House Arryn, DOE

Kelson

43 minutes ago, Grimz said:

You're mocking me for thinking that, but Google recently added stuff to filter out fake news and other misleading websites. So everything on Google actually is correct; that's why sites like Fox News don't show up unless you specifically search for them. 

Some friendly, well-intentioned advice: Please, please, please never let a technology or corporation "tell" you what is fake and what is true, regardless of whatever filters and stuff they add. This is what your own brain and judgement are for. Not everything on Google is "correct", nor will that ever be true unless things become truly Orwellian. If you simply rely on the technology, you will be led down the rabbit hole quite rapidly.

• Upvote 5

MofFA United Purple Nations

Former Grosskomtur, FA Minister and Spitler (IA) -Teutonic Order. Former Reclusiarch (IA) - UPN.

le61twR.png

2 hours ago, Grimz said:

You're mocking me for thinking that, but Google recently added stuff to filter out fake news and other misleading websites. So everything on Google actually is correct; that's why sites like Fox News don't show up unless you specifically search for them. 

Where did you get that information?

Google? :mellow:

Edited by Alataq
  • Upvote 4

dpluao815a3.png

2 hours ago, Malichy said:

Some friendly, well-intentioned advice: Please, please, please never let a technology or corporation "tell" you what is fake and what is true, regardless of whatever filters and stuff they add. This is what your own brain and judgement are for. Not everything on Google is "correct", nor will that ever be true unless things become truly Orwellian. If you simply rely on the technology, you will be led down the rabbit hole quite rapidly.

I think it's pretty obvious that right-wing news is fake though, why should anyone be upset that Google filters it out? They're doing people a favor by not subjecting them to misleading information. Do you really want articles about Obama being the Anti-Christ to come up when you research all the great policies he implemented? Or do you want to see BS articles about Trump being a good president coming up? No.

The problem with people today is that they don't rely on technology enough. Look at the guy Google recently fired. He was dumb enough to believe that females are magically likely to behave a certain way, and decided to spew that sexist bullshit to the media; if he actually used the search engine of the company he worked for, he never would've been lured in by fake news. A lot of problems could be solved if Google just erased websites like Fox and Breitbart from the face of the internet. Hate speech doesn't deserve a platform, and it's our job as the sane users of the internet to make sure companies like Google are on our side in making sure these people's views don't reach an audience.

Edited by Grimz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Vexz said:

I'm honestly confused on if you're trolling or not... I hope you're cause... this is just a dumb argument

Lol, are you trolling? Or are you seriously defending the Nazi right against Google rightfully throwing their BS off the search engine?

1 hour ago, Grimz said:

Lol, are you trolling? Or are you seriously defending the Nazi right against Google rightfully throwing their BS off the search engine?

I'm talking about all of your messages... I hope they're just you trolling 

3 hours ago, Grimz said:

I think it's pretty obvious that right-wing news is fake though, why should anyone be upset that Google filters it out? They're doing people a favor by not subjecting them to misleading information. Do you really want articles about Obama being the Anti-Christ to come up when you research all the great policies he implemented? Or do you want to see BS articles about Trump being a good president coming up? No.

The problem with people today is that they don't rely on technology enough. Look at the guy Google recently fired. He was dumb enough to believe that females are magically likely to behave a certain way, and decided to spew that sexist bullshit to the media; if he actually used the search engine of the company he worked for, he never would've been lured in by fake news. A lot of problems could be solved if Google just erased websites like Fox and Breitbart from the face of the internet. Hate speech doesn't deserve a platform, and it's our job as the sane users of the internet to make sure companies like Google are on our side in making sure these people's views don't reach an audience.

I fully understand and agree with your analysis that there is fake news being deliberately and destructively fed to the world at large. This is a very serious threat to everyone, since it is the newest and most effective form of censorship yet developed. With it, power-hungry monsters can easily take control of anything and everything, by misleading, distracting, timing their more dirty actions to coincide with significant tragedies, and undermining the credibility of actual honest and legitimate news organizations and political activist groups.

