#SexismEndsNow

Kynlo

As for the difference between facts, opinions, and values, you need to look at this in terms of thinking about time independently of experience, not just feeling about what you've experienced in space:

Facts Opinions Values.png

• Downvote 1

It's bad to say people are running around doing things that they clearly aren't and then naively trying to form a list for a lynch mob when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about or a basis for it.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Costello said:

Wow someone with a brain.  Thank you Sylvia.  P. S.  I miss bothering you in HBE lol join Arrgh cx 

Is it bad to hold terrible people responsible for their actions?  I'm confused 

Edited by Spectral

Just now, Johnny Costello said:

Is it bad to hold terrible people responsible for their actions?  I'm confused 

It is a great thing to hold people accountable. But if all it takes to convict someone is accusing them: then I accuse you of harassing me. Onto the list you go!

When you accuse someone of something in real life, they must be convicted before punished -- i.e. have evidence provided that they committed the crime.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

As for the difference between facts, opinions, and values, you need to look at this in terms of thinking about time independently of experience, not just feeling about what you've experienced in space:

What the heck is that graph even trying to communicate? I really don't get what the heck you're trying to even say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yea, false accusations end up enforcing justice against dogooders which is no different from being a wrongdoer who abuses an innocent person in the first place.  That doesn't hold people responsible for their actions.  It acts irresponsibly in holding people against their will.

3 minutes ago, Spectral said:

It's bad to say people are running around doing things that they clearly aren't and then naively trying to form a list for a lynch mob when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about or a basis for it.

Kids.  This is why drugs are illegal because then you defend criminals.. 

3 minutes ago, JPMorgan said:

It is a great thing to hold people accountable. But if all it takes to convict someone is accusing them: then I accuse you of harassing me. Onto the list you go!

When you accuse someone of something in real life, they must be convicted before punished -- i.e. have evidence provided that they committed the crime.

I'm in Arrgh I harrass everyone.. You're late to that list home boy.  

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

1 minute ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

What the heck is that graph even trying to communicate? I really don't get what the heck you're trying to even say.

Then think about it.  If you don't get it, then you deserve no more decency than an animal we throw in the zoo.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spectral said:

Internet lynch mobs aren't pretty. Mostly a band of bullies who behave worse than the person they are harassing really.

7 minutes ago, JPMorgan said:

Having proof is such a strange topic in a post fact world but yeah we should keep a standard rather than blindly accusing an entire community over misconduct you have failed to prove. More or less the people endorsing and arguing in favor of this are blowing hot air while giving no substance and thus no argument to favor them because the burden of proof rests with them, not with the rest of the community to disprove it.

Edited by Rache Olderen
  • Upvote 3

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

1 minute ago, Johnny Costello said:

Kids.  This is why drugs are illegal because then you defend criminals.. 

I'm in Arrgh I harrass everyone.. You're late to that list home boy.  

In what way have I defended a criminal? By asking for proof before conviction? Your only response is to toss an insult rather than actually address the point? Congrats bud, ur so witty, you know... not actually addressing the point that you're advocating lynching people without having to provide actual evidence.

• Upvote 2

There's a part of me that really thinks Johnny's being incredibly condescending here.  It's like he's trying to stick others in the shoes of those who have been falsely judged through generalizations in the past by compelling them to learn from experience in dealing with what that's like.

You don't do that with people who are already understanding.  That's like giving medicine to those who don't have a disease.  If anything, you're going to get them sick in the opposite way.  In society, that just creates backlash against liberation from believing those seeking liberation are really spoiled brats looking to get more than they deserve.

16 hours ago, Johnny Costello said:

Playing the victim.  Gosh you see my Facebook messages when I post this stuff.  Sadly this is taking that same path.  Yet that's not the issue.  I put yet another example and got called a "victim" 

I legit still don't understand what you mean by this. Can you explain in a way that's easier to understand?

B.  Proof isn't needed to agree with a cause.  It's not longer if it's true. It's that we as a community should not let it become true.  Also confused on how standing up for women not getting sexually assaulted isn't standing uo for the cause of equality.  That's like saying I hate fast food.  While eating McDonald's.  It's a contradiction thus untrue.  

Yes, proof isn't needed to agree with a cause... however, proof is needed to propose a change. What I've taken from the OP's post is that the OP is trying to propose a change to end sexism in PnW. If you are standing up for the cause, I stand corrected. I'm not trying to attack you directly, I'm just stating things for the sake of discussion.

Person A.  "Gun violence is bad"

Me.  "I agree" 

End.  Of.  Story.  

But is this what's really happening in this thread? You're still ignoring the underlining argument of that post.

Cheers!

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid. ?

3 hours ago, Sylvia said:

The OP has free speech rights just like everyone else.  Plenty of people express opinions about plenty of topics that I've read without clear "proof."

But the OP is talking about implementing a basically "hit list" of who to perma-war based on their expressions and usage of freedom of speech. Isn't that kind of ironic?

39 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

I am actually intrigued by this diagram. Could you explain to me what you mean by this?

Cheers!

