Dear TKR- A Hogwarts message

Prefonteen

Partisan defense literally:

"You have no CB against me because I was going to attack other people besides you too!"

Please up your spin game this is a terrible show Partisan.

• Upvote 4

XLL3z4T.gif

Why are people just sitting around? Oh right, there is not one major political power that isn't a complete pixel hugger. The easiest way to be a major political power is this strategy which TKR and the like have employed to varying degrees, TKR having employed multiple schemes and PR campaigns as well as hiding behind the large conglomerate of allies, see TEst and Partisan for other strategies that do not involve pixel hugging. And let's be real here folks, just because you enter a war and perform beautiful blitzes doesn't mean you're not a pixel hugger. Completely drenching yourselves with allies so you'll never really get rolled or even take that much damage is, in my opinion, the more realistic definition of the term, at least in this era of PnW. This strategy was viable when you had a sphere larger than yours or of equal size, but to stick to such an obsolete political model and then cry about the game not being fun anymore is just.... confusing? The cognitive dissonance is too much for one human to handle.

Edited by Leoben
  • Upvote 3

Look.  Even I'm a philosopher who appreciates abstract concepts...

...but when you're talking about concrete actions, you need concrete proof, not supposition.  This thread is really boiling down to he said/she said about supposed things going on behind the scenes which a lot of people don't have a clue about.

Maybe you guys should take this to PMs or DMs... or get a room.  At first, reading how this was published was nice to get insight, but by this point, it's just giving a headache.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Leoben said:

Why are people just sitting around? Oh right, there is not one major political power that isn't a complete pixel hugger. You usually have to be in order to be a major power (with the exception of TEst). And let's be real here folks, just because you enter a war and perform beautiful blitzes doesn't mean you're not a pixel hugger. Completely drenching yourselves with allies so you'll never really get rolled or even take that much damage is, in my opinion, the more realistic definition of the term, at least in this era of PnW. This strategy was viable when you had a sphere larger than yours or of equal size, but to stick to such an obsolete political model and then cry about the game not being fun anymore is just.... confusing? The cognitive dissonance is too much for one human to handle.

You do realize Sparta did the blitz, but Grumpy had the allies, right?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Don Juan said:

Says "Hi Hope 10/18/2017 Thalmor"

I know, but still looked like Hi hope lolis 2017 Thalmor when I first looked at it. Needed Lilyum to point out that it's the date, not a word.

12 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

Thalmor, you gotta use marker next time. I read that as "Hi, Hope lolis 2017 -Thalmor"

Don't worry Thalmor's just into lolis.

• Upvote 6

"YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! EVEN MY FAMILY - EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!"

image.png.fe2319f8af6b9ffb33486c0f39b5f7b9.png

1 hour ago, Lordship said:

Again with this "we were gonna do it to them too" rhetoric. And again I say, just because you would have done it to IQ as well doesn't mean our qualms with you are not valid. 

Correct. But it does mean that one of the key points in your narrative - that I was gunning for your allies in particular - is factually invalid. That's a big distinction to make and I will keep hammering on it until you realize that.

You say it incentivizes alliances when really it *forces* them into making realpolitik decisions. Which again, shows you infringing on alliances sovereignty by forcing them to play the way *you* want them to play. Which is definitely a horrible thing.

No it does not force them to do anything. I am not jumping in their government holding a gun to their heads and telling them to do what I want. I'm creating a scenario where alliances who who move proactively are rewarded. There's a different because of the inclusion of free choice. Frankly, this line of arguing on your part is disingenious at best.

No. It gained momentum when we confirmed your plotting by the leaks on KT radio and subsequent conversations with select individuals. Not because you were somehow weakened by the Grumpy defense. Again, would do the same if you were fresh out of the shower.

Aha. When was this radio show?

Not your allies, mine. Not pulling anything out of my ass, just stating empirical facts

There is such a thing as mutual allies. You having an ally is not mutually exclusive with me having an ally ;)

For someone who is "just stating empirical facts", you make an awful lot of assumptions throughout this thread. It's quite interesting.

There was literally zero reason to trust anything you'd say considered we had very recently confirmed your plot, which put us way on edge. May be shits and giggles for you but when it fits the same MO that you have been operating under for quite a while, you can easily see how it would be menacing to a party that thought there was a chance you'd hit them.  So why give up a potentially strategic advantage of having superior intel for the sake of listening to words we wouldn't trust either way?

You mean the same M.O. which persisted far before we became a "threat" to you and before our "plot"? I can see how that consistency feels menacing.

1. It's a good thing we found out about this plot then before you could "turn us into a crater". Your arrogance is astounding lol

2. You were garnering support as you developed the plot, when your support fell through it got scrapped. You were still plotting, and deserve to be treated as such. Again, the mens rea was there.

3. *Whale noises*

1. It's not arrogance. It's statistical knowledge and the ability to piece together a hypothetical scenario.

2.Correct. You made it appear as if the garnering occurred over a longer period of time, rather than just the brief (few day) window during which the plot was developed. As long as you understand and remember that distinction, we're fine.

os9LcJK.gif

10 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

"You have no CB against me because I was going to attack other people besides you too!"

Imagine what you could accomplish on these forums if you retired. 

FPk3Q73.gif

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Sketchy said:

Lordship/Sketchy's prosecution literally:

"You committed a crime because you posted mean videos".

Please up your spin game. This is a terrible show Sketchy.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Im still waiting to see this magnificent, waterproof, airtight cb that they claim to have. It must be something so magical not even us wizards are privy to. 
Oh well i guess in due time they will eventually find one otherwise we would already be at war. Tis a shame that there is all this foreplay yet nothing comes of it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tywin Lannister said:

Fun fact: TKR had no problem in hitting me and Warpool when we left Sparta and were in Political Pirates. I wonder what's the problem now. I can link you to where the members are if that's an issue.

I didn't know HW and Political Pirates had a non-aggression pact like TKR and NK do. /s

• Upvote 1

gkt70Td.png

1 minute ago, Tywin Lannister said:

Shouldn't TKR be cancelling that pact and attacking or something? They have a waterproof CB, haven't you heard? 

Okay so even if they were planning to cancel, did you know that they would have to wait 72 hours before they could attack? Has it been 72 hours yet?

gkt70Td.png

Just now, hadesflames said:

Okay so even if they were planning to cancel, did you know that they would have to wait 72 hours before they could attack? Has it been 72 hours yet?

But with such a strong, waterproof cb do you think they would really wait and give Hogwarts the 72 hour advantage

I would assume they would give the notice so that countdown can start and let everyone else know too perhaps. Has the notice been given already? Please enlighten us. Would be very interesting if they haven't given the notice yet though! 

Just now, General BAMF said:

But with such a strong, waterproof cb do you think they would really wait and give Hogwarts the 72 hour advantage

Don't get cocky because you're hiding behind nuke bloc.

EDIT: Be gracious.

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

I didn't know HW and Political Pirates had a non-aggression pact like TKR and NK do. /s

Maybe not, but TKR has been making noises about how Hogwarts members have been scattering and how solid their CB against hogwarts members is. NK, or more specifically apeman, has been making ape noises, and besides, there's still players in Hogwarts proper, so the way that both sides (Hogwarts and TKR) have been making noises but not putting pixels on the line is what Tywin is calling them out on.

TKR, you've literally been told that Hogwarts members are being sheltered by NK, are you going to do anything about it? Cancel NAP maybe?

1 minute ago, hadesflames said:

They haven't even cancelled at all, unless it's hidden deep in those text walls that I didn't read.