Small banking change

Odin

18 minutes ago, Thruzan said:

I agree. Also Alliance names should not be permitted to be used by ordinary players.

I disagree. But that's not really what this thread is about.

@Geralt von Rivia I feel like if Sheepy actually implements this (which lets be honest, it's a great suggestion and super easy to actually implement, so maybe in 2020) it would cut down on a lot of hastily made mistakes.

• Upvote 4

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

2 minutes ago, Greene said:

I disagree. But that's not really what this thread is about.

@Geralt von Rivia I feel like if Sheepy actually implements this (which lets be honest, it's a great suggestion and super easy to actually implement, so maybe in 2020) it would cut down on a lot of hastily made mistakes.

My idea is in direct relation to this thread. If he hindered players from using the names of alliances, it would kill the sending of money mistakenly to a player or alliance who happen to have the same name. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Thruzan said:

My idea is in direct relation to this thread. If he hindered players from using the names of alliances, it would kill the sending of money mistakenly to a player or alliance who happen to have the same name. 

The problem is you can't really do that. Let me give you a few notable examples.

• There's an alliance named Hogwarts. It's themed off the Harry Potter series. There's also a nation named Hogwarts, which is also based off the Harry Potter series. Both are successful in their own right. Why should either be penalized for the other?
  • Back before Thalmor founded the Knights Templar, he was the leader of an alliance called Empire of The Evenstar. His nation name is Evenstar. His alliance name is Evenstar. He created an alliance basically as an empire extended off his nation.

In both of the above, there's a legitimate reason that both a nation and an alliance would have the same name. Now, let's look at some other possibilities.

• The Knights Templar were a military order in the medieval ages. Are you arguing therefore that no one be allowed to call their nation Knights Templar because an alliance already exists by that name?
  • The Commonwealth of Nations is a large political entity currently and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a historical great power in the 1700s and 1800s. Are you arguing that no one should be allowed to exude either of those, because there's an alliance called Commonwealth?
  • Let me give you another example. My nation name is now Japan. That said, Japan is the oldest continually thriving monarchy in the world. It would be arrogant to say that since my nation is called Japan, there couldn't be an alliance created also called Japan that has Daimyos and an Emperor and all the makings of feudal Japan.

The point I'm making is, in the absence of alliance officers paying attention, the best solution is to make it a check-box instead. I recently sent a $200m payment to Hogwarts but accidentally sent it to the player instead of the alliance. It happens. Most nations that have similar names are really nice about sending your cash back. If he hadn't, then that would have been an expensive lesson learned.

• Upvote 4

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

@Spaceman Thrax declaring on TKR, BK and NPO when? :P

Hahaha.

I first noticed people were doing it last war, when all of them were out of range craters anyway. :P Please be patient as I finish my preparations to murder all three of those alliances, for the minor exploit-enabling scum they are. >:D

• Upvote 2

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs