomatic or purchased or whatever but there needs to be an RP post for the claim to be accepted. I think this way will scrap some of the rules and consent and encourage smaller nations, bigger nations will have to RP to defend their territory. So say Britannia (sorry Lelouch :P) has all of USA and I claim Washington, I can only claim 6-10 core territory, Britannia cannot get these back, however I can also RP to steal HBEs tributaries and make them my own tributaries. The only way to do this is through war or diplomacy through RP with both sides. So no massive revolution where Lelouch loses everything, it will have to be a legit war or something. If HBE claims these in the first place he is giving his consent for war. I think this way more people can join on the map and play the countries they want and people can war or be peaceful.

c) Vassals, since you can only have a max of 6-10? core territory if I and Lelouch agree to RP to conquer his core territory of Texas I cannot annex him but he becomes a vassal. This way people can RP to be conquered if they want. If he becomes a vassal obviously I have given my consent for him to war against me in the future. this prevent people from acquiring too much core territory and effectively being invincible if they are not on consent sign up.

These are just my ideas I wanted to ask you guys. I am very interested in playing NatRP again however I am not interested in consent sign up or playing as a non-Japan nation. I am aware Japan is more than 10 territory but I can live with it. I will claim the rest as tributaries if I can and you are welcome to try and take it form me! What do you guys think?

On the map maybe we can have it so a deep color is core and a lighter is tributary?

I voted for UN special powers but I honestly dont even know what the UN is in NatRP but the idea sounds cool.

Edit: We could also have a max for tributaries that can be claimed in a day or something but that can be determined for what is best for NatRP and to prevent trolls. Since the claims have to be on map thread I dont think this will be an issue.

Edited by Mayor
  • Upvote 1

Just being honest this vote is quite a big step as it is without trying to completely bend over and screw everything. 

For a further explanation, being the two largest rped militaries Mogar and I have been trying for some time to get rid of consent. However the UN would essentially be an entity that would decide IC whether a CB is valid, obviously it'd be put to a vote but this allows for some IC explanation as to why some wars would be allowed and other wouldn't be.

As for exploding the planet as the second vote suggests. We would essentially "restart" the rp. Everyone would start on equal footing in terms of military but things would be limited so that their aren't militaries like mine and mogars who could single handedly take on the planet. 

And finally the map restart would allow anyone already on the current map first dibs on their lands, but the start number was agreed to be 75 and for nations such as Umbrella and Britannia who have colonies they've kept since the dawn of time they would be able to keep those if they did not want to change their nation. This also helps with the bordergore you see in Asia and Europe. 

As for the other ideas you proposed, I'm not touching that with 100 ft pole. However if mogar has anything missed or corrections to what I've explained it might help a bit more

#WALDOASF SIGGIF.gif.fbe87157f6507ae8c6df0ee1d66bd3b1.gif

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21921-rules-for-organic-rp/

[My proposed rules] 

5 hours ago, Mayor said:

SNIP

Ban colonizing more territory on map.   

I personally think Colonization should be allowed, it creates a network of RP and allows sustainable possibilities in RP. Where I think Colonization falls short is actual colonization, pixel-hugging is the current status of colonization. Colonies should be role-played as territory that is beyond the homeland of central location of a state. I.e if I am France, anything outside of France/Europe is considered my colony or whatever terminology. Colonies contain different ethnic groups, linguistics, cultures, and peoples. I think colonies should have happiness levels, have loyalty levels, and resource/population benefits. I.e if I own India, I can reap the benefits of natural resources, but must develop India to create closer relations between the homeland and India. Early on, Colonies should be much more seseptible to rebellions and other mal practices while the longer a colony is on development the more closer it gets and more loyal it gets. 

UN 

The UN SC on Organic RP would player-lead like NATRP, THE UN SC is a body of select states that basically operate as the UN of today. The UN SC votes on issues, debates them, and intervenes on them. I.e if Japan attacks France for basically being France the UN SC would intervene, on the flip the UN would remain neutral if a valid CB is provides like France colonizing Koyoto or so.

4 hours ago, Barry Allen said:

SNIP

Indeed this is a big step, however I believe should establish clear rules that give people the tools and let them out into a sandbox to play around. I think moving the map and RP to Organic RP opens a lot of space, keeps both sides of players content and no one has to leave because they don’t have time or energy for a more hardcore RP.

• Upvote 1

@Bavaria

You are talking more about RP where I was talking about mechanics. You could easily do everything you want with colonies with my stated plan. Tributaries is just a name I came up with, you could call them colonies or whatever you wanted, the only thing that matters is that they can be invaded by other players. Thanks for the answer though!