What really matters here, however, is that you need to understand that Google is not above temptation and corruption. They have interests, political and financial, and they are not so incorruptible as to set those aside to serve the interests of the general public. They're better than most, granted, but they're still human. Our job as sane users of the internet is to check our facts and sources, and communicate those facts and where and how we found them along with our conclusions. This even means that we need to check claims made by people we don't trust or "facts" that seem self-evidently false, because that's how we know for sure what news is fake.

17 hours ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

I fully understand and agree with your analysis that there is fake news being deliberately and destructively fed to the world at large. This is a very serious threat to everyone, since it is the newest and most effective form of censorship yet developed. With it, power-hungry monsters can easily take control of anything and everything, by misleading, distracting, timing their more dirty actions to coincide with significant tragedies, and undermining the credibility of actual honest and legitimate news organizations and political activist groups.

What really matters here, however, is that you need to understand that Google is not above temptation and corruption. They have interests, political and financial, and they are not so incorruptible as to set those aside to serve the interests of the general public. They're better than most, granted, but they're still human. Our job as sane users of the internet is to check our facts and sources, and communicate those facts and where and how we found them along with our conclusions. This even means that we need to check claims made by people we don't trust or "facts" that seem self-evidently false, because that's how we know for sure what news is fake.

Companies that have the wrong political interests won't get public support though, not in the US' current political climate. People are realizing that Republicans are no different than their slave-owning ancestors and are tearing down their statues, burning their homes, etc. I don't advocate violence, but I don't feel sorry for the people killed on the right/republicans since they're the ones who are choosing to be on the wrong side of history; people who are on the wrong side of history are the only ones who are in trouble. Many people consider the "slippery slope" argument a fallacy. Germany has banned display of Nazi flags, symbols, etc. and they didn't magically become a police state because of some mythical slippery slope. There's nothing wrong with censoring people who have the wrong views. The only people I see arguing that Nazis shouldn't be censored is, you guessed it... Nazis.

So in other words, I trust Google to be on the right side of history and censor right-wingists because the people of the US will rightfully take up arms otherwise. 

Edited by Grimz
  • Upvote 1

On 8/21/2017 at 1:05 AM, Grimz said:

I Googled it and I see that it is from a show known as "Games of Throne," but I still don't think that makes it right. I know P&W's forum demographics are majority White and so most of you don't realize the harm the name can cause; think about if someone made an alliance called "The Nazys," which is clearly a play off of "Nazi," and their excuse was "oh its just a prank bro haha its on TV." Of course there will always be a demographic blind to the fact that it's hate speech, but just because you cannot see it, doesn't mean others can't.

Wow, 

Are you that dense? Do you know anything about the members or have any proof they are nazi's?

My alliance is House Stark which is another House from Game of Thrones, House Arryn is the house of the hand who dies at the beginning of GoT, who's wife is the sister of Eddard Stark of Winterfell. So instead of thinking hey maybe they are using a prominent house name from a very popular book and TV series you go straight to, it's kinda similar to a racist ideology so without any other proof i'm going to assume that.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:41 AM, Phoenix2683 said:

Wow, 

Are you that dense? Do you know anything about the members or have any proof they are nazi's?

My alliance is House Stark which is another House from Game of Thrones, House Arryn is the house of the hand who dies at the beginning of GoT, who's wife is the sister of Eddard Stark of Winterfell. So instead of thinking hey maybe they are using a prominent house name from a very popular book and TV series you go straight to, it's kinda similar to a racist ideology so without any other proof i'm going to assume that.

I don't doubt that they're using the name from the Television program, but just because a TV show decides to portray white supremacy doesn't it okay for you to imitate it. Tell me something, does this "House Arryn" on Games of Throne have any members who are not white? Nope. Do they mix with non-whites? Nope. Maybe they have minority friends... right? Nope. House Martell hates their guts. It's funny how you're the one who watches the show, but the true meaning of the House "Arryn" has apparently gone far over your head. Please explain how House Arryn is not code for "Aryan" when the House contains no minorities, never mixes race, and has terrible relations with the biggest minority House. I think the show makes it pretty obvious.

