Ok, real talk. Player/Alliance votes

Buorhann

47 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

There’s going to be a new vote, don’t worry about it. I talked to Bezzers and he said he’s alright with it. I’m also pushing for the voters to be public so if another vote trolling happens, certain votes can be nullified, and the rightful people will get their awards.

It should be within the next few days that the new polls are opened

ROFL. So we can't vote for our allies, or...? I mean just pick your own winners if there are just going to be new polls until we get the results you want. 

7 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

Im sure there’s people legitimately voting for them, but when there’s like 80 or 90 votes for random people who really aren’t very known, it’s not all legitimate votes.

I'm sorry but thats a load of horse shit. We've encouraged members to vote and take part in this process as outlined and all of a sudden those aren't legitimate votes? So the problem is not with the people who vote, but whom they are voting for, because its clearly not set up the standards some folks want it. So we have the freedom of choice to vote, as long as as its as some certain "arbitrators of whats right" decide and if their chosen candidates don't win, thats not a fair vote? To me it just an excuse for calling a fair vote, one which adheres to your individual choices and not one done by all members of this community. 

You know what would be better? Just pick your winners and announce it to the rest of the world, and get rid of this myth of one vote for all process. 

Edited by Shadowthrone

2 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

I don’t care who wins. I really don’t, all I want is those deserving to get their awards. 

And does your (plural) definition of deserving be the sole overarching definition we all are meant to follow? 

Just now, Zeebrus said:

Go on, deny it.

Roq told me himself that that’s what’s happening. To me it just an excuse for calling a fair vote, one which adheres to your individual choices and not one done by all members of this community. 

Also I think you missed (twice now) that I said (three times now) this is nothing to do with my opinion, but the community isn’t happy with this. 

I'll gladly deny the idea that we aren't allowed to vote as we see fit. I voted as how I saw fit. We've been encouraged to participate for the first time. 

Moreover, which community? Like I point out, the only people who are seemingly unhappy with this are folks who take a dump on NPO/IQ. I'm quite certain you're ignoring a whole bunch of folks who've voted the way they see fit, because they aren't part of some sorta 'cool kids community' who has issues with how the folks are voting. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

No

And no.

Because of troll people we’re not going to be censoring and discarding the votes of every single person in IQ. Your votes will obviously still count, and this has nothing to do with opinion, if I’m allowed to have the voters public, I’m gonna make damn sure  the people I pick to help me go through it all are unbiased.

What I want is a fair vote. While I appear to be the minority, I’m going to make sure I get one. And I’d sooner let the trolling continue than I would allow legitimate votes to be censored out

There’s lots of people clearly upset that there’s a blatant trolling of the votes, people least deserving of titles in most people’s eyes being the Trail Blazers of topics because “Hey tell your alliance to vote X, X and X  as best this that and whatever”.

Im sure there’s people legitimately voting for them, but when there’s like 80 or 90 votes for random people who really aren’t very known, it’s not all legitimate votes.

The player votes are something that happen once a year, I’m sure to IQ and all those people it’s just harmless fun and trolling, but it’d be nicer to have deserving people get what they deserve.

To the best of my ability I’ll see to it being an unbiased, fair vote, where people who the community legitimately see fit for awards get them. And if I fail, whatever mess there currently is can be the official one and I’ll request my topic be cancelled due to unfair play.

All I ask is that you guys over there could help me, and tell me if maybe there’s an alliance or multiple that are spam voting someone “because they’re in my alliance, they need all the votes”

See above

This is stupid.

Buorhann and I already pointed out why prohibiting votes based on political alignment is onerous bordering on impossible and that it would constrict voting options to the point of absurdity.

There's no mechanism for determining the "legitimacy" of votes. More to the point, it's an absurd concept in the first place. No one tampered with votes (if that's even possible in this case). What you're essentially saying is that IQ isn't allowed to discuss the voting with its membership or influence their votes. An analogous line of reasoning would be that everyone saying you should have won a category are making votes for you "illegitimate".

Edited by Edward I
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

What I want is a fair vote.

Right, so it's not fair to you that people are voting a certain way so you're just going to make a new poll instead since people didn't vote the way you/others deemed correct.  Shame on anyone who has different opinions and expresses themselves!

• Upvote 1

gog-forum-size-regs.png

No of course not. youre in a thread that’s topic is addressing the unfairness and biased troll voting for undeserving peopel

well there’s another opinion

Oh wow look at that! 3 likes

theres 5 opinions, go ask around, I can guarantee you’ll find far more people who see your blatant troll votes as undeserving 

IQ has 500 members. It's not biased that our player base has a large representation in a popular vote. That's kind of how it's supposed to work.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Zeebrus said:

I don’t care who wins. I really don’t, all I want is those deserving to get their awards. 

I haven’t seen a single person say anything but negative about what’s happening with all this, and I want to try and fix it. The vote is once a year, if people feel the need to screw with a poll, pick something less significant, don’t bring that crap here and flood out the nominations people took time and effort into making for “hueuehue let’s give X person 120 votes because he wouldn’t get any otherwise”

I obviously don’t expect you guys to support any of what I’m saying, at all. But at the very least I ask that you could tell if or when someone or a group of people are voting for someone just so someone else doesn’t win, or just to prank the polls.

I’m not going to have any opinion at all on this besides that what happened isn’t right and I want to gather a group of unbiased people to attempt to fix it.

Er ye, you can feck off with having a new vote because you are throwing your toys out of the pram as you don't like how it's going. Grow up FFS you eijet.

