The Boki Chronicles Part 1

Verin

1 minute ago, durmij said:

It is consolidation because it adds redundancy to the web, stiffening it up and removing possible outcomes while adding power to the big players. Yes it is minor, yes the real redundancy was many treaties ago, but it is still consolidation.

The tie to IQ as a whole was already there, they freely made the choice to reinforce their ties with IQ by signing this treaty with one of its members, in this case NPO. While I don't know exactly what their reasoning was, I can safely assume that they made this call because they thought it would be best for them, not what is best for those on the OWF 

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc

Just now, RightHonorable said:

The tie to IQ as a whole was already there, they freely made the choice to reinforce their ties with IQ by signing this treaty with one of its members, in this case NPO. While I don't know exactly what their reasoning was, I can safely assume that they made this call because they thought it would be best for them, not what is best for those on the OWF 

No one is arguing against any of that, and none of this would preclude it from being consolidation.

Just now, durmij said:

No one is arguing against any of that, and none of this would preclude it from being consolidation.

The point that I am trying to make is who cares, they have already made the decision to go with IQ, so what is wrong with making that arrangement formal

3 minutes ago, RightHonorable said:

The point that I am trying to make is who cares, they have already made the decision to go with IQ, so what is wrong with making that arrangement formal

Because it's consolidation, which a large portion of the game has decided is worse than murder. It is literally an example of the thing the entire community, from both sides of the aisle and the neutrals, are railing against on these forums.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, durmij said:

Because it's consolidation, which a large portion of the game has decided is worse than murder. It is literally an example of the thing the entire community, from both sides of the aisle and the neutrals, are railing against on these forums.

You have it backwards, the global political situation decides bilateral and multilateral agreements, not the other way around. 

Just now, RightHonorable said:

You have it backwards, the global political situation decides bilateral and multilateral agreements, not the other way around. 

They both influence each other, one doesn't truly dictate the other. Also, this still isn't an argument that it isn't consolidation.

55 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

So you guys think tons of smaller spheres and blocs acting independently with and often against each other depending on principles, ideologies and themes in a perpetual state of politics and war is what should be achieved here? 

That's nice, i wish you well with your dream.

I mean its easier to deflect the fact that smaller spheres working together constitutes the same political system that exists within the game. I mean the only counter argument to that is, at least its not "consolidation", which is just bullshit wrapped in more shit. 

20 hours ago, durmij said:

It is consolidation because it adds redundancy to the web, stiffening it up and removing possible outcomes while adding power to the big players. Yes it is minor, yes the real redundancy was many treaties ago, but it is still consolidation.

Fair enough, my main point was the fact Sketchy tries making sphere consolidation look like an IQ narrative. Someone should tell him to stop trying so hard.

7 hours ago, Leoben said:

Fair enough, my main point was the fact Sketchy tries making sphere consolidation look like an IQ narrative. Someone should tell him to stop trying so hard.

It literally is though. It was the cornerstone of their raison d'etre.

9 hours ago, durmij said:

It literally is though. It was the cornerstone of their raison d'etre.

Well then it's not simply a "narrative". It's reality. EMC has been consolidating even before IQ existed. I mean if anybody is the queen of consolidation it's EMC.