Edited by Mayor

5 hours ago, Barry Allen said:

Just being honest this vote is quite a big step as it is without trying to completely bend over and screw everything. 

For a further explanation, being the two largest rped militaries Mogar and I have been trying for some time to get rid of consent. However the UN would essentially be an entity that would decide IC whether a CB is valid, obviously it'd be put to a vote but this allows for some IC explanation as to why some wars would be allowed and other wouldn't be.

As for exploding the planet as the second vote suggests. We would essentially "restart" the rp. Everyone would start on equal footing in terms of military but things would be limited so that their aren't militaries like mine and mogars who could single handedly take on the planet. 

And finally the map restart would allow anyone already on the current map first dibs on their lands, but the start number was agreed to be 75 and for nations such as Umbrella and Britannia who have colonies they've kept since the dawn of time they would be able to keep those if they did not want to change their nation. This also helps with the bordergore you see in Asia and Europe. 

As for the other ideas you proposed, I'm not touching that with 100 ft pole. However if mogar has anything missed or corrections to what I've explained it might help a bit more

Basically what I get from this is you just want to reset the map and change nothing? If that would be the case I would just ignore the map entirely as I have done so far. Under the current rules I really don't even see the point of the RP map other than to look pretty.

2 hours ago, Mayor said:

Basically what I get from this is you just want to reset the map and change nothing? If that would be the case I would just ignore the map entirely as I have done so far. Under the current rules I really don't even see the point of the RP map other than to look pretty.

You obviously missed the part in my post where I mentioned we would be getting rid of consent. However I'm also not going to cater to your ideas, that change the entire rp, all because you want Japan. Not to mention it's been quite sometime since NatRP made a move this big and to be as blunt as possible. If you want to help decide the future you should actually rp.

That's why I was actually going to suggest to @Erin Brockovich that we only look at the votes of those who are on the rp map, because after all this affects us and only us so I don't see why someone not even rping should be able to decide our future.

• Downvote 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Barry Allen said:

That's why I was actually going to suggest to @Erin Brockovich that we only look at the votes of those who are on the rp map, because after all this affects us and only us so I don't see why someone not even rping should be able to decide our future.

As much as I agree with this the National Affairs subforums doesn't require you to be on the map to RP your nation. Some players don't want to be on the map but still want to RP their In-Game nation, and I am not going to forbid them doing so on National Affairs.

The Organic RP subforums I would be more incline to make it a requirement to be on the map due to that subforums being for strictly RPing your RP nation, not your in-game nation(even then IN NatRP you don't have to RP your in-game nation, but National Affairs is open to players who simply want to RP events from their in-game nation.)

Of course, this is the players RP so I will not make decisions without player inputs from hereforth and I am planning to create a group of some sort that will advise me on decisions. I know similar tries of this has failed in the past but I will find a way to make this work because ultimately, I am here to make sure you enjoy your RP experience and I have made mistakes in the past by trying the go alone attempt. Once I figure out who I want on the team, you will receive a message to be invited into the team. However I will not disclose the names I choose.

• Upvote 2

giphy.gif

See I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that all of these changes are for those explicitly on the map. Like the map reset, the UN, I don't mind other people voting but they should be in the actual to they are voting for.

5 hours ago, Barry Allen said:

You obviously missed the part in my post where I mentioned we would be getting rid of consent. However I'm also not going to cater to your ideas, that change the entire rp, all because you want Japan. Not to mention it's been quite sometime since NatRP made a move this big and to be as blunt as possible. If you want to help decide the future you should actually rp.

You entirely missed my point as well. I am not on the map because I want to RP Japan but cannot. So I offered ideas to maybe help the RP map to accept more players. You don't want to allow me to vote because I am not on the map. Kind of dumb if you ask me. How many other players wanted to RP their China nation or Greece only to see that it has already been claimed by a 150 province super-nation. And you mention in your post you clearly don't wasn't to change anything about that. You say you want to allow the big nations to stay and new nations to be able to claim up to 75 provinces. So from what I can see you don't even really want the map changed either.

Edit: I am also going to point out that nearly 75% of my account posts have been on National Affairs, so yes I do post here, I just stopped posting recently because I was not able to claim Japan fast enough after Eva told me it was available. I made a big post about where I claimed half of Japan, I made a deal with HBE for Tokyo, but the others decided they wanted all of Japan instead so I was warned for breaking consent and my RP thread locked. Since then I have not really posted since I just don't see the point of using the map if I can't be Japan. I just ignore the map and pretend the other nations claiming it don't exist. I think I am perfectly able to vote in this poll and give my ideas because I have even more posts in NatRP than you do, I have been in moderation circles to discuss NatRP many times with Four and others like Lelouch, and I think vote restricting is bad in general anyways. I just came here to post my idea because it seems others are dissatisfied with the map as well.

