Arrgh! You could save 15% or more!

Ripper

12 hours ago, ForgotPants said:

My apologies! Clearly I stopped reading well before that point and jumped to the colorful table. I blame you for putting all this color on the screen.

I think I made that colourful table about 9 months ago took about 2 hours to make mind you thinking what prices were best funnily enough alliances paid.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2017 at 11:21 AM, Ripper said:

Pirate insurance / getting added to the raid list.

Why would you hit an alliance minding its own business? :v

Some alliances don't forget about previous raids when they haven't touched Arrgh to provoke them.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Thomas said:

I think I made that colourful table about 9 months ago took about 2 hours to make mind you thinking what prices were best funnily enough alliances paid.

We changed pricings cople of times, we always keep up with market trends :D

#TrendyLikeArrgh

• Upvote 3

tvPWtuA.gif

9 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Does Mensa not like unprovoked attacks? Hmmm, news to me.

http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/Dio's_War_on_Christmas

Huh, wasn't aware this was a Mensa issue or the fact that Arrgh cared so much for politics.

• Upvote 2

On 7/31/2017 at 9:50 AM, Felkey said:

He says that you "CAN" save 15% or more, not that you "WILL" :P

Huh, that's exactly what my insurance agent at GEICO said to me. 

• Upvote 4

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

I'm a big believer in permanent CBs, and Arrgh wanting some peace would be a good time to use those, but live and let live I suppose... Have fun rebuilding pirates and here's a toast for some more rum in the future ! :wub:

Edited by kalev60
spelling
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Chaplin

17 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Huh, wasn't aware this was a Mensa issue or the fact that Arrgh cared so much for politics.

I don't generally care for politics of paper, but if opponent is using it as a weapon against you, no reason not to use it back at him if you can. So in short, yeah we don't care about it, and we hit people unprovoked, but you can't use that against us when you're guilty of doing the exact same.

But what is really importnat to note here, is that we hit everyone up till now, we profited massively from it, and everyone else sustained massive damages due to few people with few ships. And now we're going to stop doing it, and choose our raids more carefully casuse we have a military and what not to watch over, wich is more better for you than it's for us, since we'll get to raid less often and alliances in general will get hit way less often.

And also keep in mind that tiny wall of infra and army we'll have now, is only thing stopping us from reverting to more profitable, and more damaging model of raiding that we had till now, and even if you do destroy it to harm us finacially, it will be but a dent in profits that we made thus far, and we won't need and funds to raid with old model anyway.

And no, this is not a threat, just a mild warrning based on the most likely scenario that will happen if this little experiment fails. Keep in mind both Bluebear and Ripper were never part of Arrgh that had military or infra, so it's a new thing for them, and if they don't like it they'll just go back to old, tested and working ways of doing things.

• Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

On 7/30/2017 at 5:01 PM, Shifty Stranger said:

Arrgh lmao

Well, looks like the era of wildcard paperless alliances is finally over.

The end of an era.

(why not just merge Yarr back into Arrgh at this point?)

Um, Yarr is an independent entity at this point, though we stand by our young'uns.

• Upvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

On 7/31/2017 at 1:11 PM, Karl VII said:

or you could just have a decent military and not pay anything at all

Yee, stay 2 days from max build and build more than the minimal 1500 infra. You'll be far beyond their range.

On 7/30/2017 at 11:21 AM, Ripper said:

Pirate insurance / getting added to the raid list.

Why would you hit an alliance minding its own business? :v

I mean, of course! That's exactly why TFP enjoyed never getting hit at all back before I started doing... treaties..... Oh wait, we got hit a decent bit. Shit, that was a bad example. Been a while since I've looked through the forums, as TFP goes through its scheduled power saving mode of social activity. Y'know... Since you're doing your private insurance company... You guys take investors?

Edited by Quichwe10
Whoops, double post

11 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

I mean, of course! That's exactly why TFP enjoyed never getting hit at all back before I started doing... treaties..... Oh wait, we got hit a decent bit.

You were not hit though when you bought protection from Arrgh. You did get hit when our protection contract got canceled.

12 minutes ago, Quichwe10 said:

Since you're doing your private insurance company... You guys take investors?

Pirate, not private. :P

How would investors work in this case though?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You were not hit though when you bought protection from Arrgh. You did get hit when our protection contract got canceled.

Pirate, not private. :P

How would investors work in this case though?

Nah, not by you guys. Still happened on time to time occasion back when TFP minded its business and only its business before I took over and even after we got the merc protection pact between us.

As for investing, well, there was a raid insurance thing that happened over in an alliance called Marxist Dream or something like that, and I invested in it for shits and giggles. No idea how it worked, but it seemed funny to encourage private enterprise in a communist alliance. No idea how investing would work with Arrgh, but I see "insurance", think back to the attempt I mentioned, and then go "opportunity for profit?".

Edited by Quichwe10