Have Trump Supporters Been Duped on DACA?

Dubayoo

I don't want to say I told you so, but....

I told you so. 

Also, !@#$, please. This guy grabs people by the !@#$ and still polled at 57%. This guy insulted a gold star family and still got elected. This guy isn't going to lose support because he doesn't want to pull DACA anymore, it's a cult of personality, and conservative media is just as naive as liberal media if they honestly believe that Trump supporters are going to abandon him over this issue. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

15 minutes ago, WISD0MTREE said:

Oh shit, my bad. 43%. I think I was remembering his disapproval rating as president was 57%, not approval as candidate. Either way, goes to show that conservatives are delusional if Trump supporters are going to abandon him over DACA. 

• Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

17 hours ago, Caecus said:

I don't want to say I told you so, but....

I told you so. 

Also, !@#$, please. This guy grabs people by the !@#$ and still polled at 57%. This guy insulted a gold star family and still got elected. This guy isn't going to lose support because he doesn't want to pull DACA anymore, it's a cult of personality, and conservative media is just as naive as liberal media if they honestly believe that Trump supporters are going to abandon him over this issue. 

Eh... if he pulls moves like this, he's liable to lose his cult of personality.  This was the crux of what he ran on, so people will become disillusioned against believing he'll actually change the establishment.  

10 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

Eh... if he pulls moves like this, he's liable to lose his cult of personality.  This was the crux of what he ran on, so people will become disillusioned against believing he'll actually change the establishment.  

The crux Trump ran on was Trump himself. 

9 hours ago, Thalmor said:

Trump supporter here. I still support him. That's never really changed and probably won't.

Literally this. I believe the quote that Trump will be remembered in history for is this: 

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay? It's like, incredible." 

-Donald J. Trump

On 9/15/2017 at 7:06 PM, Caecus said:

This guy isn't going to lose support because he doesn't want to pull DACA anymore, it's a cult of personality, and conservative media is just as naive as liberal media if they honestly believe that Trump supporters are going to abandon him over this issue. 

I believe for the first time you actually are beginning to realize that there is no difference between Conservatives or Liberals. Its a facade and smokescreen to keep us divided as citizens.Someday you might realize how much of the alt-history you post is revised shit too.

On 9/17/2017 at 0:16 AM, Caecus said:

The crux Trump ran on was Trump himself. 

Literally this. I believe the quote that Trump will be remembered in history for is this: 

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay? It's like, incredible." 

-Donald J. Trump

I don't deny that many of his followers are braindead, but the question is a matter of what glues his cult together.

The fact is Trump won the previous election on the most marginal of technicalities.  Enough people will be disillusioned if he keeps this up so he'll become a one-termer the next go-around.

4 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I don't deny that many of his followers are braindead, but the question is a matter of what glues his cult together.

The fact is Trump won the previous election on the most marginal of technicalities.  Enough people will be disillusioned if he keeps this up so he'll become a one-termer the next go-around.

Oh, I'm not denying that if the 2016 election happened again, Trump would not be going to the white house with 33%. The electoral college is !@#$ed up, but it's not that !@#$ed up. I'm just saying that 33% of the people are going to stick with him even if he launched a nuke at Florida (assuming everyone who likes him didn't die in the explosion). I am doubtful there is anything that would turn off Trump voters unless he personally evicted them from their homes or something. 

That being said, if the economy tanks under his watch, I would guess that 33% would drop to upper 20s. Keep in mind, at the bottom of the housing market and the geostrategic quagmire of a desert Vietnam, Bush still polled at around 25% so there is at least a quarter of Americans who are too damn stupid to give a shit. 

1 hour ago, Caecus said:

Oh, I'm not denying that if the 2016 election happened again, Trump would not be going to the white house with 33%. The electoral college is !@#$ed up, but it's not that !@#$ed up. I'm just saying that 33% of the people are going to stick with him even if he launched a nuke at Florida (assuming everyone who likes him didn't die in the explosion). I am doubtful there is anything that would turn off Trump voters unless he personally evicted them from their homes or something. 

That being said, if the economy tanks under his watch, I would guess that 33% would drop to upper 20s. Keep in mind, at the bottom of the housing market and the geostrategic quagmire of a desert Vietnam, Bush still polled at around 25% so there is at least a quarter of Americans who are too damn stupid to give a shit. 

Eh... I'd say it's a little more complex than that.  Yea, his personality is very appealing to many, but those who find his personality appealing are allowed to follow their appeals by others in society.  If they maintain their support while he reneges on his key promises against political correctness, they're going to end up losing connections with others who are more sensible.  Granted some will remain stubborn about it, and some might even say they're standing up for what's right despite the losses (even though they're not, so they're obviously being spiteful against people who think like that), but others will have to come to terms and say, "You know... I know these people who actually had a somewhat thought out reason for supporting him, but they're not supporting him anymore, so I have to dial it back."

Edited by Dubayoo

I think you underestimate the support Trump has gotten. It is certainly true that some names which attached themselves to Trump have attacked him on this, though this has happened before and they came right back, the common support Trump has is from what I can see only going to be shaken if he were to lose 2020. Until then he is a winner and their guy, so they are winners too by extension. 

The common guys talking angrily about it tend to be the ones angry they can't talk about how Jews control the world without other Trump supporters falling on top of them. The rank and file either see it as Trump has a "master plan" (in the Trump camp Trump is considered a masterful strategist) or if they are the accepting ones see those immigrants as the good ones and can take it as long as deportations of the others continues (Democrat hysteria against Trump actually very much works in his favour on these sort of things). 

Still... I'd be wary of continuously pushing it. Any adviser that advises no wall should be immediately sacked for being an idiot I would say. 

It's shocking that in such a liberal society nowadays we still pick a conservative, racist, sexist and bigoting expired piece of cotton candy wrapped in mummified foreskin.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

I support him less over it, however, I still hope this is some sort bait and switch (like really shitty writing and he'll get a wall plus the NK offensive and a withdrawal of major global obligations) or some sort of "hey guys, want it? *pulls away* whoops, gotta try harder than it. See folks, they don't want it, sad!" scenario where he just trolls liberals and makes them look like cry babies.

5 hours ago, Crossbones said:

I support him less over it, however, I still hope this is some sort bait and switch (like really shitty writing and he'll get a wall plus the NK offensive and a withdrawal of major global obligations) or some sort of "hey guys, want it? *pulls away* whoops, gotta try harder than it. See folks, they don't want it, sad!" scenario where he just trolls liberals and makes them look like cry babies.

Rocket Man and Mexico will team up to nuke the wall into oblivion. Many Mexican-American slaves workers woll die. Sad!

Edited by Catsby
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

On 19/09/2017 at 2:20 PM, BigHiggs said:

It's shocking that in such a liberal society nowadays we still pick a conservative, racist, sexist and bigoting expired piece of cotton candy wrapped in mummified foreskin.

You don't sound so liberal yourself going after his appearance, sounds more like Trump. Sad! Also Trump isn't a Conservative and is well known for liking the ladies whatever the colour they may come in. Literally everyone is a bigot so whatever on that one.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:01 AM, Dubayoo said:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/09/15/today_in_conservative_media_have_trump_loyalists_been_duped_on_daca.html

I didn't vote for him since I anticipated he'd pull this.  He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Not my fault.

What do you expect from a demagogue.

Edited by August
  • Upvote 1