Welcome To Your Tape

hope

The lack of military is indeed questionable and I do hope Pantheon learned a lesson in this, but there's some folks helping out. Whether Pantheon trusts their bank only to themselves or allies is there choice.

This isn't the first time an alliance botched a bank holding though.  Certainly won't be the last.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

The lack of military is indeed questionable and I do hope Pantheon learned a lesson in this, but there's some folks helping out. Whether Pantheon trusts their bank only to themselves or allies is there choice.

This isn't the first time an alliance botched a bank holding though.  Certainly won't be the last.

The issue I see is that your allies are supposed to be your closest friends. Does Panth not trust TKR to return what they give them even though they've been treatied for a year and a half, or even Rose? Yet, Panth then requests TKR to do their counters for their botched safekeeping? Strange. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Hope said:

The issue I see is that your allies are supposed to be your closest friends. Does Panth not trust TKR to return what they give them even though they've been treatied for a year and a half, or even Rose? Yet, Panth then requests TKR to do their counters for their botched safekeeping? Strange. 

I mean, sure, but is it worthy to be condemned for?  Not in my opinion.  They can do with their resources as they see fit.

23 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

You're still looting a lot with Ground Attacks at that point.

Sure having full military is better

25 minutes ago, Hope said:

Nah they trust us, they probably just thought it was enough

4 hours ago, Hope said:

Pantheon didn't request counters, I sent them in as soon as I saw what was happening. Just because they didn't send us their whole bank doesn't mean they don't trust us :P

55 minutes ago, Anathema said:

I think it’s more the principle of reliance on one’s self than a lack of trust in their allies. 

Pantheon has made a mistake which can be divided into three phases:

1. The lack of proper minimum military requirements and/or enforcement of this policy

2. The admission of someone like ValhallaValkyrie into government

3. Failure to send the bank to a proper depository 

1: While I am sure Pantheon has MMR in regards to planes/ground, they apparently do not have an MMR set for ships, and/or are not sufficiently enforcing this policy sonar to prevent mishaps like these.

2: ValhallaValkyrie is one of those people who VM’d in Silent, and would optimally be disqualified from government positions, especially high government. 

3: Valkyrie did not possess a sufficient, well balanced military. For two, the nation has little war exp. For three, since Pantheons upper tier was being raided, it would have made sense to send the bank to one of their allies rather than a nation that could be targeted easily. (TKR would have been optimal if they allowed it)

Having said that, kudos to both TKR  and TCW to have had sent counters in without any prior request, counters that have by this point in time effectively saved Pantheons bank from being beiged in as great of an amount as it would have been.

Kudos to Guardian as well, wouldn't have worked without them helping out.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

Shifty, now Arrgh, why do we keep Pantheon around again?

From my experience with Pantheon, they were willing to fight at our request/need.  Even if there were a few who VM'd.

9 hours ago, Buorhann said:

From my experience with Pantheon, they were willing to fight at our request/need.  Even if there were a few who VM'd.

Your experience was different from mine when I was in t$ then.......

image.jpg1_zpszukhjtut.jpg

The Redneck Caliphate of Forrest's Critters

When Critters was in t$, Fist was in charge. I think that's probably where the disconnect is. In fairness to him, it's something we had a lot of headaches with. 

However, that was then and this is now. I mean, we just hit Pantheon a couple weeks ago, and Yui came out to beat on us personally. Anyone who doubts Pantheon's willingness to back their members or allies up is probably not paying attention.

• Upvote 5

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

• 3 weeks later...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3073

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3073&display=bank

https://imgur.com/a/PkEDb

Your spies discovered that Thundera has 60 spies, $895,842,451.40, 226,505.90 coal, 0.00 oil, 117,854.17 uranium, 0.00 lead, 68,660.44 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 221,955.84 gasoline, 298,084.67 munitions, 434,371.93 steel, 255,856.78 aluminum, and 247,171.85 food.

Edited by Hope

4 hours ago, Hope said:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3073

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=3073&display=bank

https://imgur.com/a/PkEDb

Your spies discovered that Thundera has 60 spies, $895,842,451.40, 226,505.90 coal, 0.00 oil, 117,854.17 uranium, 0.00 lead, 68,660.44 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 221,955.84 gasoline, 298,084.67 munitions, 434,371.93 steel, 255,856.78 aluminum, and 247,171.85 food.

That isn’t the bank.