Question about protection

Landontom

So if I dont keep a military, I have a low score, but that leaves me vulnerable to raiding.

But if I have too much of a military, I make no money AND am in range of people who can beat me anyways?

Is there a good middle, or is this the nature of the game?

• Upvote 1

There is no universal standard. It's entirely circumstantial.

At 9 cities (OP is at 9 cities), you can definitely get enough military to get out of range of most raiders. Raiding is most dangerous in the lower tier. So, if you get about 1K score, you should be good to go if you have a good protector. 100% planes and a few thousand tanks will keep you very safe.

What doesn't help you, though, is that you have over 10% disease in each city and basically no commerce. This means that getting a decent military will absolutely kill your income. Your alliance should've already audited you because you've been in there for over a month, but apparently Cerberus can't run IA or something.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

7 hours ago, Thalmor said:

There is no universal standard. It's entirely circumstantial.

At 9 cities (OP is at 9 cities), you can definitely get enough military to get out of range of most raiders. Raiding is most dangerous in the lower tier. So, if you get about 1K score, you should be good to go if you have a good protector. 100% planes and a few thousand tanks will keep you very safe.

What doesn't help you, though, is that you have over 10% disease in each city and basically no commerce. This means that getting a decent military will absolutely kill your income. Your alliance should've already audited you because you've been in there for over a month, but apparently Cerberus can't run IA or something.

So basically, what you are saying is switch from Industry, to Commerce, and use that to build a military?

1 minute ago, Landontom said:

Not enough to justify Industry

I definitely think you should get rid of your industry and instead get 100% commerce and 0% disease (you already got 0% crime). 

After that, get 100% planes (5 hangars in each city), and you should be very safe from raiders.

new_forum_sig_2.png

Just now, Thalmor said:

I definitely think you should get rid of your industry and instead get 100% commerce and 0% disease (you already got 0% crime). 

After that, get 100% planes (5 hangars in each city), and you should be very safe from raiders.

Alright, thanks!

I'll try that out

As an insane raiding fool, I can say that I attack anyone. However, I do make certain considerations. Here's my advice:

1. Get at least some ground army, at least one full city worth. If I see someone with so little ground army that I can win with 5000 soldiers, then I'm liable to poke them for a quick payout regardless of other factors.

2. Stay active. I will almost never raid anyone that logs in every day, purely because they can fortify and thus deny me any loot.

3. Get a navy. These are often overlooked, but they are the most efficient way to use military actions in terms of removing resistance. If someone has a strong navy, there's little I can do, active or not. Don't count on it though because I still chip through against deeply inactive nations.

4. Get at least some airforce. Even if you have the tanks and ships, if you have no airforce then you can be whittled down and beiged with ease.

This is just advice for keeping me and my alliance off your butt, at least in terms of our loot raids. The only way to prevent opposition missions is to not piss us off and avoid being scummy enough for people to be able to convince us to do our pro bono strikes.

Now, the other infinite horde of pubbie raider normies can and will still raid you anyway. The only thing I know of to keep them off your butt is just maximizing your fleet, spies, air, and soldiers. This won't stop them raiding you but it will make it so that you can beige them right back.

Tanks are in my opinion not worth it since they cost much, much more than 40 times a single soldier. But if you want to do a peaceful strategy then they can really work. 

Either way, if you keep your navy supplied and reinforced, then you can sell resources to gain money to cover the cost of the military. Earlier on I was running deficit spending and covering all my costs with the login bonus and selling raw material. It really works out well for getting over the initial building phase, when you need to get the money and resources together to set up the foundations.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Landontom said:

So if I dont keep a military, I have a low score, but that leaves me vulnerable to raiding.

But if I have too much of a military, I make no money AND am in range of people who can beat me anyways?

Is there a good middle, or is this the nature of the game?

The key is belonging to an alliance with a smoothly ramped set of member scores.  That way, if you get raided, others can counter to protect you by downdeclaring.

Successful alliances either have a wide range of scores to accommodate growth, or give a lot of grants right away to get new members up to their level.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...