Templar Radio

Thalmor

Everyone and their mother has a radio show now

At least it's by an non-cancerous community this time and somewhere I'm not banned. Ayy lmao.

3 minutes ago, Shifty Stranger said:

At least it's by an non-cancerous community this time and somewhere I'm not banned. Ayy lmao.

Part of the reason I'm doing this is that most radio shows are now dead. Ashland Radio hasn't had a broadcast in several weeks. Total Drama is looking more and rougher as time goes on. Mad Max is trying to get Red Road/Apex Entertainment started back up, but I don't think there's been a show on there for a while. If there are any other radio shows, they're clearly not a big deal because I haven't heard of them.

I don't think the community/game functions as well without a major radio show, so I want to fill that void. P&W radio shows are a lot of fun.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

Just now, Thalmor said:

Part of the reason I'm doing this is that most radio shows are now dead. Ashland Radio hasn't had a broadcast in several weeks. Total Drama is looking more and rougher as time goes on. Mad Max is trying to get Red Road/Apex Entertainment started back up, but I don't think there's been a show on there for a while. If there are any other radio shows, they're clearly not a big deal because I haven't heard of them.

I don't think the community/game functions as well without a major radio show, so I want to fill that void. P&W radio shows are a lot of fun.

Fill the void in my heart bby <3

I should have my P/W unsubstantiated claims and rumors conspiracy radio show. With guests that little to no understanding of FA discuss the future of P/W politics. 

"Code in the game is making frogs gay" Episode 1

59 minutes ago, Shifty Stranger said:

Inb4 Shifty is banned

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

At first I thought this was going to be a KT-themed music station. Was looking forward to nonstop Gregorian Chants.

I'm glad you're doing this though, the community hasn't really had a consistent show for awhile and I do think it adds something.  

• Upvote 1

C0r3Fye.png

11 hours ago, Thalmor said:

As someone who tried to make a radio show, the game just isn't worth the effort, and certainly isn't worth the effort of going it alone. You are one of the more active users, so I believe you've got the drive and energy to both run a show and an alliance, but make sure you don't burn yourself out a la old &#33;@#&#036; like me.

Edit: That's me saying good luck, it just came out as incredibly negative.

Edited by durmij
  • Upvote 3

On 8/10/2017 at 2:01 PM, durmij said:

As someone who tried to make a radio show, the game just isn't worth the effort, and certainly isn't worth the effort of going it alone. You are one of the more active users, so I believe you've got the drive and energy to both run a show and an alliance, but make sure you don't burn yourself out a la old &#33;@#&#036; like me.

Edit: That's me saying good luck, it just came out as incredibly negative.

They're honestly not that hard unless you plan on uploading and sharing archived old radio shows. Just live streaming them is fairly easy, especially if you're an active leader in the game. There's always stuff to talk about especially if you're willing to take open stands on controversy. When there's not much to talk about in game politics wise that week, you can always talk about the shitty game mechanics, god knows that's a near endless topic. It can be tedious to edit and upload videos in combination with planning an agenda, it's good to split that work up IMO.

Basically just be an opinionated douche with a decent head on your shoulders and the show will have plenty of things to talk about.

Edited by Judge Dredd
  • Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

38 minutes ago, Johnny Costello said:

This is my first time noticing this.  It looks interesting to check out.  And I was wondering if there is a set time/date each show is?  

I'm liking Fridays at 10 PM EST pretty well. Next scheduled show is on the 18th at that time.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 hours ago, Judge Dredd said:

They're honestly not that hard unless you plan on uploading and sharing archived old radio shows. Just live streaming them is fairly easy, especially if you're an active leader in the game. There's always stuff to talk about especially if you're willing to take open stands on controversy. When there's not much to talk about in game politics wise that week, you can always talk about the shitty game mechanics, god knows that's a near endless topic. It can be tedious to edit and upload videos in combination with planning an agenda, it's good to split that work up IMO.

Basically just be an opinionated douche with a decent head on your shoulders and the show will have plenty of things to talk about.

The issue was that I was trying to make a high effort show for a low effort game and got disillusioned pretty much immediately. And yeah, the uploading and recording easily quadruples the time spent on it, if not more. 

That being said, the show is uploaded! https://www.audiomack.com/song/politics-and-war-radio-archive/kt-radio-august-11th

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Judge Dredd said:

Sometimes the shadows... the dead and the deceased. The forgotten and damned. The unknown faces of yesterday. They whisper at me. A faint echo of days long past. They beckon me to join them. Seduce me to follow their faded light. To step where they once stood. They open the blinds to a tiny window, allowing me a peek into their worlds. Their past. This crossing of worlds- it electrifies. Inspires.

But I digress.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Instead of posting a new post with updated information every so many days, I'll just edit the OP accordingly to add new info. I'll use posts on this thread to give debriefs on each show.

The first broadcast on the 11th was a major success imho. The broadcast maintained 20 listeners at any given time, and peaked at over 30 at one point. A recording of it can be found here: https://www.audiomack.com/song/politics-and-war-radio-archive/kt-radio-august-11th

EDIT: If you want to be on the show, just PM me and we can talk about it.

Edited by Thalmor
  • Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

6 hours ago, durmij said:

Thanks for the time you spent!

------------------------------------------------

P.S. It is Typhon (and not Typhoon). :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhon

To be fair, the word typhoon does originate from Typhon.