Moderation when it comes to racism

Rozalia

Honestly this whole social intolerance/offense thing is a pendulum and eventually it’s going to swing too far to the left and come roaring back the other way, you can already see the signs in some western countries. 

Really disappointing  with how you dealt with the situation mods.

• Upvote 5

With my attention span being that of fly, I'm not sure whats really going on.  I did partake in one of Roz's threads and didn't find anything wrong with it........does that make me a racist?  Like Tywin said.......I think some lectures on freedom of speech and expression is required........PREACH ON BROTHER TYWIN.......PREACH ON!!!!! 

• Upvote 5

X4EfkAB.png

6 minutes ago, Sailor Jerry said:

With my attention span being that of fly, I'm not sure whats really going on.  I did partake in one of Roz's threads and didn't find anything wrong with it........does that make me a racist?  Like Tywin said.......I think some lectures on freedom of speech and expression is required........PREACH ON BROTHER TYWIN.......PREACH ON!!!!! 

This is a good point. Is Admin and his cadre of Mods going to warn everybody who voted also? 40 people voted towards my thread, are you going to warn 40 so called racists?

• Upvote 3

Oh well I want to post quickly as well before this gets censored

Brother Tywinn, please preach your wishful blessings above the mods,,,,

Also it is a great time to define rascism,

QUICK BEFORE IT GETS LOCKED

• Upvote 1

I just want to say that roz hasn’t done anything wrong, he has actually promoted a good thing. And as he said, saying interracial love is not for children just proves stupidity. Small children shouldn’t be playing this game in the first place and anybody who’s at least f..ucking 9 should know what sex is. If that’s not enough, closing his posts with actually no support, acting on your own in a shitty way, saying it’s racist when actual muslims said they didn’t find the post racist, proves that the mods have no idea of what they’re  talking about.

• Upvote 3

aka Filip, The Royalist or Tremor

It is cowardice to simply report a person because you think their post is _racist and bigoted_ which, in fact, has no real foundation to think so. As big bro Roz said above, he is not racist at all. In fact, he encourages the freedom of bonding and decision.

Now, I want to see those users that falsely accuse people of racism and other things to bring up concrete arguments against all statements.

• Upvote 2

If you don't like Alex's decisions, don't play this game. No one is forcing you to, and if you don't like how he acts to you relating to very sensitive and polarizing topics, don't cry about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

LTcxGHN.jpg

1. Alex_PW - Today at 6:39 PM
  2. Furthermore I once again object to the notion that you can just arbitrarily pick whatever type of women you want for a wife like you're getting a new dog and you're choosing from breeds

Hehhehe, that’s not he meant and I think you know it. If you don’t, then you might want to re read his posts. And I don’t think it’s your problem the way he wants to pick his wife, even tho he didn’t mean the thing you said. I think you’re just trying to find excuses.
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Sailor Jerry said:

Would this give us a new little "in-game" icon to go with our "Beta", "Speed Round" and various "Birthday" icons? 

Tbh it would be great if we got an icon for being rascist , even though we are probably being less rascist than the mods

After all, we are accepting the multiracial beauty of all women, dont see a particular problem but of course once the muslim card is over, the childrens card and the women card gets played. Nowhere in the thread did anyone say they were ugly women or discriminate against other women for not looking right...
The argument about potential of rascism is also a bit weird, because a pencil has potential to kill people and you dont see people banning pencils because murder potential ;)

Even though judging people based on their looks and deciding possible mates like this is a biological trait that should not be underestimated. We like to pretend that we only judge people on how they are inside, but our reptilian brain definitly does look at the outside. Not embracing this biological fact is just not right. We are objective creatures after all, and we want people that both look good and are good.
 I do by no means promote rascism, but it is to be realistic: Everyone likes a good looking woman, and everyone judges people objectively first.

Also Alex, to you directly: You are saying young kids play this game and should not be subjected to this, but you come from the nation that objectivies woman in media on a daily base? Kids are more than prepared for this and are more than used for this, in beauty pageants that are seen pretty often, both real ones and ones in cartoons, in school they are also judged on their looks and concentrate on those things too. After all, the age limit for this game is 13, right? That is puberty, the age where people start caring about their looks a lot, and the age where we start to develop a view about what is beautiful. This post would tell kids that all women from all races and places of the world are beautiful, instead of just the women from their area. How on earth is that racist?

Are you going to say that biology and evolution is racist now for making us judge people by their looks first to determine health and other factors like fertility?
Or are you saying that we are racist for supporting interracial relationships?
Or are you saying that Sharia Islam is the real and right islam?

