Dear TKR- A Hogwarts message

Prefonteen

3 minutes ago, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

Bro you're from Florida. Stop being such a weeb and use fahrenheit like a patriot missile.

Except I'm not. I live here. I wasn't born in FL, or the US for that matter, and English is my second language.

• Upvote 1

gkt70Td.png

2 minutes ago, hadesflames said:

Except I'm not. I live here. I wasn't born in FL, or the US for that matter, and English is my second language.

Quiet Florida man, 

answer for your crimes.

870.gif

5 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

Errrrr..... That's why it's currently a CB, and not Hogwarts getting smeared on the sidewalk right now. Act of war would have all the treaties activated like Yugioh activates trap cards and the guy in question getting a very bad day.

Yeah, but people talking sh*t without anyone getting hit is boring, philosophical and legal considerations notwithstanding.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
I'm not familiar with the forum rules on profanity tbh

3 minutes ago, hadesflames said:

Well, yer in the US now. People are gonna look at you funny if you say you got a temp of 20 something and have a fever. That and the traffic cop's gonna be a bit concerned if you mention that you were going 60 (kmh, but he don't know that) on a 40 mph road.

3 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

Well, yer in the US now. People are gonna look at you funny if you say you got a temp of 20 something and have a fever. That and the traffic cop's gonna be a bit concerned if you mention that you were going 60 (kmh, but he don't know that) on a 40 mph road.

Why are you assuming I would get pulled over in the first place? I got that turbo. ;)

• Upvote 1

gkt70Td.png

3 hours ago, Lordship said:

Hey Partisan.

For quite a while now you have been actively working to undermine us. From PR campaigns in the backchannels to plans to spark a global war.

You plotted behind the scenes to attempt to spark a global war between the two sides by having NK, an ally of ours, along with you, Hogwarts, protect Arrgh. You know full well that we wouldn’t be able to retaliate against NK and that them protecting Arrgh along with you would drive a wedge between us and them. You specifically harbored Arrgh nations in your alliance while they were able to build up their military and then come out of Hogwarts to hit primarily our side.

https://imgur.com/a/lsfQJ

You tried to get other people involved (for example, KT) in your scheme. Your plot didn’t just involve rolling UPN, of course. Given that the result would be global war, you wanted to also roll SK or even Acadia for potentially defending UPN. It doesn’t surprise me at all that some alliances might be pissed and concerned at the fact that you are calling people out for being “worthless parasites”. If you’d be willing to infringe on their sovereignty because you judge them as if you are some sort of god and can do what you please, don’t be surprised when others start to worry about how you’d justify hitting them. You may try to exert your clout on the game and it’s politics but don’t be surprised when people see you for what you are and defend themselves accordingly.

Every week it seemed there was a new rumor. A rumor mill you gleefully played your part in and helped create by posting “ominous” OWF posts and vague messages in multiple alliances channels. https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20973-a-hogwarts-courtesy-warning-you-know-who-you-are/&page=1

Is Hogwarts going to attack UPN? Are they going to attack us? Every week there was something new you were doing. Why are they sheltering Arrgh? Never once during any of this did you ever reach out to us. All we got were vaguely threatening messages and more Arrgh hits (They didn’t even all leave at once so you can’t argue that you were caught unaware). You can work to nitpick these points as you no doubt will try. But the reality is you spun your web, plotted to undermine us and got caught. Now here we are.

To address your specific post

“The designed plan would see us employ arrgh ghosts to strike UPN and dare any comers to fight us.”

Here you fail to mention how you tried to get others on board, namely NK and KT, knowing full well it would put us in a very awkward position and either make it look like we are divided or that we are not respecting NK’s protection of Arrgh. Given that NK is a TKR ally it would also potentially drive a wedge between TKR and it’s other allies because we wouldn’t be able to help in a situation against NK.

“The notion of the plan was indifferent in nature: It was a strike for the sake of fun. Entertainment for all. But also one where both sides were placed in a position where they had to think, and where rough decisions had to be made. We figured, that this would spur drama and political activity. “

Except it is actually not indifferent, and is rather cold and calculating in nature, despite your rhetoric that it is. You have been talking about creating an “awakening” in the politics and using this as a means to achieve that goal simply fits your MO.

