• TKR
    • AO
    • Lodran
    • Cerberus
    • Black Knights
    • Rose
    • Arrgh

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

I like the approach but you have been baiting a reply for a while now.  I honestly don't think you have well thought out posts generally.  You are part of the status quo "circle jerk" that fails to actually provide meaningful arguments and trolls the forums.  I guess nobody should call that out though because that's being "butt hurt", right?

Like I have stated elsewhere, I never said that VE did good in Silent War quite the contrary really.  Judging an alliance based on events that occurred over a year ago with completely different government and members isn't reflective of the current alliance.  The correlation is non-existent to the alliance today thus it's a pretty bad argument in its entirety.  

WOw DudE wHY sO SalTy haHahA?

SouNDs lIkE YoU shOULd STop bEiNG BuTThuRt aNd GIT GUD LMAOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote 3

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:50 PM, Buorhann said:

Syndicate going paperless, iirc.  It was honestly a hard choice though, but that move (And Mensa disbanding) pretty much sealed the inevitable fate of EMC/Syndisphere and easily paved way for that sphere's rivals to take control by default.

I'd say it was our fault not to fully establish solid connections following our departure from the sphere's leadership.

But I'm also sorta reminiscing on the work that Partisan started and what others after continued, only to see it gone.

Still, it was really impressive what we pulled off together over the course of nearly 3 years.  Goes to show you what happens when people take risks and are willing to accept responsibility for any failures (There we're so many times we thought we'd fail if 'X' happened, but 'X' never happened).

Other options on there are either jaded/bias votes (UPN "vassalizing", what?), but Syndicate going paperless indirectly caused more issues than what you just see.

(Sidenote: Syndicate's move to paperless does go in line with Mensa's disbanding.)

It is all about perspective. If you think about it in terms of keeping the hegemoney together, then yes, it was a horrible diplomatic move. But clearly that wasn't our intent. We had pushed for a sphere split unsuccessfully, and it was in that spirit that we went paperless. If you view it from that perspective, it was actually a very successful move, in that within 3 months it has resulted in a sphere split as we desired, something that seemed unlikely if we had remained within Syndisphere. 

As for it resulting in the former Syndisphere's rivals taking control, certainly they are now by far the most powerful sphere, but I think we are about to enter a period of much higher FA activity which will give some new energy to the game. I don't think any sphere has taken control even if one is the clear strongest. When t$ left Paragon we weren't in a particularly strong position either, and we assumed we'd get rolled for it. You never know how things will end up. Hopefully it is fun ;)

Also, how could anyone say Treasure Island was the worst diplomatic move? And that was 2016 :P The glory that was Dongminion went into 2017 though. 

• Upvote 3

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

I agree with a lot of that.  I know why Syndicate did it and understand it, but it also left the other alliances in the sphere to either try to fill that void of a crucial centerpiece or collapse.  Which, if you recall in the back channels, is exactly what I stated would happen when we held a discussion about all of this earlier in the year.  And it happened, lol.

The reason why I claim it was the Worst Diplomatic move is that it forced the others to try and adapt quickly to it or break away.  Both of which, no matter what, would eventually give the rivaling sphere (IQ) a default strong point.

So it probably was best for the sphere to begin breaking a part for a fresh start, like you stated, but that still doesn't cover up the other (or any) frustrations the move had caused initially.

• Upvote 1

I can understand the reasonings for saying that. In a realpolitik sense it would have been better to keep things together and strategically keep that pre-emience even if it was the boring option. Perhaps it's the name of the category that makes me reluctant to fully want to agree with that statement. I think Syndicate definitely succeeded in what they were trying to do. The sphere did excellent despite initially being outnumbred and the hyperactivity of the time definitely helped the team pull some clutch victories despite the numbers on paper. But compared to some of the hilarious shit it stands against I couldn't vote for that.

Edited by Fanag
  • Upvote 1

v9DIVzo.png

On 11/12/2017 at 0:01 AM, Seeker said:

ApaReNTlY THe SyNdICaTe ARe sUcH A bAD aLLiAnCE ThEY GoT LIsTEd TWicE.

Yeah, you're an idiot and the statistics don't even back your moronic claims.  Unless you want to grave dig wars but we can do that on anyone.

Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

bw0643E.gif

17 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I agree with a lot of that.  I know why Syndicate did it and understand it, but it also left the other alliances in the sphere to either try to fill that void of a crucial centerpiece or collapse.  Which, if you recall in the back channels, is exactly what I stated would happen when we held a discussion about all of this earlier in the year.  And it happened, lol.

The reason why I claim it was the Worst Diplomatic move is that it forced the others to try and adapt quickly to it or break away.  Both of which, no matter what, would eventually give the rivaling sphere (IQ) a default strong point.

So it probably was best for the sphere to begin breaking a part for a fresh start, like you stated, but that still doesn't cover up the other (or any) frustrations the move had caused initially.

We thought it would happen as well; our disagree is more just on whether it is bad or not. ;) My prediction internally to t$ gov from the beginning was that I believed if we left a behemoth alliance structure that we were the center of, and laid low FA-wise and let the self-evident stagnation further settle in, that change would inevitably come to what became known as EMC. I never thought EMC would be a long-lived entity. I certainly could have been wrong, but Mensa's disbandment then only increased my confidence in that more. I was wrong about how long it would take though. I was thinking more like 6 months, but it certainly proceeded more quickly.

As to forcing others to adapt quickly, I think we gave a large amount of forewarning. The only negative critique I received directly from any former allies on the matter was that we took too long on it :P But we wanted to make sure we were transparent and that you all knew it wasn't something we were flippant about. I believe we gave ample time to former allies to create contingency plans if they desired, though it was no doubt a difficult situation for them. And sure, it is giving IQ a strong point, but for that matter i'll refer you back to my prior post. 

Feel free to share other frustrations, but from what I saw they mostly just focused on the idea of us going paperless in itself due to our role in the sphere rather than peripherals. I regret if that caused frustrations but those frustrations would be inevitable regardless. 

• Upvote 1

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

21 hours ago, Kilgore said:

He's worth two firsts based on what?

Years of practice under the best quarterback in history, the small amount of gametime he's had has looked incredibly good for a second string QB that's never played in a real game.

For what some teams have traded to get a high first round pick for an unproven college QB in a medicore draft class, Jimmy was worth at least as much.

The guy started 2 games and got hurt. He's a free agent after this year and NE wasn't going to pay what he was going to want. They are lucky to get what they got for him. They had zero leverage, he was gone after this season anyway.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:37 AM, Buorhann said:

TheNG (He really does deserve this.  Terrible bird)

Can confirm, thanks for all the votes folks! Looks like I saved this joke for too long though....

I was offered votes today, by an alliance leader. In exchange for that, I was supposed to advertise some kind of alliance bloc to my allies. Of course I declined because I am a person with high moral standards and a strong willpower. Just as strong as the Inquisition, the premier alliance bloc on Orbis today, helmed by luminaries like Roquentin, and now accepting new members!

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

2 hours ago, TheNG said:

Can confirm, thanks for all the votes folks! Looks like I saved this joke for too long though....

I was offered votes today, by an alliance leader. In exchange for that, I was supposed to advertise some kind of alliance bloc to my allies. Of course I declined because I am a person with high moral standards and a strong willpower. Just as strong as the Inquisition, the premier alliance bloc on Orbis today, helmed by luminaries like Roquentin, and now accepting new members!

BREAKING NEWS! ACADIA READY TO LEAVE INQUISITION!