Recognition of War Sparta

Sweeeeet Ronny D

1 minute ago, Caecus said:

Perhaps you are right. Who the hell am I to say anything about this war or Spartan leadership? I don't give a damn about either side. I'm not even sure if either side is allied to my alliance. Hell, I'm not even in leadership! I guess the only reason why I think I have any right to interject here is because I (a lowly, obscure member of the infamous Alpha with no saying in its government or politics, let alone on the world stage) have more foresight than at least one of your leaders. 

This shows your lack of foresight though if anything. Sparta never wanted to win really or play a huge political game/move. It was just about having some fun and enjoying along the way. They didn't care about their in-game pixels so 3000 infra or 300 infra made no difference. Most of the individuals in Sparta were going to rogue alone at some point in the near future anyway so it was better to do it collectively. Sparta leadership just did what the entire alliance wanted, a fun fight where we all have fun. They succeeded in their plan to have fun, and that is the ultimate victory. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

This shows your lack of foresight though if anything. Sparta never wanted to win really or play a huge political game/move. It was just about having some fun and enjoying along the way. They didn't care about their in-game pixels so 3000 infra or 300 infra made no difference. Most of the individuals in Sparta were going to rogue alone at some point in the near future anyway so it was better to do it collectively. Sparta leadership just did what the entire alliance wanted, a fun fight where we all have fun. They succeeded in their plan to have fun, and that is the ultimate victory. 

Oh, no, I'm not talking about this fight (though depending on who you talk to, it is also a short-sighted move). I'm talking about the time when Sparta suicided itself because one incompetent leader wanted to join TEst and hoped that half of the alliance would join, and the other half would !@#$ off. "Cutting the fat" is what they called it, if memory serves.

Again, I have no skin in this game. You guys want to go out on a suicide run, it's entirely irrelevant to me. Just don't pretend like you guys were all ready to disband your alliance again when the war doesn't go in your favor. Oh my, already talking about a "fun fight?" Frankly, your rhetoric here sounds a bit defeatist. Have you guys already lost the war that fast, or does your leadership plan on ditching half of its members and screwing its allies again? Does Sparta even have allies? I honestly don't know jack shit about the new Sparta, only that it's not going to exist for very long.  

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

1 minute ago, Caecus said:

Oh, no, I'm not talking about this fight (though depending on who you talk to, it is also a short-sighted move). I'm talking about the time when Sparta suicided itself because one incompetent leader wanted to join TEst and hoped that half of the alliance would join, and the other half would !@#$ off. "Cutting the fat" is what they called it, if memory serves.

Again, I have no skin in this game. You guys want to go out on a suicide run, it's entirely irrelevant to me. Just don't pretend like you guys were all ready to disband your alliance again when the war doesn't go in your favor. Oh my, already talking about a "fun fight?" Frankly, your rhetoric here sounds a bit defeatist. Have you guys already lost the war that fast, or does your leadership plan on ditching half of its members and screwing its allies again? Does Sparta even have allies? I honestly don't know jack shit about the new Sparta, only that it's not going to exist for very long.  

"I honestly don't know jack shit about the new Sparta" is basically the answer here. 

21 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

"I honestly don't know jack shit about the new Sparta" is basically the answer here. 

You are missing the last part of that sentence. Since you have such a hard time reading, I've left it here:

"...only that it's not going to exist for very long."

But please, by all means, prove me wrong. Not that I really expect anything from Sparta, but it would be quite an achievement for yourselves that you find your alliance intact after this war. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

7 minutes ago, Caecus said:

You are missing the last part of that sentence. Since you have such a hard time reading, I've left it here:

"...only that it's not going to exist for very long."

But please, by all means, prove me wrong. Not that I really expect anything from Sparta, but it would be quite an achievement for yourselves that you find your alliance intact after this war. 

But that's the point you are missing, people don't care about the game anymore. Just like majority of Mensa left the game, same is the issue with Sparta. The difference is, Sparta decided to collectively roll out and have some fun. It's less an alliance in-game and more a collection of friends. I was only a part of it for 1-2 months at maximum but the core members of Sparta, who I knew back from TEst, are sound, which is why I will defend them here. It most probably will still exist on paper, but even if it doesn't, it has nothing to do with this attack and everything to do with the sorry state of the game. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

But that's the point you are missing, people don't care about the game anymore. Just like majority of Mensa left the game, same is the issue with Sparta. The difference is, Sparta decided to collectively roll out and have some fun. It's less an alliance in-game and more a collection of friends. I was only a part of it for 1-2 months at maximum but the core members of Sparta, who I knew back from TEst, are sound, which is why I will defend them here. It most probably will still exist on paper, but even if it doesn't, it has nothing to do with this attack and everything to do with the sorry state of the game. 

This is 100% accurate  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

Blame the game, not the players. Can't say I haven't heard that one before. 

28 minutes ago, Vosunda said:

I love seeing Caecus still butthurt and spouting the same drivel about that situation.

And I love seeing you pretend like you have any leadership skills! 

Why Sparta exists in the first place is beyond me. You would think that even the most stupid and incompetent people wouldn't make the same damn mistake twice, yet here we are: me predicting that you would epically fail, and you proving my prediction correct.  

Also, nobody answered my question yet! Does Sparta even have allies?

Edited by Caecus
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Caecus said:

Blame the game, not the players. Can't say I haven't heard that one before. 

And I love seeing you pretend like you have any leadership skills! 

Why Sparta exists in the first place is beyond me. You would think that even the most stupid and incompetent people wouldn't make the same damn mistake twice, yet here we are: me predicting that you would epically fail, and you proving my prediction correct.  

Also, nobody answered my question yet! Does Sparta even have allies?

Leadership skills? Allies? Who cares man?  Why are you so mad? 

11 minutes ago, HoffaKnows said:

Leadership skills? Allies? Who cares man?  Why are you so mad? 

2 minutes ago, Rip Hunter said:

Because majority of you guys betrayed your ally in Alpha back then and had them rolled for 3+ months? Kinda obvious.

Oh, I'm over that. 

I just wanted to point out the fact that only Sparta's leadership would be stupid enough to make the same mistakes and suicide themselves twice. Everyone else here learned that you shouldn't treaty with Sparta the first time you decided to run yourselves in the ground, only Sparta seems to have a hard time with learning from their past mistakes. 

When you all inevitably reform your broken alliance with the same incompetent leadership 6 months from now, I'm hoping that some members of Sparta (those that don't deserve Sparta's poor leadership) will remember that you guys can't learn from your own stupid mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Caecus said:

Oh, I'm over that. 

I just wanted to point out the fact that only Sparta's leadership would be stupid enough to make the same mistakes and suicide themselves twice. Everyone else here learned that you shouldn't treaty with Sparta the first time you decided to run yourselves in the ground, only Sparta seems to have a hard time with learning from their past mistakes. 

When you all inevitably reform your broken alliance with the same incompetent leadership 6 months from now, I'm hoping that some members of Sparta (those that don't deserve Sparta's poor leadership) will remember that you guys can't learn from your own stupid mistakes. 

You act like we thought no one else would jump in, or that we care about your opinion. I see why you feel the way you do though. You are wrong however. Good to see you trying ?? 

I may have no skin in this game, but it looks like I'm just an Grumpy Old Bastard. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

We would have to recruit more women into the game. Good luck with that.

I play another game where 90% of the female players like to fool around behind the scenes.  

You have to be willing to RP a character in a soap opera to get with them though.  :-P

9 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

Just because someone says Sam's a she doesn't make it so.

Even traps team together sometimes.

Besides, everyone knows Samwise from LOTR.

There are no girls on the internet.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, ϟħ̧i̧ᖷɫ̵γ͘ ̶ϟɫΓåπ҉გ℥̨Γ said:

We would have to recruit more women into the game. Good luck with that.

No reason not to go with a Politics & Whores game and replace alliances with brothels. Everyone knows men are the biggest whores. Will work just fine, no massive update needed.

3 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I play another game where 90% of the female players like to fool around behind the scenes.  

You have to be willing to RP a character in a soap opera to get with them though.  :-P

The game you play is 100% male and you're all high-key ghey. Congrats, but Coming Out Day was Monday.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Samwise said:

There are no girls on the internet.

Too true. lol

Once in a while, you bump into a lady though. :-P

4 hours ago, Queen M said:

The game you play is 100% male and you're all high-key ghey. Congrats, but Coming Out Day was Monday.

giphy.gif

That's what I thought for the first year and a half I played it.  I thought it was full of genderfakers who were just trying to screw around and get on people's nerves...

...until I started going on Skype calls and realized I was being a bit cynical.

Also, the IC politics are loaded with feminine favoritism and matriarchy, and the way characters are RPed just seems feminine.  It's not too intense, there's quite a bit of sensitivity, and the way the drama plays out isn't confrontational at all.  It's all about beating around the bush.  Anyone who's direct gets the silent treatment.  

Some people say to succeed in the game, you have to know how to herd cats... in more than one way.

56 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

Too true. lol

Once in a while, you bump into a lady though. :-P

That's what I thought for the first year and a half I played it.  I thought it was full of genderfakers who were just trying to screw around and get on people's nerves...

...until I started going on Skype calls and realized I was being a bit cynical.

Also, the IC politics are loaded with feminine favoritism and matriarchy, and the way characters are RPed just seems feminine.  It's not too intense, there's quite a bit of sensitivity, and the way the drama plays out isn't confrontational at all.  It's all about beating around the bush.  Anyone who's direct gets the silent treatment.  

Some people say to succeed in the game, you have to know how to herd cats... in more than one way.

Those chicks are the worst kind though. They sleep around in RL and get animalistic pleasure from it, thinking they're sex goddesses, but once they realize they're just fresh meat for guys, it starts to hurt. So they seek internet validation from guys who just want to mess around with them or actually want to start something. That way they can sort of feel like someone actually gives a shit about them despite it being the contrary. If you can't get both pleasure and emotional attachment from one person, the alternative is to seek it out in parts from strangers.

Sounds like the feminine favoritism and matriarchy really means a very catty, snide, and overall toxic community. I mean shit, politics here can be a circlejerk, but damn could you imagine if the players in the hegemoney and IQ were all women? Holy hell, it'd be like the biggest text walls and loads of crying over voice chat. Man, the drama here would be insane.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1