Pick 4 Husbands

Ripper

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

What external characteristics are being judged here? Surely you can see the difference between judging a woman based on her race or ethnicity and judging a player based on their behaviors?

This "game" (in the post) uses men as objects to be coveted and possessed, which is not only wrong and demeaning to men, but also dangerous for our younger players (of whom there are many) who are developing their beliefs and understanding of how the world and interpersonal relations works.

This post could be interpreted as against the rules from trolling (deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response) to the promotion of illegal activity (polygamy is illegal in the United States, where the game is based, as well as the majority of jurisdictions where players come from.) 

• Upvote 6

IpHGyGc.png

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

The reason it is so vile to be a racist or a sexist is because judging someone based on one of their immutable characteristics is wrong. Is it your opinion that people can change their personalities and their identities on a whim? That if the community judges them to be inferior as compared to other people in terms of their identity, they can or should adjust that identity to meet the demands of the community? That constitutes an invalidation and rejection of their personal identity, and I do not believe there is as big of a difference between that and racism as you would like to believe. 

It's not against the rules to judge someone by their personality, immutable or not. It is against the rules to judge them by their race.

If you want to discuss or propose changes to the rules, that's one thing. But I am basically just quoting the existing rules to you at this point.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

There's nothing in the rules that says you can't be upset or made upset. There is, however, a rule against racism.

The problem with this is that this is the internet, not some college campus or workplace environment where you can label someone a racist and ruin them. People generally see through the nonsense that it is not racist. Anyone who thinks its racist has no clue and can't form a coherent argument as to why it is. They just say its racist and stop debate from happening, what one deems as racism is an opinion and with everyone wanting to be a victim then they deem everything is racist. Who I want to have sex with is not racism.

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

8 minutes ago, Lightning said:

This "game" (in the post) uses men as objects to be coveted and possessed, which is not only wrong and demeaning to men, but also dangerous for our younger players (of whom there are many) who are developing their beliefs and understanding of how the world and interpersonal relations works.

This post could be interpreted as against the rules from trolling (deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response) to the promotion of illegal activity (polygamy is illegal in the United States, where the game is based, as well as the majority of jurisdictions where players come from.) 

See here are the rules you could use to close this thread. Its clearly breaking them.

Frank Castle Was Here

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Lightning said:

The problem with this is that this is the internet, not some college campus or workplace environment where you can label someone a racist and ruin them. People generally see through the nonsense that it is not racist. Anyone who thinks its racist has no clue and can't form a coherent argument as to why it is. They just say its racist and stop debate from happening, what one deems as racism is an opinion and with everyone wanting to be a victim then they deem everything is racist. Who I want to have sex with is not racism.

I agree who you want to have sex with is not racist, and I've never said that. I've said that ranking women by race is racist. The definition of racism being "saying one race is better than another" that's exactly what we see in the results thread. "So-and-so race is better" is racism, and per the rules, was locked.

5 minutes ago, Henrich said:

See here are the rules you could use to close this thread. Its clearly breaking them.

This is obviously a satire thread. I don't interpret it as trolling or promoting polygamy, so it's not breaking any rules.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I agree who you want to have sex with is not racist, and I've never said that. I've said that ranking women by race is racist. The definition of racism being "saying one race is better than another" that's exactly what we see in the results thread. "So-and-so race is better" is racism, and per the rules, was locked.

This is obviously a satire thread. I don't interpret it as trolling or promoting polygamy, so it's not breaking any rules.

Attraction doesn't make one race better than another, people were ranking who they were more attracted to. You line up ten girls of the same race and you pick your favorite two, it doesn't mean you think the rest are inferior. They're just not your taste. Same principle. 

Obviously the Roz's thread was satire as well because we can't have 4 wives and there is no way in hell we ever will. He definitely wasn't promoting it, if anything it was satire aimed at a barbaric religion. 

IpHGyGc.png

Guys help me understand, Alex is joking with us or did he not understand the irony in the posts like that of Bluebear at the top of the page?

If he's serious he has no idea what racism is

Promoting polygamy is a bannable offense, I hate those anime casuals with a seasonal waifu

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Alex said:

It's not against the rules to judge someone by their personality, immutable or not. It is against the rules to judge them by their race.