I dont know what you are trying to say and I would really like clarification, because from what I have seen , we are just running around in circles hiding behind the banners of sexism, racism and I guess discrimination and objectification without actually clarifying WHY we reasoned like that. It is easy to say something is racist just like it is easy for me to say that Rozalia is a A-Hole ( ;) ), but WHY is it racist?
Please lets remain civilised and talk about this , because these kind of discussions are what kids actually need. They need to develop their mind themselves, not be fed whatever is mainstream now... imagine if we did that in 1933s Germany

Anyhow, jokes aside, these are my two cents and I know I am likely getting a strike for criticising the big brother and fighting against their current, but what gives...after all: War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery and Ignorance is Strenght :)

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Sailor Jerry said:

Would this give us a new little "in-game" icon to go with our "Beta", "Speed Round" and various "Birthday" icons? 

I think I just found one we could use........

fbgFZY0.jpg

EDIT:  And for those who couldn't tell......or are hyper sensitive.......I'm really only joking.....you know.....looking for the lulz!!!!

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

42 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

I think a lecture on freedom of speech and freedom of expression is required. I can deliver it at a discount rate for our great moderators if Alex wants! 

To be fair, P&W is owned by a gaming company that is also owned by Alex, so it's perfectly within his rights to do whatever he wants with his game. Doesn't mean it's a smart idea to deliberately silence perspectives that people don't necessarily agree with, though. 

Z98SzIG.png

Alex doesn’t give a shit about these discussions.

He has more important shit to do than to argue over some post on a game. So he just locks it up and doesn’t want to hear about it.

Edited by FilipS
  • Upvote 1

Just now, FilipS said:

Alex doesn’t give a shig about these discussions.

He has more important shit to do then to

argue over some post on a game. So he just locks it up and doesn’t want to hear about it.

Why worry about what Rozalia has to say when he has to work on an amazing new cosmetic change? 

• Upvote 1

Rozalia's Pick 4 Wives topic has made me want to move to Guadeloupe to embrace their race, a race I didn't know existed before the topic was posted. If anything, it was educational and motivating rather than racist and bigoted.

Edit: Obligatory Mods suck comment

Edited by Leonius
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Leonius said:

Rozalia's Pick 4 Wives topic has made me want to move to Guadeloupe to embrace their race, a race I didn't know existed before the topic was posted. If anything, it was educational and motivating rather than racist and bigoted.

Edit: Obligatory Mods suck comment

I mean just look at me... I never knew armenian women were so beautiful... and there I was yesterday at three AM with four wiki pages opened about armenia... apparently it is a rather troubled nation in the caucasus but never mind, the point is, Roz's post was indeed eye opening and I think it was great pedagogically to help kids get more in touch with other cultures, if we are pulling the kids card already

• Upvote 4

• Administrators

Moderation action here has nothing to do with "interracial love" (I don't even see how that's relevant. There's nothing about love in a thread where you "pick 4 wives") and in my opinion, racism becomes an issue only with the second "results" topic.

I will first re-iterate that the post in question has absolutely nothing to do with Politics & War, there's no reason it has to be here. I suggested to Rozalia over DM that he could do this sort of thing elsewhere.

Second, your right to free speech on this forum only extends so far as I allow it. We have rules and moderators, you will respect them or you will not be allowed to participate on this forum. That's the nature of a privately owned and operated discussion board.

Third, the Forum Rules (which have not changed since any of these posts have been made) do not allow for this sort of topic. You are not allowed to "call out" the moderators, and I specifically reminded Rozalia of this in our DM (as I imagine the logs reflect, unless they were edited.) He was aware this would be immediately locked and that he would receive a warning point when he made this post. For users to have a question about the rules, or would like to propose a rule change, that is what the Moderation Support forum is for. Obviously that's not what's happening here.

Lastly, you can read my dissertation for why the first post was removed here: 

As to the most recent "results" post, I do not think that is an acceptable post on this forum for the same reasons as the first, but also I believe it is implicitly racist to be ranking women by their race (or ethnicity) and awarding trophies to "the best race (or ethnicity)." I believe to do so is dangerously dehumanizing and also just offensive. There's no reason to have that here on this forum, and I will not tolerate it. Furthermore, the entire nature of both threads is incredibly demeaning to women. Treating women like objects, picking them out like breeds of dogs, and collecting them for points are all terrible things, and as I pointed out in my response to the first post is a terrible example to set for younger players forming their views about the world.

It seems to me that the entire point of each post has been to "stir the pot" so to speak, to rile other players up for one reason or another, and now you're all doing the same thing by accusing me of being against interracial love, being racist myself, etc. which is all ridiculous, and just a poor attempt to somehow point the blame at me and the moderators for this.

This decision is final, the rules are the rules and we have interpreted them. If you don't like the rules, you are free to post a thread in the Moderation Support forum to propose a change (I can't imagine removing the racism rule would be popular, nor would I go through with it), and if you don't like my interpretation of the rules, you can cease using the forum. Those are your options, and if you continue to violate the rules, I will make the decision for you through the established warning system which includes increasing lengths of account suspension and ultimately a ban from the forums.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic