Recognition of War Sparta

Sweeeeet Ronny D

On 10/10/2017 at 7:41 PM, Jim Beam said:

And what disadvantages is this? There city count?  Or the fact there all whales?  Do you have to tell everyone that there going to be attacked in P&W or should your Alliance just be prepared. Shame on them for being unprepared. Unless I'm playing Politics and tell who you are going to attack you might not ought to decom and cry. 

We in Sparta have nothing against GOB but the fact that we were close. For us it was an up hill battle but knowing SRD they would be more then prepared. We enjoy the fact that GOB are willing to fight us one on one. They have said they would not be cowards and ask for help. We have told them that we would enjoy a fair fight and that is what we are doing. 

Hats off to SRD and all of GOB

That's some nice propaganda you got there. 

I wasn't exactly unprepared. I was one day from max military. I was working during your initial update blitz, and was finally able to login about 3 hours post update. Due to a well executed blitz, by that time, you guys had taken 1,728 aircraft off of me. I was already hosed. You can argue that I should've had full military and quit my job, but no alliance is going to mandate that their members have 100% military, 100% of the time - let alone be active 100% of the time.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:53 AM, seabasstion said:

"We are large nations that can take care of ourselves"

I do take care of myself. I pay for all my Gladian needs including, but not limited to: Cities, Infra, Resources, Warchest, Hookers, Blow, etc... 

But you can spin that statement however you like. The fact is, we (Grumpy) are in an alliance for the purposes of mutual defense. While each individual nation is expected to defend themselves, that's not where it stops as your interpretation would suggest. We are expected to defend each other. We are also not neutral, and devoted to defending our allies. That goes both ways. Truthfully, we share just about the same purpose as any other alliance out there. 

----------

Anyway, thanks for the fun. I was bored too!

• Upvote 5

Hence, we see why this game is called Politics and War.

Anyone who plays this game for its war mechanics is wasting one's time.  There are tons of better wargames out there to play.

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Samwise said:

That's some nice propaganda you got there. 

I wasn't exactly unprepared. I was one day from max military. I was working during your initial update blitz, and was finally able to login about 3 hours post update. Due to a well executed blitz, by that time, you guys had taken 1,728 aircraft off of me. I was already hosed. You can argue that I should've had full military and quit my job, but no alliance is going to mandate that their members have 100% military, 100% of the time - let alone be active 100% of the time.

I do take care of myself. I pay for all my Gladian needs including, but not limited to: Cities, Infra, Resources, Warchest, Hookers, Blow, etc... 

But you can spin that statement however you like. The fact is, we (Grumpy) are in an alliance for the purposes of mutual defense. While each individual nation is expected to defend themselves, that's not where it stops as your interpretation would suggest. We are expected to defend each other. We are also not neutral, and devoted to defending our allies. That goes both ways. Truthfully, we share just about the same purpose as any other alliance out there. 

----------

Anyway, thanks for the fun. I was bored too!

This is why I have Sam, she is the smart one on our team, and helps neutralize like 85% of my stupidity.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

This is why I have Sam, she is the smart one on our team, and helps neutralize like 85% of my stupidity.

Holy crap Sam is a she? all this time I have been calling her dude or bro!

I guess my eyes aren't what they used to be in the early 1800's.

image.jpg

eastwood.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

You actually knew that, but your senility is showing up again.

Oh i'm senile too? I thought I was just Blind, Cranky and Crazy.

Are you my doctor kind fossil?

eastwood.jpg

Just because someone says Sam's a she doesn't make it so.

Even traps team together sometimes.

Besides, everyone knows Samwise from LOTR.

• Upvote 1

From my understanding, the alliance is quite strong collectively, but suffers from poor leadership. Sparta seemed to always had poor leadership. The sheer lack of foresight, combined with stupid, self-destructive actions has left it disbanded and scattered on the fan.

I'm calling it now, Sparta will disband and break up after this war. It's leadership is simply too incompetent for it to exist. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

38 minutes ago, Caecus said:

From my understanding, the alliance is quite strong collectively, but suffers from poor leadership. Sparta seemed to always had poor leadership. The sheer lack of foresight, combined with stupid, self-destructive actions has left it disbanded and scattered on the fan.

I'm calling it now, Sparta will disband and break up after this war. It's leadership is simply too incompetent for it to exist. 

Always amusing to see someone from Alpha saying this. If you guys survived, so can Sparta as they are far smarter than you. Plus Sparta had the balls to actually do something instead of shouting nuke bloc nuke bloc and being absolutely and utterly useless. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

Always amusing to see someone from Alpha saying this. If you guys survived, so can Sparta as they are far smarter than you. Plus Sparta had the balls to actually do something instead of shouting nuke bloc nuke bloc and being absolutely and utterly useless. 

You should know your Spartan history before you make such a bold statement. Might I recommend the wiki? Specifically, the section where Spartan leadership deliberately suicided and ran itself into the ground. Sparta as a collective whole might be smart, but it's leadership certainly isn't. Assuming that we agree foresight and competence are characteristics of the "smart." 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

1 hour ago, Caecus said:

You make a mistake in assuming we care. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HoffaKnows said:

You make a mistake in assuming we care. 

Spoken like true Spartan leadership. Bravo. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Caecus said:

Spoken like true Spartan leadership. Bravo. 

I remember whooping you last year when a lot of people said the same thing about Alpha. Poor leadership and stuff like that. I see you’re still around. Good job on proving your detractors wrong ??

28 minutes ago, Caecus said:

You should know your Spartan history before you make such a bold statement. Might I recommend the wiki? Specifically, the section where Spartan leadership deliberately suicided and ran itself into the ground. Sparta as a collective whole might be smart, but it's leadership certainly isn't. Assuming that we agree foresight and competence are characteristics of the "smart." 

I do remember the whole fiasco, just like how I remember how smart Alpha was too! Someone from tS may claim Sparta to not be the smartest alliance, sure, but not Alpha... 

4 hours ago, Felkey said:

Perhaps we should make a new game called Politics and Whores?

We would have to recruit more women into the game. Good luck with that.

23 minutes ago, HoffaKnows said:

I remember whooping you last year when a lot of people said the same thing about Alpha. Poor leadership and stuff like that. I see you’re still around. Good job on proving your detractors wrong ??

Ah, then you must have not been in Sparta during that time. Otherwise, you would have known that Sparta was a shit ally, and that it's kind of their fault. Also, Sparta disbanded after the fiasco, so technically, the current Sparta today wasn't the exact same turd it was then, the original Sparta isn't technically still around. I'm just arguing that the only thing you guys did was reform the exact same alliance with the same poor leadership and a different flag after getting your asses handed to you by the Syndisphere during the paperless phase. 

7 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

I do remember the whole fiasco, just like how I remember how smart Alpha was too! Someone from tS may claim Sparta to not be the smartest alliance, sure, but not Alpha... 

Perhaps you are right. Who the hell am I to say anything about this war or Spartan leadership? I don't give a damn about either side. I'm not even sure if either side is allied to my alliance. Hell, I'm not even in leadership! I guess the only reason why I think I have any right to interject here is because I (a lowly, obscure member of the infamous Alpha with no saying in its government or politics, let alone on the world stage) have more foresight than at least one of your leaders.