Arrgh! Recognition of Hostilities

Ripper

52 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Arrgh came into an agreement with the Charming Friends.

1. Both sides decided to enjoy the conflict and cleared out that there are no hard feelings from either side.
  2. The current war will last only for one round.
  3. As of now, no new war declarations will take place.
  4. KT and tTO will also respect and follow this decision.

Yeah, that's why they're included in the peace terms.  Ok, DragonK.

I mean, they're literally bolded right there, from Ripper himself.  You cannot possibly miss this.

I was the one handling the bloody negotiations, albeit drunk. Putting KT and tTO was a gesture of my good will. It does not change the fact that only few people were invited, and than a few more tagged along. However, for both tTO and KT this was not an alliancewide scaled operation, it was only so for Arrgh and CF.

So again, why are you cherrypicking only facts that backup your outlandish theory, when majoroty of them prove it completley and utterly untrue and invalid. It's almost as if you're arguing from emotion instead from reason, and no such arghument can be won with dignity.

tvPWtuA.gif

Cherrypicking what facts?  Anybody can look at the war page and look "Oh, that alliance is involved too."

No one goes, "Oh Player A is only involved."  They look at it and go "Oh, Alliance A is involved."

Otherwise, why did Arrgh hit all of CF when it only involved 1 person then?  (Which you and your leadership admitted that CF was not aware of that one person's raid attempt)

If we're going to set a precedence of only select people being involved from KT and tTO, therefore the entirety of those alliances should not be included, then Arrgh should've followed up with that precedence on only punishing the one person from CF and not the entirety of their alliance.  Correct?  Or am I cherry picking facts again?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Otherwise, why did Arrgh hit all of CF when it only involved 1 person then?  (Which you and your leadership admitted that CF was not aware of that one person's raid attempt)

To reinforce a negative sentiment against KT, tTO, and whoever supports them.

Lxr4VfE.png

1 minute ago, ReaverIC said:

I thought the sea was salty, never thought that the people here are saltier. Lets move on with the peace

Well tbh the human body contains 0.4 per cent the body weights,  its the same concentration found in seawater. So no wonder we are all salty, these people are just making them saltier, guess they can sprinkled for dinner for steak, am i right raiders? :P 

<Dragonk>Like I drink beer, nto it

"You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." 

18 minutes ago, Crossbones said:

Hey has anyone noticed that the pirate "x" on a map looks like the KT cross tilted on it's side?

Treasure-Map.jpg

I don't think it's a coincidence...

this is truly a shit association 

aka Filip, The Royalist or Tremor

5 hours ago, Crossbones said:

Hey has anyone noticed that the pirate "x" on a map looks like the KT cross tilted on it's side?

Treasure-Map.jpg

I don't think it's a coincidence...

This is brilliant ?

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

On 8/20/2017 at 7:16 PM, Buorhann said:

You could very easily updeclare up nations that had zero, or near zero military, to keep them pinned down.

If your top tier in an alliance has zero military, you got problems.  Lower members won't maintain military to grow up, but the top has to be leaders to protect and show a good example.

This is what makes Arrgh so good - it checks people who try to skim of the top.  Remember, this is a wargame, not Sim City.

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2017 at 7:00 PM, Spaceman Thrax said:

CF didn't participate in Papers, Please. So it's totally irrelevant to calling in people on this raid. I mean, it's also incredibly old and doesn't really apply to this situation even if they had, but the fact they had no real hand in it should be enough to sidestep that entire conversation anyway.

Anyways. As I've made clear to several people, I'm disappointed in what looks to me like a sucker punch against someone who took a chance dropping ties, particularly by people who had done so much railing against treaty consolidation. With that in mind, If there's any nations violating that agreement CoS is ready to enforce it.

If you take a chance, that chance can go wrong.  

Arrgh's main gripe has been treaty consolidation slows the game down.  This war proves how those ready for excitement become victorious when treaties are liquidated.

My one concern is that by preying on CF so fast, it will discourage others from dropping their alliances.

It's like being a shark at a beach who chomps on the first person who dives in to take a swim.  Nobody else dives in after that, so the shark loses out on the real feast.

27 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

If you take a chance, that chance can go wrong.  

Arrgh's main gripe has been treaty consolidation slows the game down.  This war proves how those ready for excitement become victorious when treaties are liquidated.

My one concern is that by preying on CF so fast, it will discourage others from dropping their alliances.

It's like being a shark at a beach who chomps on the first person who dives in to take a swim.  Nobody else dives in after that, so the shark loses out on the real feast.

Right. Apparently Arrgh, KT, tTO, (and Sparta?) are okay with wailing on paperless alliances over a single raid, which at least from my understanding runs counter to a lot of that grouping's supposed political goals, as well as things they've said in the past.

That said, Arrgh is reacting here. So my initial point was more directed at KT and TTO. Arrgh was at least justified in responding to the raid, though I do think the argument they've made about having to call allies in to raid a largely inactive CF reflects a bit poorly on their military strategizing (and I do think it's a raid, from TTO/KT's perspectives, since they were not at all needed to stop the CF nation that initially hit Arrgh) Hades's comment from earlier (the screenshot) mixed with Thalmor's comments demonstrate he did not actually fully understand the military situation when he agreed to attack, lending to this view.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

Right. Apparently Arrgh, KT, tTO, (and Sparta?) are okay with wailing on paperless alliances over a single raid, which at least from my understanding runs counter to a lot of that grouping's supposed political goals, as well as things they've said in the past.

That said, Arrgh is reacting here. So my initial point was more directed at KT and TTO. Arrgh was at least justified in responding to the raid, though I do think the argument they've made about having to call allies in to raid a largely inactive CF reflects a bit poorly on their military strategizing (and I do think it's a raid, from TTO/KT's perspectives, since they were not at all needed to stop the CF nation that initially hit Arrgh) Hades's comment from earlier (the screenshot) mixed with Thalmor's comments demonstrate he did not actually fully understand the military situation when he agreed to attack, lending to this view.

Hades responded after you, but I'm going to have to review this thread to see how all the angles come together.  This is looking more complicated than I first thought.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ogaden said:

Holy hell what happened in this thread.

Cool p&wball though

the salt, the gnawing, and the crying, like always from Orbis :P 

• Upvote 1

<Dragonk>Like I drink beer, nto it

"You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." 

Just now, James II said:

Where were all of you when nuke Bloc hit arrgh over some raids? Hypocrites I tell you!

Hehe.  It's almost as if people are posting, not based on facts or history, but on a political agenda.  No, no, that never happens.

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2017 at 8:43 AM, Alataq said:

https://i.gyazo.com/8bd23faf9b5aac2aa778b740e4c9b8e0.png

But you attacked 4 hours later... :P

yeah but not because I was paying attention lmao it was multiple days after the first hit I'm general. woops

• Upvote 2

Neitz ^.^'

~ m r . s k e l t a l ~ Madame Galactic Overlord Nietzschelloo, Leader of the Charming Friends Alliance

doot doot. thank.

2jc8ujc.png