Make protectionism possible

ShiningLioness

The politics of this game would be 10x more interesting with protectionism treaties. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen with the current game mechanics, as it is very difficult to force (or persuade) members not to purchase the cheapest option available. Would sheepy consider adding in a feature so that governments of various alliance can impose financial penalties on people who trade with certain other alliances? (The money would go into the alliance bank.)

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Protectionism (i.e. restricted trade) is pretty harmful to the economic development of your nation. So in that sense, protectionism somewhat exists.

If you wanted to impose those sort of penalties on someone else, you could get a bunch of people to agree to embargo someone.

For example, my nation is embargoed by almost everyone as that's one of the early objectives in the game. The trade page for me is largely only red, disabled offers, meaning if I was actually trying to play the game and trade with other players, I'd really struggle (like the effects of protectionism, or international sanctions.)

• Downvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link