The Billion Dollar Orbis Poker Tournament

Syrano

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Orbis Poker League (OPL) would like to invite you all to our grandest event:
                                                             The first official Texas Hold'em Orbis Poker Tournament! 

We will host a two-day, live streamed event, with 18 players at two tables, of Orbis best and brightest poker stars, competing for a
grand prize of 1 BILLION Orbis Dollars!
We currently have (edit) 14/18 player slots filled, so if you are interested in participating, please get in touch with either me or one of our other
managers (Goomy, Seb, Gorge or Abbasmehdi) as soon as possible! Otherwise, please feel free to participate as Spectators! A link to the
website where we are hosting the game, and where you are all invited to spectate, can be found here

The game will take place on the 21-22nd of October, that is, in little under three weeks from today, barring any sudden outbreaks in war or
significant increases in tension, in which case it will be delayed until after these have passed. The first round of the game will begin at
19:00 on the 21st of October. Players are expected to be at their seats no later than 30 minutes before the game. Spectators may come 
and go as they please.

Prize Structure:
                                                                                               4th: $150 Million
                                                                                               3rd: $250 Million
                                                                                               2nd: $500 Million
                                                                                             1st: $1,000 Million

However, the Buy-ins are equally staggering. To join this ultimate Poker event, the buy in is set at $100 Million! And with no way to buy out
half way through, or buy back in for a second chance, our players are risking $100 Million of their own cash to participate! The winner will enter
the elite circle of Orbis billionaires, the losers will need to hold out on building their next city. 

To join our Discord server(edit): https://discord.gg/4netv3
To join our Orbis Poker League games: http://www.bluffave.com/DurmstrangPoker

If you have any questions, write to me or the managers in game or on discord, other than that:
Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you at our big event in 3 weeks!

Syrano 

Edited by Syrano
  • Upvote 1

If you are in the US then you are in luck, it will begin during your early afternoon and not go on for too late, as we are also accommodating European players. It will most likely start at around 7-9pm server time (we'll decide a bit later), that is, I believe, around 2-4pm on varying US times, and will end hopefully no later than 1am server time each night.

I assume players have the ability to auto blind themselves since I would most likely be at work at the start of this tourney?  I assume the blind structure to be pretty slow since you expect this tourney to last two days?  I guess i could just bug you on discord when i get home.

Come bug me on Discord when you get home :D The tournament is being allocated about 5 hours on each of the two days, for a total of 10 hours game time, which is pretty darn short considering. We'll be keeping it in that time frame by adjusting blind levels as necessary. You can auto blind yourself once you've sat down, and that shouldn't be a problem at all on Saturday afternoon when the blinds are low and the table is full - but on Sunday, assuming you make it to the final table, you should definitely be there from the start. 

Anyone who loses this, Come to Emerald bank  for a Loan for you're next city, no one wants to miss the tournament and no one wants to slow growth, have the best of both worlds :P

"LMFAO nazi Goomy is the best Goomy" - Kyubey  "Goomy is Perfect" - Ripper

Some sort of gov for CoS

#RollBezzers2k18

6 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

If you cant afford to play, dont.  Nothing worse than playing with scared money.

If you can't afford to play, but you're actually good at playing the game, come find me on Discord. I've bought four seats and am looking to hire some folks to sit down and win me money. The people I hire won't know who else is hired, although the game masters will know that they're playing with my money (since I've already sent the cash and am now gathering up the people). Precautions are in place to help ensure that cheating and collusion doesn't happen.

As for why I'm doing this, it's smart business sense.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

19 minutes ago, Greene said:

If you can't afford to play, but you're actually good at playing the game, come find me on Discord. I've bought four seats and am looking to hire some folks to sit down and win me money. The people I hire won't know who else is hired, although the game masters will know that they're playing with my money (since I've already sent the cash and am now gathering up the people). Precautions are in place to help ensure that cheating and collusion doesn't happen.

As for why I'm doing this, it's smart business sense.

and if you lose you have another 38 billion to blow 

18 hours ago, Hope said:

and if you lose you have another 38 billion to blow 

Very true...

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Update on how to spectate the game:
Just sign up here and request to join the group OPL, as seen under http://www.bluffave.com/OPL

9 more days until we begin with the biggest spectacle in Orbis History*!

*with the exception of wars, political strife, famous people quitting, rippers cartoon strips, the various news and gameshows, etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 4:35 PM, AkAk said:

Did this happen or not?

Nah, Syrano only got the 100M buy-in from me and some other guy. We'll probably be trying at some point in the future with a smaller buy-in, like 50M. Won't be a 1 billion prize for 1st place but meh...