28 minutes ago, Spectral said:

In what way have I defended a criminal? By asking for proof before conviction? Your only response is to toss an insult rather than actually address the point? Congrats bud, ur so witty, you know... not actually addressing the point that you're advocating lynching people without having to provide actual evidence.

Why do I need to prove to you sexism exists for you to hate the idea of sexism.. Do I need to prove that murder happens before you think.  "Oh !@#$ maybe we shouldn't kill people " or do you just like sticking in a flat mind-set so you can cry about how nobody proves bad things happen to you on the internet.  You don't need proof to recognize that it's not right.. IDC If Jesus ass !@#$ed you it's not !@#$ing cool 

5 minutes ago, Edwardidk said:

I legit still don't understand what you mean by this. Can you explain in a way that's easier to understand?

I don't support sexism.  (Emphasis on the period) 

6 minutes ago, Edwardidk said:

Yes, proof isn't needed to agree with a cause... however, proof is needed to propose a change. What I've taken from the OP's post is that the OP is trying to propose a change to end sexism in PnW. If you are standing up for the cause, I stand corrected. I'm not trying to attack you directly, I'm just stating things for the sake of discussion.

I respect that.. My entire argument has been that I don't support harassment.  True or not I don't support it.  

8 minutes ago, Edwardidk said:

But is this what's really happening in this thread? You're still ignoring the underlining argument of that post.

I'm arguing my own point.  As I've stated.  It's not ok to harrass people.  If someone does it they should be removed from the community.  Yet I've been fought against that by multiple people like I've claimed the sky is red or some off the wall claim.. I personally don't care if the claim is true or false.  My concern is that it shouldn't happen.. From A to B or B to A.  I don't get how people aren't understanding that 

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

I don't deny sexism exists, but you do have to prove that its happening before you jump aboard the train to start tossing people on a list designed to screw them for the duration of their playing experience.

Johnny, a dozen of us have tried to explain this to you: The op clearly talks about tossing people onto a list and then effectively hunting then down for an undetermined period of time. So when you agree with the op, you need to have proof to back it up.

Now you are either willingly playing ignorant, or you're so determined to maraude for a cause that you don't even need proof before you line up to put people's heads on a spike. Either scenario is very, very bad. I encourage you to walk away from this topic before you continue to degrade yourself in people's eyes.

Edited by Spectral
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Johnny Costello said:

I'm arguing my own point.  As I've stated.  It's not ok to harrass people.  If someone does it they should be removed from the community.  Yet I've been fought against that by multiple people like I've claimed the sky is red or some off the wall claim.. I personally don't care if the claim is true or false.  My concern is that it shouldn't happen.. From A to B or B to A.  I don't get how people aren't understanding that 

Thanks for the clarification! The reason that people are jumping on you is because you didn't really make that clear. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that harassment is definitely not OK. I think there was a lot of confusion about what your point was. :P

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Edwardidk said:

I am actually intrigued by this diagram. Could you explain to me what you mean by this?

I could, but I really shouldn't. If I explain it, then it defeats the purpose.

It's one of those things where if you don't get it, explaining it to you is like programming a robot, so you're not having a conversation with a person.

3 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I could, but I really shouldn't. If I explain it, then it defeats the purpose.

It's one of those things where if you don't get it, explaining it to you is like programming a robot, so you're not having a conversation with a person.

Well, you didn't make a clear diagram with properly labeled axes and increments, so that's on you.

2 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Well, you didn't make a clear diagram with properly labeled axes and increments, so that's on you.

Actually, the diagram is incredibly clear.  It's literally as technical a schematic as you could make it without any fluff at all.

3 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Yeah, it’s a really shitty graph.

I think x-axis is time, and y-axis is value.

The line going up is fact, the line going down is opinion.

1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

Actually, the diagram is incredibly clear.  It's literally as technical a schematic as you could make it without any fluff at all.

It does not follow the proper format of a line graph at all...

Edited by Tsilya Tsyganov
  • Upvote 2

There is no y-axis, and you're clearly not grasping the value of labels.  

There is no line going up either.  What are you talking about?

You're coming off like you're schizophrenically deluded.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Dubayoo said:

There is no y-axis, and you're clearly not grasping the value of labels.  

There is no line going up either.  What are you talking about?

You're coming off like you're schizophrenically deluded.

The line that has an upward slope, increasing in value as time progresses.

wait

you’re just pretending to be retarded I think

Carry on.

Yea, you're a childish punk with an attitude problem.

Again, there's no y-axis.  There is no slope.

19 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

Yea, you're a childish punk with an attitude problem.

Again, there's no y-axis.  There is no slope.

>”you're a childish punk with an attitude problem”

no u

>there is no y-axis

that’s why it’s shit

>there is no slope

the values of fact/opinion decrease and increase along an x-axis and a y-axis that should be there. That’s a slope.

I’d bet the average 5th grader could make a more legible graph. Even they wouldn’t forget an entire axis at least.

Edited by Tsilya Tsyganov
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Tsilya Tsyganov said:

no u

Classic projection.  Way to prove you're a troll.

Congrats on being the first person on my ignore list.  

• Downvote 1