StateKraft - Discussion

Spooner

Alex,

So - serious question. https://statekraft.com/

Why are you creating a new game instead of adding content to a game with a playerbase and established concept? I imagine that this one is stagnating, but that's due to the lack of content for the most part (which would be fixed by addressing it).

Not meant to be hostile, genuinely curious why you're developing a new game instead of this one. It's an obviously poor business decision, so I'm assuming it's due to boredom with this platform, but I may be mistaken.

Cheers,

-Spooner

• Upvote 4

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

10 hours ago, Spooner said:

Alex,

So - serious question. https://statekraft.com/

Why are you creating a new game instead of adding content to a game with a playerbase and established concept? I imagine that this one is stagnating, but that's due to the lack of content for the most part (which would be fixed by addressing it).

Not meant to be hostile, genuinely curious why you're developing a new game instead of this one. It's an obviously poor business decision, so I'm assuming it's due to boredom with this platform, but I may be mistaken.

Cheers,

-Spooner

I genuinely hope not.  

I do hear....  Well heard alot that p&w community is dead.  But I'm begining to feel that's a sore losers side of an argument.  I've seen a wonderful community of competition and fun in this past month.  

But a new game instead of some cool updates to this one is a bit fishy.  I do know Alex was gonna give out credits to twitter followers who play the game.  Can we work on building the social media platforms to reach more people.  

1 it builds our community.  

2 it builds Alex revenue 

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

15 hours ago, Johnny Costello said:

I do hear....  Well heard alot that p&w community is dead.  But I'm begining to feel that's a sore losers side of an argument.  I've seen a wonderful community of competition and fun in this past month.

The P&W community is "dead' because the game's mechanics have stagnated. Nothing has fundamentally changed in the last two years.

Instead of adding new content to address issues the game has (for example, adding more projects to act as a resource-sink), Alex fiddles with the minutiae to address it -- for example, the changes to city-slots. It's not the best approach, but it is the easiest approach. This is why I asked if, frankly, he's bored of this project.

• Upvote 3

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

12 minutes ago, Spooner said:

The P&W community is "dead' because the game's mechanics have stagnated. Nothing has fundamentally changed in the last two years.

Instead of adding new content to address issues the game has (for example, adding more projects to act as a resource-sink), Alex fiddles with the minutiae to address it -- for example, the changes to city-slots. It's not the best approach, but it is the easiest approach. This is why I asked if, frankly, he's bored of this project.

tbh it would be 100x easier to just add new projects. Those take a lot less time than making changes to how cities function.

1. Figure out what the project is gonna do.

2. Figure out what the project's name is gonna be, based on #1.

3. Find a picture for the project.

4. Code in the project on the projects page, revenue page, and nation screen page (assuming you aren't using a database to pull all that for you, in which case just add it to the database and be done with it).

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

24 minutes ago, Spooner said:

While that does make many sense.  And I agree with that idea 200% 

When I think of community though I think of the fellowship of people chatting.  Shittalk or whatnot.  If people are mature about it.  They can have respect for the player and still play competition against them.  If nobody can draw that line than the community would be dead.  I agree the games mechanics are lacking but the community seems fine.  

Maybe that's just my POV coming from a dead alliance to a more powerhouse alliance.  

I hold the Right to my own Fate

yUpP2fl.jpg

Tbh, many mmorts games seem to be dying right now.  It's not restricted to PnW.

The internet is going through a phase.

• Upvote 1

Just my take, but quite possibly because he wants to build on his previous experiences and redesign from the ground up. Here at work I wish I could do that, some days (joys of dealing with code that is over 10 years old). My own personal stuff I've redesigned from the ground up, half a dozen times over the years.

• Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

23 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Perhaps sheepy should sell the rights to the game to you then? If the sheepster wants to work to create a fresh new game while leaving his old one to die, I suppose it would be in his and our best interest to see the game handed off to someone who knows how to rewrite code and keep the game going instead of it slowly fading away. Not the worst idea imo

That implies I'd actually want to take over ;) Personally, I wouldn't have the time, with my work (as interesting a task as it might be). The little bits I do on the side for my own personal development, I do them over the course of months.

Also, while I've had years of experience at website development, I'm more of an ideas person by nature and therefore better at scratching up designs, for someone else to implement. 

• Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG