HNS: BREAKING NEWS STORY

16:15, HNS Port Royalty Studio --

Good Afternoon everyone, if you are just joining us, we do have some breaking news for you: sources from the DSDH and the OE have confirmed that there is a hijacking situation unfolding on board a Hungadada Airline flight which flew out of Gull this afternoon at 15:10. What we do know, is that at around 16:00 this afternoon, after having taken off from Gull, two men began to threaten the passengers and crew, leading to a situation whereby they forced their way into the cockpit. The situation is reportedly still very volatile. Here's the statement from the OE: "Multiple government sources have now confirmed of an unfolding aircraft hijacking situation aboard Hungadada Airlines flight 932, which has flown out of Gull Airport, en-route to Port Royalty. The OE, DSDH and various other authorities are monitoring the situation. We ask the public to remain calm, and not to spread "news" or media that is rumor or "spectacular". The Emperor has been briefed. Updates to come."

We take you now to our Port Royalty correspondent Sheila Cogsmith. Sheila, what can you tell us?

"Well, from what I know here, the OE and to a larger extent the DSDH are still unsure as to the exact motive or cause behind this hijacking. As you said, the situation is still very volatile and............."

16:30, HNS Port Royalty Studio--

"Well, we do now have word that the Emperor is chairing an emergency meeting in the palace to discuss the situation and to understand what is happening. There have not yet been any spokesperson who has come out into the public eye to release any statements, however, the OE did release a statement which again is asking the public to double check where they were getting their news from, to ensure that it was factual and accurate, and to ensure that they were not spreading any rumours or sensational material that may cause greater distress or confusion. Obviously, this is a situation that is unfolding dramatically... *presses earpiece into ear*... Sorry, I am now getting word that OE Deputy Cabinet Minister John Green has now stepped up to a podium and has begun to address a group of reporters, take a look:

"...as you know this is a volatile situation, and we are working with a variety of authorities to ensure the safety of the people onboard the aircraft. I am here to let you know that we have deployed a Rapid Response Team, which has made contact with the aircraft in question. We are working to ensure that the aircraft is safe before we carry out any of our official protocols. People concerned about possible relatives or friends can contact the Situation Hotline on 8000-1278. I will now take questions. 

"How many passengers are onboard?" "There are 100 people onboard the aircraft. We estimate around 30 to be foreign nationals, and we are contacting the various embassies and consulates to inform the respective country. "

"What is the Rapid Response Team?" "The Rapid Response Team is a branch of the Airspace Security Team, which is responsible for the security of Hungadadian airspace. The RRT is deployed in all situations that are deemed volatile enough to warrant a security response. 

"Do we have any idea as to the motives or identities of the hijackers?" "At this point in time, we do not know exact motives of the hijackers, or identities. However, we are working with the RRT to better connect the dots to get a better understanding of the situation. That will be all for now. I'll be back later with some more information. Thank you."

---

17:10, OE Briefing

"Good evening, I have more updates for you now. Hopefully, the statements released by the OE were enough before I was here. I can now confirm that we do somewhat know the motives of these hijackers. They claim to be affiliated with the AHM. We are not sure how deep they are embedded within the organization, but we are working vigorously to figure it out. I can also now confirm that Hungadadian airspace has been closed. There are no planes apart from the RRT and HA932 in the air right now *chatter from reporters*. This is a measure we took to ensure that if there are any other people planning such events; that this is prevented." 

18:10, OE Briefing

"I do have some news to report to you. My apologies for the long delay. During this past hour, we did not sit still. HA932 landed at Lionsgate Airport under the premise that the hijackers would receive $2,000,000 in cash, a media message broadcast and immunity out of Hungadada. The plane was guided away from the main terminal, and taken to a secluded area of the airport. A negotiator from the Hungadada Special Forces Counter-Terrorism Division then began to talk with the hijackers, where he assured them that the 2 million was on its way. At 17:40, the hijackers saw the money van and saw it disappear behind the aircraft. I am proud to say that in the resulting chain of events, the Hungadada Special Forces Counter-Terrorism Division stormed the plane, killing one hijacker and arresting the other. A full investigation is now underway, and a report will be released soon. 

-----

Questions will be answered either by HNS or by an OE representative. 

Edited by Emperor Tristar Majestica
Linked 'report" (Operation Sovereign)
  • Upvote 1

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

We thank Hungadada for its diligent efforts to end the hijacking of the fight. We extend our hand in helping our historic ally in any shape or form 

Laurentia's Embassy in Port Royalty has refused to comment if any Laurentian Citizens were on board, but thanked Hungadada for its efforts to save all personnel on the Plane. 

The Laurentian Ministry of Interior, and Civil Defense

Following the rising FRA attacks, and new attack in Hungadada. Laurentian Airports saw 5 hours of closure before flights continued. The Ministries apologized for the distruptance, but called it a necessary measure against the rising threats. The BFU has also prepared new guidelines for airlines.

TEA President Klaire Haas 

The TEA Council condemns this attempted attack and hijacking of the Hungadada Air Plane. We are pleased with the quick work of local and federal forces to disarm the situation and we will work closely with the Imperial government of Hungadada. I hope this recent incident will also give way to the steps needed to be taken to protect our citizens. The TEA Spokesperson will take any questions and have a full press briefing 

Thank You 

TEA Press Statement

We would like to once again thank the Hungadadian authorities for the way they handled the hijacking situation. The TEA Council has been given access to the investigation so that all TEA nations may be able to improve upon security for the air travel sector. The TEA Council condemns the actions taken by the hijackers, and we will not accept violence as an answer to problems. On behalf of Hungadada, the TEA Press Department will now take any questions. 

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada