Notice of Cancellation

QueenPhoenix

1 hour ago, Wilhelm the Demented said:

Idk. They got a step farther away from Polaris and a step closer to Rose.

Not sure " backfired" is the right term. More like "really benefited UPN" tbqh.

But you forgot.

!@#$ Rose.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Anneal said:

Can't have any treaty obligations if you don't have any. 

Congratulations you are the first person who noticed.

10/10 would bait again.

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

35 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I must be out of the loop, why does everyone here hate UPN?  they are generally about as non-offensive as it gets.

I don't dislike anyone in it and I don't hate UPN but to me it just looks a little boring. It's the same old people running the same old alliance. Most of UPN's gov are the same ones who have been here for more than three years or even the same gov from cough cough that other game, and after watching them for two years it's just not as interesting as it used to be for me. It's a bit overdue for a theme change like VE / GoG did. 

Other than that, UPN surrendered early in the Trail of Tiers, which received a lot of negative reactions coming from the IQ side. Whether that's justified or not is up to opinion. Some of that hate still lingers. 

Edited by Anneal

Z98SzIG.png

13 minutes ago, Anneal said:

Other than that, UPN surrendered early in the Trail of Tiers, which received a lot of negative reactions coming from the IQ side. Whether that's justified or not is up to opinion. Some of that hate still lingers. 

UPN didn't surrender early. They surrendered at a reasonable and sane time, and they were-- you know-- actually looking out for the well-being of their own member base when the war was clearly lost for some time.

Also, there should be gratitude for UPN even staying as long as they did given how shit-tastic the CB was.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

7 hours ago, Matt2004 said:

I would rather move to Sunderland.

Wow! No need to be that drastic Matt. :P

Edit: Preemptive declaration of: No offense intended to any Wearside folk out there either. :P

Edited by Malichy
  • Upvote 1

MofFA United Purple Nations

Former Grosskomtur, FA Minister and Spitler (IA) -Teutonic Order. Former Reclusiarch (IA) - UPN.

le61twR.png

On 8/24/2017 at 2:59 PM, Anneal said:

I don't dislike anyone in it and I don't hate UPN but to me it just looks a little boring. It's the same old people running the same old alliance. Most of UPN's gov are the same ones who have been here for more than three years or even the same gov from cough cough that other game, and after watching them for two years it's just not as interesting as it used to be for me.

So, there isn't a single person in UPN's government currently who has nearly come close to serving a total of 2 consecutive years in their government. The last person who was in their government who held that was Pangui. 

Matt2004 for has only been part of government in UPN for a little over a year, and only just recently stepped into the role of Leader. SEALTEAM6 stepped into government at the same time Matt2004 did. Malal (underlordgc) is the only member of their government who held some form of power in UPN even before ST6 or Matt even conceived of what PW was. 

What can be expected from Malal is a non-traditional push in certain FA directions. Traditional allies be damned, because Malal has his own ideas. Criticizing UPN for doing something that may have pissed off stagnant Polaris is hilarious. 

But still, Matt2004, if you ever do move to Sunderland, just give me a shout. Always ready to see you bend the knee.

Contact me if you have questions, concerns, or just want to chat. I have an open door policy.

On 24/08/2017 at 9:59 PM, Anneal said:

I don't dislike anyone in it and I don't hate UPN but to me it just looks a little boring. It's the same old people running the same old alliance. Most of UPN's gov are the same ones who have been here for more than three years or even the same gov from cough cough that other game, and after watching them for two years it's just not as interesting as it used to be for me. It's a bit overdue for a theme change like VE / GoG did. 

Erm, I think you'll find it's me running the alliance now. Older government have been moving out. Theme change has partially happened, name and flag is the same - government structure and charter themes have been substantially changed twice. 

UPN got out early because we were unhappy with the way we were approached information which became clear within the war and to move away from a direction we wanted to change, hence cancelling on no. 

Old opinion on UPN should be firmly separated from now onwards. We're a whole new AA under my Strong and Stable Leadership in the alliance interest. Working for the many not the few. 

• Upvote 1

Untitled.png.a5280e76db3e7bedecea0a5e4d7b7daf.png

8 hours ago, Placentica said:

When people post things like this it only reflects their bias.  Not sound or well thought out logic.

It's not always bias.  In this case, he's right, UPN got out at a reasonable time because the war was already decided.

They're not like Nuclear Bloc, where all you guys will do is mostly launch nukes, and they're not NPO - who remains forever low Infra/score so a prolonged war doesn't phase them much.

My activity levels have fallen quite a bit and I'm really only here to bridge the gap for the two administrations. While things can always change, I'm more akin to an advisor/counciler than anything else and have been for quite some time. 

You also know better than to accuse me of throwing close allies and friends to the wind. I have always and shall always continue to fully support and uphold our treaties and relationships in game. However, when push comes to shove, I will follow the orders given to me and do everything in my capacity to fufil them as is my duty.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

12 hours ago, Placentica said:

When people post things like this it only reflects their bias.  Not sound or well thought out logic.

The victors always want a quick surrender after they've destroyed all the expensive infra, but not taken so much damage from infra-lite opponents they don't want to waste gas/munitions on at their low infra levels.

The losers *should* always want a longer war because it's not until later rounds that they do more infra dmg $ than the victors.

I honestly didn't follow when UPN surrendered, but I know that quick surrenders weaken a coalition and are toxic to objectives of that coalition.  Surrender is always much rougher on those that stay in as well, when people peace out individually and not with the coalition.  I will never understand why anyone peaces out before their ally, who they went in for in the 1st place.  This isn't a comment about UPN directly, just in general about odd conventions we have here.

When people post things like this it only reflects on their ignorance of the facts, not actually based on a coherent grasp of reality.

UPN only peaced out only ~10 days before the rest of IQ peaced out, after a long war that dragged out for 2 months?

This is despite their reluctance to join in over a shit-tastic CB and dissatisfaction of how the peace negotiations were being handled (i.e. Piss-poor by IQ). As far as I know, they were completely willing to stick out until Roq et al. threw a trantrum over not formally admitting defeat, which funnily enough they eventually did. At that point in the war, IQ had long blown their submarine load and really only squandering the resources for the rebuild. Notice how BK and CS really struggled with the rebuild post war.

if UPN had peaced out 2 weeks in, I would actually agree with you Steve. But given the context, their actions were 100% sane and reasonable.

• Upvote 4

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

2 minutes ago, Bollocks said:

When people post things like this it only reflects on their ignorance of the facts, not actually based on a coherent grasp of reality.

UPN only peaced out only ~10 days before the rest of IQ peaced out, after a long war that dragged out for 2 months?

This is despite their reluctance to join in over a shit-tastic CB and dissatisfaction of how the peace negotiations were being handled (i.e. Piss-poor by IQ). As far as I know, they were completely willing to stick out until Roq et al. threw a trantrum over not formally admitting defeat, which funnily enough they eventually did. At that point in the war, IQ had long blown their submarine load and really only squandering the resources for the rebuild. Notice how BK and CS really struggled with the rebuild post war.

if UPN had peaced out 2 weeks in, I would actually agree with you Steve. But given the context, their actions were 100% sane and reasonable.

Lol @tC saying IQ being piss-poor at peace negotations. You guys take the cake for that.

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates