How to Troll the Market

Dubayoo

More oil market trolling. For those who haven't looked:

Bazack has 15 oil refineries among 26 cities,

Ottoman has 0 oil refineries,

Pacificistan has 0 oil refineries,

Bonnaroo has 4 oil refineries among 11 cities, and

Vaticanum has 0 oil refineries.

They're clearly propping the price of oil up for speculation.  Natural demand isn't keeping up with supply, so a bubble's in the works.  I say this especially because of how I got a good chunk of oil priced at $2,500 the day before yesterday, and you can clearly see a price drop off after the posts these guys have.  There was even a point earlier today where the oil market margin was at $15 which is insanely slim.

oil market trolling2.png

Edited by Dubayoo

I used to trade basically every kind of resource, and I only produced maybe three resources in total :P

There are people on the market that buy and sell the same kind of resource purely for profit, and that's fine.

There are also raiders who loot resources that they then sell, and that's fine too :v

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

There are people on the market that buy and sell the same kind of resource purely for profit, and that's fine.

There are also raiders who loot resources that they then sell, and that's fine too :v

There is a hybrid version too, called "traiders".

Edited by Ripper

I would concur that it's brokering if there was natural demand such that speculators were just mingling among the rest and flipping resources.

There is no natural demand though at all.  They're obviously just propping up the price to prevent a bubble from popping, probably because they have a stockpile of resources they don't want to become worthless.

I mean you have to go all the way down to $1,521 to find someone who has a serious interest in buying oil to use it, and even that guy's a broker.  Even the guy after him has no real demand for oil.

Edited by Dubayoo

No one thinks about that when trading :v

From experience the people who post annoying offers are in a rush or just plain dumb lol. As a trader, the only thing I focused on was keeping the buy price and sell price as far away from each other as possible. And if the market prices change, then meh, I just go with it and not much really changes.

48 minutes ago, Ripper said:

There is a hybrid version too, called "traiders".

Oh god, considering the amount of naval attacks I get against me, I feel empathy for whoever has all their trade offers cancelled by a blockade every day :P 

Edited by hidude45454

6 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

No one thinks about that when trading :v

From experience the people who post annoying offers are in a rush or just plain dumb lol. As a trader, the only thing I focused on was keeping the buy price and sell price as far away from each other as possible. And if the market prices change, then meh, I just go with it and not much really changes.

Oh god, considering the amount of naval attacks I get against me, I feel empathy for whoever has all their trade offers cancelled by a blockade every day :P 

Well yea, exactly.  As a broker, you want high margins, but these guys are killing the margins for no good reason.  Eventually, some natural suppliers are going to sell them a ton of oil just for regular income, and they're going to take a huge hit since the lack of natural demand means nobody wants to buy what they're reselling.

6 hours ago, hidude45454 said:

And if the market prices change, then meh, I just go with it and not much really changes.

Uh huh, what I'm trying to say is that there's not much you can really do about it and posting a forum topic complaining about it and trying to shame people is pretty pointless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Raw materials are crashing everywhere as expected.  The trolls were throwing too much cash at them, unable to support their inflated values.

• 1 month later...