If you want to discuss or propose changes to the rules, that's one thing. But I am basically just quoting the existing rules to you at this point.

By personality, Bluebear was taking an empirical perspective with regards to people's appearances which are a byproduct of their genetic and environmental influences.  He wasn't considering the value of free will there on internal decision making.  If anything, those who identify racism in society emphasize the value of systemic prejudice in saying society is designed to accommodate the lifestyles of some ethnicities before others.

The point here being that racism is wrong in judging people because it objectifies them no differently from how profiles are objectified here by what their avatars look like.  

Is the thread satirical?  Yes.  The point is to point out how you judge things one way, but not the other.  

• Upvote 1

It appears that once again the Master-Fowl has been snubbed by its inferiors by not being included in this magnificent tally. This offense has been noted, and we will have our vengeance. 

Edit: WHAT DESPICABLE SUB-FOWL DECREED THAT THE PIGEON WAS THE BIGGEST BIRD? 

Main Husband: Partisan, forever and always
Additional 3 Husbands: Roz, Buorhann, probably theNG
Your (in-game or real) Gender (optional): Penguin
Reasons (optional): Can’t pick Fraggle, Partisan is goals, Roz is an honorary penguin, and the hippo and pigeon are as worthy adversaries as the Nestingland can find.

Edited by Emperor Penguin Rikkar
Seething rage
  • Upvote 6

duZjuvT.png?3

As one of the "objectified" species in this thread, I don't give a rats ass.  It's funny, humorous, and one of the few Ripper quality threads.

Unless you meant sexiest instead of sexist, then I'm completely on board with this (See earlier picture I posted).

(Also, how is this thread racist?  I can understand sexist, but racist?  Have you seen the many variations of different species here?)

And yes, I got it, you guys are !@#$ing with Sheepy on this.

Edited by Buorhann

18 hours ago, Emperor Penguin Rikkar said:

Edit: WHAT DESPICABLE SUB-FOWL DECREED THAT THE PIGEON WAS THE BIGGEST BIRD? 

What, you've never heard of pigeons of unusual size? :P

But it pleases me to be worthy adversary. :wub:

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Main Husband: Rozalia (he respec wahmen)

2: Thalmor (current sugardaddy) (EDIT: former sugardaddy now o7)

3: Bluebear (he can grab my chest and take my booty anytime)

4: Shifty Stranger (ayylmao)

Edited by Tsilya Tsyganov

12 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Hold on, let me make a new persona around an Ostrich.

Well, if you're willing to be a flightless feathered rat, more power to you man.

I suppose I'll just have to trademark the phrase, protect my claim. ^_^

• Upvote 1

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:13 AM, Ripper said:

gi4b9Gn_Sm2O9FTwhsBfbA.jpeg

We seem to remember things very differently.

As for the discussion on what constitutes a feathered rat, I believe that moniker has been proven to only befit a pigeon. Buorhann's Ostrich would be more of an avian giraffe- gangly, clumsy, and much too tall to be wholesome. 

• Upvote 2

duZjuvT.png?3

1 hour ago, Emperor Penguin Rikkar said:

We seem to remember things very differently.

As for the discussion on what constitutes a feathered rat, I believe that moniker has been proven to only befit a pigeon. Buorhann's Ostrich would be more of an avian giraffe- gangly, clumsy, and much too tall to be wholesome. 

I'm sorry, you'll have to SPEAK UP. It's a little hard to hear you from where I am - you know, flying up high like a real bird. -_-

But at least we can agree ostriches are far too tall for their own good, or anyone else's.

That was like one of the best threads on this forum until those mods took it out.  Such potential, like birds, who got smaller and more pathetic (Except the dumb ostrich).

Do you even know what a penguin sounds like? Our chirps are laconic- rare soundbytes that convey the weight and gravitas of a species in its ascendancy. When a penguin speaks, all will heed. 

Ask anyone and they know how a pigeon sounds. Their ceaseless cooing carries no weight- it is as ephemeral as their influence over Orbis. You may squawk all you like, but even a pigeon cannot outfly its downfall. 

• Upvote 2

duZjuvT.png?3