“Unfortunately, elements of the plan were leaked prematurely by select parties, and so we decided to shut the effort down. The window of opportunity had closed, and Hogwarts returned to its standard operations. The world continued spinning. Real life sprung on me and I delegated responsibilities to the alliance in my absence. “

That’s not how it works bud. You nearly set off an explosive. The mens rea was very much there and you cannot simply use suddenly getting busy in real life as an excuse to wipe yourself clean from wrongdoing.

“This situation persisted until recently our ally, Sparta, decided to strike another ally (GOB) out of boredom. Though rough choice, we opted to honor our agreement and defend our ally, who happened to be an ally of TKR as well.”

Yes, the very unfortunate situation presented itself to you and you were forced to choose between two shitty hands. I am not sure why you mention Grumpy being an ally of TKR in this sentence, seems very out of place considering you didn’t communicate with us throughout the entire process and even played into some misconceptions of a possible hit on TKR proper by sending me menacing messages and music videos. Again, fits your MO.

"This brings us to now. Hogwarts has finished its war with Sparta but finds itself occupied with picking up the pieces in the aftermath of what defacto be called an intra-ally war. The Knights Radiant has evidently identified a state of vulnerability in what I can only imagine they view as a rival and/or threat, and has opted to move accordingly. Piggybacking on injuries sustained during a war fought to defend their own ally, they have engaged in the typical diplomatic offensive which precedes military action - action which has been confirmed at this point by various sources-."

Well I think anybody would be threatened by your intentionally misleading behavior, considering all of the intel which was confirmed by Hidude and some other Arrgh guys right before and during the Grumpy-Sparta war. Why would TKR see you as a rival? Up until we received confirmation of your schemes, we had no real issues with you, certainly none to warrant an aggressive action or to build military. Don’t flatter yourself. We would fight you even if you were fresh out of the shower once we ran into the very incriminating intel.

"Though their backroom movements have been quite visible due to leaks, they have thus far dodged and deflected requests for clarification while their member nations spiked their military.  The Knights Radiant's interference for their own grudges and ambitions in what was supposed to be a secluded (and fun for all) affair presents a strong contrast with their preachings for isolated small scale wars and dynamic politics."

Why on earth would I give you any info if we were planning to mount an offensive? I mean you’re just pulling things out of nowhere now. Exactly what grudge? Exactly what ambition? Is it so wrong to support one’s allies in their attempt to defend themselves from your plots to not only infringe upon their sovereignty but also attempt to put them at odds with not only each other but the other side of the web as well? That is very hypocritical of you to say, considering you literally planned for the scheme to go global.

"The bottomline is simple: Hogwarts with its handful of nations does not posess the punching power to fight off a horde of 200/300/400 nations. Mathematically impossible, the situation presented is a papers please v2 with a flimsier CB, a more unfortunate timing and a smaller, historically less beligerent defendant."

Of course you don’t, which is why you were trying to garner support for your schemes and ran off when we decided to put an end to it. Apples and Pears. The context is different and so is the CB. Which, I might add, is very much waterproof.

You do know KT has also harbored Arrgh nations before and so has CKD.

Put 'em in a body bag Lordship.

Also hidude did nothing wrong. Not his alliance. Not his sphere. Not his scheme. 

You can leak anyone's shit if it's not a friend or obligation to keep secret.

Also why the hell would IQ burn for UPN. UPN has a supremacy clause for Rose.

If anything Acadia should just not honor the UPN treaty and take the "PR" hit from Easy Mode since it's not like they aren't already shitting on them daily. Then let a war breakout and then hit the winner. That'd be the smarter plan. Who cares about PR in such a polarized world?

Edited by ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ

I have deja vu.....that or whiplash.  Not sure which or both.  Partisans' WoT's bring back memories.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Lordship said:

We didn't know for sure back then, but everything was confirmed on the KT radio show as well as subsequent conversations. The fact that you were tied up defending Grumpy was pure coincidence, not something we "waited" on.

