Internal Stability

SeanTheGreat19

Could there be an update where there is a partisan mechanic inside your nation where you have to maintain stability? I know there is approval rating, but I would like it to be beefed up a bit to add realism, as the countries of the real world spend more time dealing with internal troubles rather than external. There could be a 0 to 100 meter measuring stability in the nation with certain benefits to having a high stability and problems to having a low one. Civil war could possibly change the government type and plummet stability. And anarchy can cause major food shortages. Here are some examples of how stability would work:

Stability Scale Perk Thresholds

• 100% = +20% National Commerce Bonus (Stability promotes a good economy)
  • 80% = +10% National Commerce Bonus 
  • 70% = +5% National Commerce Bonus
  • 40% = -5% National Commerce
  • 30% = -10% National Commerce (Instability causes national economy to slip), 1% Chance of Civil War per turn
  • 25% = -20% National Commerce, 2% Chance of Civil War per turn, Resource Production - 5% (Citizens protest in the streets and strike from labor around the nation, production begins to stall)
  • 20% =  -40% National Commerce, 3% Chance of Civil War per turn, Resource Production -10%
  • 15% = -50% National Commerce, 4% Chance of Civil War per turn, Resource Production -20%
  • 10% = -60% National Commerce, 5% Chance of Civil War per turn, Resource Production -30%, -25% of Income  (Your national tax percentage begins to not be payed as famine begins to start affecting a fourth of of your beloved nation), 25% Chance of explosion in a random city per turn, causing -25 infra damage (Your nation is on the verge of anarchy and riots and terrorism begins to plague the country)
  • 5% = -70% National Commerce, 6% Chance of Civil War per turn, Resource Production -40%, -30% of income, 50% City Explosion Chance
  • 0% = -80% National Commerce, 7% Chance of Civil War per turn, Resource Production -50%, -40% of income, 75% City Explosion Chance, (Your country is in anarchy, lol you better do something)

What Rises and Lowers Stability?

What Lowers?

• Declaration of War = -2%
  • War Being Declared on You = -4%
  • Enemy Immense Triumph = -1%
  • Successful Enemy Missile Attack = -2%
  • Successful Enemy Nuclear Attack = -10%
  • Enemy War Victory = -10%
  • No Power = -5% Per City

What Rises

• War Victory = +5%
  • Low Pollution (Below 50 in a city) = +2% Per City
  • Building a New Commerce Improvement = +2%
  • Building a New Civil Improvement = +5%

Civil War*

If a civil war sparks in your nation, a portion of your military (Only infantry, tanks, planes, and missiles) will defect into an AI rebel force that you are in a defensive war with, the amount of military to defect is dependent on what level of instability the civil war sparked in, you are better off if a civil war sparks earlier than later. If civil war sparks in the 30 to 20 percentile of stability, only 25% of thus military defects, 19 to 10 percentile 33% of military defects, 9 to 0 percentile and 50% of military defects. But how would the war be fought? Just like the amount of military defecting, a parallel percentage of cities would defect to to fuel there war effort, including that population for them to use as income. And if you are in such horrible luck to loose a civil war your government ideology would switch to a random type. 

Please take each aspect with a grain of salt. These are only examples and I understand this may be a bit radical of an update but it would really add another really really fun and realistic aspect to the game. Alex or any mod, if you are reading this please highly consider adding a stability scale, I understand the difficulty of adding the civil war mechanic, but I think the stability scale is something that can be accomplished easily and quickly. I think it would highly improve and balance this game, thank you.

Hail Sheepy our Baatopian Lord.

Edited by SeanTheGreat19
  • Upvote 3

Ist Anschluss Time

The stability aspect is a really good idea but in my opinion there should be more ways to increase the stability of your nation as long as it is of such importance for your nation. Also there should be a small and passive increase of stability in your nation so as for it to recover over time

I agree with the nation stability mechanic. It sounds fantastic and something that like you said, adds a bit of realism here. The things that lower and increase stability can't be war related because that will make a player not go to war to keep their nation steady. This will most likely detract newer players from declaring war and watching their nations crumble economically. Some times wars are defensive and you're simply taking a pounding which will cause stability to pretty much hit 0 causing a lot of chaos.

Having a set of improvements boost stability is a good idea. Like having powered cities should add points, low or no pollution and disease should add points etc. Having a minimum standing military should also add points to stability.

About civil war, this again seems like a mechanic that will cause you to go into a death spiral when your wars are going bad. 95% of the time during wars you will be in a civil war. I liked how an unnamed game had Anarchy which occurred when your military was wiped out or you ate a nuke, maybe something more along those lines?

EDIT: Very funny Sheepy, I see what you're doing there with the game that shall not be named.

Edited by ForgotPants
  • Upvote 1