Edited by Grimz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, Grimz said:

I don't doubt that they're using the name from the Television program, but just because a TV show decides to portray white supremacy doesn't it okay for you to imitate it. Tell me something, does this "House Arryn" on Games of Throne have any members who are not white? Nope. Do they mix with non-whites? Nope. Maybe they have minority friends... right? Nope. House Martell hates their guts. It's funny how you're the one who watches the show, but the true meaning of the House "Arryn" has apparently gone far over your head. Please explain how House Arryn is not code for "Aryan" when the House contains no minorities, never mixes race, and has terrible relations with the biggest minority House. I think the show makes it pretty obvious.

Why are you still arguing about this? Doesn't Lord have something for you to do in Econ

Just now, Vexz said:

Why are you still arguing about this? Doesn't Lord have something for you to do in Econ

See, you know that you're projecting support for white supremacy, so you resort to making ad-hominem attacks. I think I've done all the arguing I need to do at this point; you've dug your own grave

Just now, Grimz said:

See, you know that you're projecting support for white supremacy, so you resort to making ad-hominem attacks. I think I've done all the arguing I need to do at this point; you've dug your own grave

Lol. It's obvious that you're just trolling/baiting but it's still honestly sad to see that you come here and argue about it 

10 minutes ago, Vexz said:

Lol. It's obvious that you're just trolling/baiting but it's still honestly sad to see that you come here and argue about it 

Attention everyone: I am offended and will no longer be accepting Vexz's PayPal payments for me to continue bumping this thread

1 minute ago, Grimz said:

Attention everyone: I am offended and will no longer be accepting Vexz's PayPal payments for me to continue bumping this thread

Lmao. Out of everyone in orbis, you would be one of the last people that I would send actual money too

Just now, Vexz said:

Lmao. Out of everyone in orbis, you would be one of the last people that I would send actual money too

Which is why it was the perfect plan

Just now, Justin076 said:

I lose about 10 Million brain cells every time I read one of your posts. 

"One cannot lose that which one does not possess"

-The Buddha

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Grimz said:

"One cannot lose that which one does not possess"

-The Buddha

I'll take the high road here and not take your bait. It's for the best, you've embarrassed yourself and Lordaeron enough in this thread.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

9 hours ago, Justin076 said:

I'll take the high road here and not take your bait. It's for the best, you've embarrassed yourself and Lordaeron enough in this thread.

Actually, I think if anything here has been proven, it's how adept my research and analysis skills are. I've never watched Games of Throne, yet I know more about the show than any of you! And lol if you actually think I care about "embarrassment," keep on going through life afraid to embarrass yourself; I'm sure you'll make a ton of friends being too scared to speak. Keep listening to that voice in the back of your head that says "should I say this?!?!?! will people like me!?!?!?"

The fact that you're so fixated on pleasing the society around you is pretty funny. Are you really "taking the high road" if you wrote a reply to me bragging about taking the high road? Do you see how ironic that is? That's like saying "I'm the most humble person here." It really sounds to me like you're just trying to take the popular position in this thread for upvotes and internet affection.

Your other post in this thread was merely a poorly-thought-out insult directed towards me, do you know what that says about you? It says that your primary motivation for participating in this discussion was simply to call to everyone's attention that you have the "right opinion;" you're doing it because you see a mob of people disagreeing with me, and you want to join that mob so people will be more accepting of you, so they'll think of you as "one of us." Once again, you're proving that all you care about is pleasing the people around you because you're too scared to take an unpopular position. Not only that, but you have such a need for attention and societal confirmation that you posted here just to gain that attention, when no one even mentioned you.

I am honestly not trolling at this point. You should not focus so much on having society at large "confirm" your opinions; it'll make you a lot happier in the end. You'll wear yourself out trying to please everyone.

Also, for the record, if the #1 alliance in the game is embarrassed, I wonder what that makes your alliance?

7 hours ago, Anneal said:

Guys, I didn't think it was possible but it is!

I have ascended

Edited by Grimz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1