So let me get this straight: TKR (Semi? Ionno)spearheads a coalition of 4 or so alliances and hundreds of nations to hit 17 nations over a "scheme" which would see a third party hit(UPN- ally's ally for you), and have given you control over how it played (After that, ball'd be in your court).

Looks to me like a gross miscalculation. The point here is not one of "hit me or not". I think we both know you will, and I think we both know that if given the chance, you'd pounce to remove a handful of potential upper tier opposition from the map. That's absolutely fine, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking you haven't gone out on a limb here.

Yeah, doesn't change the fact that it was menacing in nature, which is the core issue. This issue, in particular, is irrelevant to the cb by the way, which you seem to be trying to take attention away from :P 

Lordship, do you realize that I am merely counterpointing whatever you bring up as components of your "waterproof" and "airtight" CB? If this was irrelevant, why are you:

A) Mispresenting political interactions by ignoring actual diplomatic attempts and conversation while zoning in on shenanigans

B)B)B ) Presenting said misrepresentation as a supposedly incriminating factor to build your CB?

I'm most certainly not going to try to take attention away from that :P.

A predisposition brought about by the way you operate in public channels :P 

A notion promptly debunked by the fact that there was dialogue (and willingness to dialogue) aplenty. You merely chose to zero in on the "public channel operations". A choice on your part does not immediately make it a fact. :P

Already answered, didn't have concrete proof, and the timing was completely incidental which I have said multiple times. Are we going to just repeat ourselves? Like you said, you are being cynical.

I am most certainly cynical. You learn that eventually in these games. Doesn't really seem relevant to this conversation though. 

I disagree with your premise because you're implying we'd be afraid to fight you if you hadn't just helped Grumpy fend off Sparta. But your hand was certainly in the cookie jar! That's really the only point being made here, and you are acknowledging it, so anything else is just fluff at this point.

Doing the whole "OMG YOU'RE SAYING X OR Y" thing again I see. We've been over this in query prior to this thread: Try to have an eye for detail. It will help your narrative. When you call out an admission or contradiction, it looks a bit silly when it doesn't stick.
My cookie jar comment (with the addendum "if you want to") is merely a continuation of your analogy. That indulgence does not equate to acknowledgement. The problem in this situation is that you have somewhat of a case to make with regards to "PARTISAN PLOTTED SOMETHING", but all the crap you spun around it to make it stick is well, fluff.
- You're a third party (Ally's ally) acting on a 2-month old CB which really, should and would be UPN's to present and push. A month ago. Yet UPN is both quiet and demilitarized. And with that, the majority of your "CB" falls apart. You were not going to be hit. Your ally was not going to be hit. Both of you were going to have the luxury of choice, and neither of you was in any real imminent danger due to the balance of power.
- The fluff spun around your 2-month old transferable CB (is that a thing now?) basically revolves around "Partisan threatened us and said mean things and didn't do diplomacy!". A notion which can be and has been debunked by the fact that there was plenty of private discourse sprinkled across.

We figured that was the case because of your hostility towards our alliances in particular, but the point remains and it does not at all alter the justification.

I see. So you cede the point that it's quite possible that I was not gunning for you or your ally, but you "figured that was the case because I said some mean (read: critical) things? How exactly does the point remain? It does not. You stated that I was actively gunning for Rose (and you). Now you cede that you're making gross assumptions. Something that you have been doing throughout this thread. That's not how this works.

Not really. The fact remains that you had your hand in the cookie jar, and you don't deny it, so that's good at least. But your defense of "I was goona shoot you but don't be mad man, I was gonna shoot them too" doesn't hold up heh

Please see my previous comment: You have been making plenty of assumptions. The above is merely an example.

No. Your frame is that my defense is "I was gonna shoot you both so dont be mad", and indeed, on its own that would not hold up. So I can see why you are pushing that line. It's incorrect though:  My defense is that you are running a CB that isn't yours to run, and that you have spun a whole web of bullshit around it to make that initial CB stick. Before coming to that core point, I had to let you drivel a little to see what you'd present.
I'm sorely disappointed.