Edit2: 

The map is missing that I made but it shows Japan split into 2 pieces, the ultimatum was declined.

Also all my topics I have created are in NatRP, a lot of them were made when Calondia was on the map also.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/profile/1374-mayor/&do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

Edited by Mayor

I know very much who you are and I know you've been warned countless times for breaking rules so I don't really have much simpathy for you. And no one here has over 150 provinces in fact Lelouch and Kiel are the only two over 75, so you're wrong there. And no we shouldn't be forced to give up land simply because you don't get your way, and yes you should not vote unless you are on the map. That's similar to a non American voting in the election. You want to join the map and be recognized as anything other than noncanon be my guest but I don't feel someone who doesn't rp in our realm should be able to decide for it.

I think Y'all are missing the point, the rules are meant to be constructed with all input. If people not on the map for explicit reasons, i.e they feel the community is not welcoming, their lore is inapplicable, etc... have solutions or ideas to help the RP we should hear them out. There is no need to argue about Mayor. While I think if something you want is owned, you should find a new thing to do, that is a personal choice and one I think not any want to do. 

While it doesn't make sense for non-Americans to vote in American elections, foreign nations often voice opinions or non-Americans can voice their opinions as well. Or Mayor can go full Russia mode and hack the election :P 

• Upvote 2

I'm okay with the vote of I can get dibs on...

1) The land I have right now

2) Rest of Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Massachusetts

3) All of Iowa, Kentucky, Ohio, New Hampshire, Maine

4) Maybe Hawaii if Mogar gives it up

4 minutes ago, AwesomeNova said:

snip

Dude, stop thinking about land. 

You aren't here to get land, you are here to be constructive in the process of NATRP. Not to get territory, you should be invested in beyond the land. 

In the Organic RP if that is open by all means take it, but don't use this space to make claims which doesn't help anything. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prince Hunter of Bavaria said:

Dude, stop thinking about land. 

You aren't here to get land, you are here to be constructive in the process of NATRP. Not to get territory, you should be invested in beyond the land. 

In the Organic RP if that is open by all means take it, but don't use this space to make claims which doesn't help anything. 

Alright, jees don't lose yer shit.

Just now, AwesomeNova said:

Not losing my shit, I am pointing out something to you. Stop thinking about land right now, for all you know there will be another U.S there or someone will invade you. Don't make RP about land only, so before you go about someone losing their shit perhaps you should reconsider and think A CONSTRUCTIVE manner to find a solution or foster a better RP. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prince Hunter of Bavaria said:

Not losing my shit, I am pointing out something to you. Stop thinking about land right now, for all you know there will be another U.S there or someone will invade you. Don't make RP about land only, so before you go about someone losing their shit perhaps you should reconsider and think A CONSTRUCTIVE manner to find a solution or foster a better RP. 

Sorry, I was joking when I said this. Forgot the emojis and lol's:

5 minutes ago, AwesomeNova said:

I like the map reset as it allows inactive RP nations to be kicked out, but would like to suggest a higher priority for smaller nations just so they can have a chance to be close to a equal playing field.

• Upvote 1

I agree with restarting the map. However, it wouldn't be fair if new roleplayers and those who worked long and hard for expansion are given the same share. Why not have nations start with exactly the same amount of land they have on the last map? Also, last but not least, no limit/refresh on powers and tech, please. My army could obliterate the world but doesn't, because we would rather drink tea. At least let me defend myself from attacks done by nations with equal tech and military such as Mogar. Also, a strong UN is a no for me, sorry.

Edited by Cheonsa

mOMPUVF.jpg

8 hours ago, Cheonsa said:

I agree with restarting the map. However, it wouldn't be fair if new roleplayers and those who worked long and hard for expansion are given the same share. Why not have nations start with exactly the same amount of land they have on the last map? Also, last but not least, no limit/refresh on powers and tech, please. My army could obliterate the world but doesn't, because we would rather drink tea. At least let me defend myself from attacks done by nations with equal tech and military such as Mogar. Also, a strong UN is a no for me, sorry.

Actually it's all already been done, in Organic RP. Also everyone started with 75 provinces. Only Lelouch was over that limit and zafri/Kiel being close. As for the issue your brought with tech and military that's exactly the reason we have limits in organic. No one alone should have the ability to destroy the planet regardless of whether you will or not.