Military Operations

Amaryllis

Royal Palace, Omni Wintery

"Well this, I should have seen coming," he tossed the folder on the table and looked at the people that made his advisory board, "Let me lay out the facts. Our budget at the moment might not be able to sustain a war if we were to interfere with what's going with the Suez. And I don't think right now we are in the right position to even be sending men in the first place. If we do go in we will have to look at places within our budget to slash and I can tell you the people will not be happy about this and it won't be the usual loud mouths outside the door. Let's add in that this might lead to a fight on our land and I believe the previous reason should be enough to explain why. The most we could offer is what we gave the Germans during the Swedish civil war as well as combat medics and even then that's risky. So unless you can give me legit reasons, I'm going to only allow Wintery interference if absolutely necessary or if asked by ." 

When it loooked as though no one wanted to speak, Ericson nodded and cleared his throat.

"Good, now, our next business, looks like Nihon is also racing to claim land. Personally, I have no issue with them because it does mean less land for Walpurgis; however, I do not appreciate almost being boxed in like this. Thankfully we were able to talk the three provinces to our north about peaceful annexation, so we won't see much of an issue there. The only issue is civillians who want to remain sovereign. Those who have raised this concern with me, I have told them to give those who wish to not fall under Wintery rule ample amount of time to leave north. We won't stop them and we will only become violent if they become violent outside of the usual picket sign."

"Do we have enough men to guard the border along Walpurgis," one member asked. 

Ericson sighed and picked up another folder and shook his head, "Downside to increasing our security there. We stretched ourselves too thin. I've asked they for now secure the borders with their own men until we can establish training within that area to guarantee security. It'll take a while ans I might have to ask Germany for a bit of assistance."

He sighed and considered maybe he should slow down a bit. He also considered apologizing to his mother for that argument concerning her lack of desire to expand the borders. It was giving him a migraine that would never go away.

"We will also have to address possible alternatives to trade with the Suez occupied at the moment," that was an understatment, "But I do believe this is a meeting for military matters and in would prefer to wait until I can get all facts before making a decision. For now, I'll adjourn this meeting." 

• Upvote 2

Nerd To The Core