1. That is a very arrogant thing to say lol

I was unaware that realism equates to arrogance. The point however stands: Your initial argument that we were supposedly gunning for you just does not hold, and in light of it the idea of hitting UPN would be nonsensical: It'd be better for me to simply seek out IQ and straight up offer the services of both myself and any allies/friends I may or may not have. We did not do that.

If you did not want this to become a point of contention, you should not have opened your narrative with "OMG YOU WERE GUNNING FOR OUR ALLIES". Because clearly, we weren't.

2. Whether it was over 2 months or 3-4 days, doesn't really matter because the point remains that your hand was in the cookie jar. The semantics aren't relevant to the CB further than you were plotting, we confirmed, we responded.

That's the thing. The "semantics" are most certainly relevant because A) you brought them up as components of your initial CB, and they are proven to be untruth, twisted, or assumed in a lot of cases. That takes away from the credibility and I daresay the legitimacy of your CB: After all, your "reason" is not as you portray it to be.

You are free to "respond" if you feel threatened. But let's call it that then, rather than "responding to you plotting, scheming and gunning for us". You're preemptively taking out a perceived threat using an old transferable CB shrouded in crap.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

7 hours ago, Agent W said:

When will this game realize that CB's and arguing over them is a pointless exercise. The strong destroy the weak because it is their right. I hope Lordship will come to realize what he must do.

Eh... it's not that simple.  People do battle in order to win, but if the strong destroy the weak, then people leave and the game dies.  You end up with a consolidated few sitting on top while nobody else even bothers trying.  

There comes a point where the strong have to engage each other to maintain a competition.  That's where CBs come into play.  People are trying to figure out if they can trust each other while competing among greater targets.

6 hours ago, Azaghul said:

I was going to read all the walls of text in this thread but.  effort.gif

It's not a matter of effort as much as a matter of interpretation.

There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on that so many of us aren't aware of.

Reading through is like trying to do a logic puzzle on the LSAT where you have to figure out what at least might or might not happen based on partial information...

...and even if you do figure it out, you still have to interpret what you figure out according to the intentions of the players involved.  

For all intents and purposes, this entire thread could be an act between Lordship and Partisan just to draw someone else out.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rapmanej said:

It does sound like we've got the perfect Partisan v Lordship debate for Thalmor's show tomorrow night. 

More words >_< 

Haven't we seen enough of them here, now we need to listen to em?

9 hours ago, hadesflames said:

It's the middle of the night in Autumn though... 27 degrees in the middle of the night in the middle of October is relatively hot.

But it's not spring. It's Autumn. And it's the middle of the night. The sun isn't even out.

Autumn in the northern hemisphere, but Spring in the southern one.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

21 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

It's not a matter of effort as much as a matter of interpretation.

There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on that so many of us aren't aware of.

Reading through is like trying to do a logic puzzle on the LSAT where you have to figure out what at least might or might not happen based on partial information...

...and even if you do figure it out, you still have to interpret what you figure out according to the intentions of the players involved.  

For all intents and purposes, this entire thread could be an act between Lordship and Partisan just to draw someone else out.  

Huh. So that's how it looks on the outside. While I can't say anything for things going into actual fighting, for TFP, we and a few other guys got a little paranoid with Hogwarts. After the last secret attack attempt by Partisan got foiled, a public announcement of going to hit someone kinda set off alarm bells of "Oh shit he has enough support to do it without secrecy". As such, and also considering that Sparta had just surprise blitzed Grumpy while Grumpy had their pants down, we felt it was in the best interest to pull our pants up and mobilize in order to not get killed by whatever initial horror Partisan had.

23 minutes ago, hadesflames said:

So? I don't live in the southern hemisphere. It was 27 degrees in autumn for me last night. I wish my springs could be so cool.

You want cool? It was -3 degrees C the past two nights (27 F for American nerds). Had to scrap frost off my car windows the past two days :P 

I wish to god I could enjoy the warm weather you live in, don’t take it for granted :) 

• Upvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

48 minutes ago, rapmanej said:

It does sound like we've got the perfect Partisan v Lordship debate for Thalmor's show tomorrow night. 

Lordship should be allowed to bring someone along with him to make it fair I think. It's just a mismatch otherwise. 

• Upvote 1