Edited by Nobody Expects
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nobody Expects said:

Er ye, you can feck off with having a new vote because you are throwing your toys out of the pram as you don't like how it's going. Grow up FFS you eijet.

Insulting Zeebrus? Y’all have hit a new low... Disgraceful. 

• Upvote 2

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

The majority of the game doesn't have the self awareness to admit any fault. It's pretty much just this.

http://www.psychmechanics.com/2014/10/subconscious-ego-defense-mechanisms.html

There's no point in trying to get an accurate read because so many people are too emotionally invested in the results of these polls, and are using it a way to deal with the shame and guilt of losing. This is why critics sit outside of their chosen medium.

Just now, Micchan said:

Dear NPO & friends, if you think all your votes are legit why are you so scared of another poll? :D

We're not. We're calling bull on the numerous complaints stemming from the fact that we're voting and the numerous "solutions" that are explicitly based on arbitrarily discounting our votes. For all the complaints of a "rigged" or "unfair" vote, it's interesting that the solution is to transparently tamper with the results.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Micchan said:

Dear NPO & friends, if you think all your votes are legit why are you so scared of another poll? :D

We're not scared of another poll as much as calling the BS excuses to call for another one. The criteria was set up in November, and we've followed all the requirements to ensure the legitimacy of the polls as set out originally. The sudden 180 and claiming these are fake votes or fake polls or the like is designed to essentially disenfranchise and remove our votes, from a community voting scheme which is BS. The only reason folks are complaining is because themselves/their voting choices are losing and therefore are looking for means to tailor make the polls in the image they think is 'correct' while ensuring our voting choices are no longer counted. 

Edited by Shadowthrone
  • Upvote 1

The action of defending rigging a vote in any certain way is inexcusable. Those who defend it should be ashamed of themselves, for all you’re doing is cheating and/or allowing people to cheat. 

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

1 hour ago, Zeebrus said:

There’s going to be a new vote, don’t worry about it. I talked to Bezzers and he said he’s alright with it. I’m also pushing for the voters to be public so if another vote trolling happens, certain votes can be nullified, and the rightful people will get their awards.

Listen as a RL Monarchist I agree democracy is bad and secret ballots are awful because it doesn't allow you to harass the people who vote differently than you like but no need to say it publicly. Makes you look like a sore loser really.

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

2 hours ago, Zeebrus said:

Listen as a RL Monarchist I agree democracy is bad and secret ballots are awful because it doesn't allow you to harass the people who vote differently than you like but no need to say it publicly. Makes you look like a sore loser really.

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

Just now, BigHiggs said:

The action of defending rigging a vote in any certain way is inexcusable. Those who defend it should be ashamed of themselves, for all you’re doing is cheating and/or allowing people to cheat. 

Wait I'm sorry I don't think anyone here has committed electoral fraud by means of hacking the administrators accounts and unilaterally increasing votes or bribed Bezzers and co. to inflate our vote counts. The only thing we've done ( which folks have agreed has happened whenever these votes come around ) is encourage folks to take part and vote. 

Meanwhile, Donald Trump called, he requires his royalty payments for calling out a legitimate election, as fake/rigged. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Shadowthrone said:

Wait I'm sorry I don't think anyone here has committed electoral fraud by means of hacking the administrators accounts and unilaterally increasing votes or bribed Bezzers and co. to inflate our vote counts. The only thing we've done ( which folks have agreed has happened whenever these votes come around ) is encourage folks to take part and vote. 

Meanwhile, Donald Trump called, he requires his royalty payments for calling out a legitimate election, as fake/rigged. 

I’m sorry but this wasn’t directed as a personal attack, more of a call out to those who try to screw with the votes. However the fact that you’re getting triggered at my remarks is very suspicious.

Meanwhile, an unidentified a**hole called, he wants royalty payments for you stealing his attitude.

All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

Calling our votes rigged eh? Most of our members are new, so setting up parameters like, someone should be active on forums for a year in order to vote doesn't sound fair at all. We in general don't participate in forums to stay away from BS like this, as OWF is completely biased against Inq.

It's not possible to tamper votes, we are just asking our members to create an account here and vote, we have a large membership and barely 20% voted so far.

Edited by Bot
clarity

This has to seriously be one of the absolute worst communities I’ve participated in. Like seriously it’s saltier than the pretzels I ate for lunch yesterday.

All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

1 minute ago, BigHiggs said:

This has to seriously be one of the absolute worst communities I’ve participated in. Like seriously it’s saltier than the pretzels I ate for lunch yesterday.

Where have you been? It has always been salty like this.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bot said:

Where have you been? It has always been salty like this.

This thread is literally the community in a nutshell

Im calling you out for fraudulent claims. I saw you yesterday, you were eating ham and cheese sticks.

These pretzels you speak of are government conspiracy and you can expect to hear from my lawyers soon.

I’ll be seeing you in court then

All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

1 minute ago, Bot said:

Calling our votes rigged eh? Most of our members are new, so setting up parameters like, someone should be active on forums for a year in order to vote doesn't sound fair at all. We in general don't participate in forums to stay away from BS like this, as OWF is completely biased against Inq.

Can you really not see why people might be upset at the idea of you telling a bunch of people who are new and don't actually take part in the global community to vote for specific things?

I'm not dismissing the points some IQ people are making here, but the way you've chosen to go about making that point, when the option of, say, offering help to the organizers to address some of your concerns, strikes me as really petty. And the tenor of comments people have made since makes me pretty confident it was borne almost entirely out of that pettiness.

You don't like the community, so you're taking a bad thing about it and making it worse. Okay guys.

• Upvote 3

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

• Jax locked this topic