Improved Infra Formula

Ryleh

The current infrastructure cost formula is pretty much general knowledge.

(0.01 * ((Current Infrastructure - 10) ^ 1.95)) + 300

If we're changing the cost though I'd go for a simple method: $500k for the first 500 infrastructure and then the next 500 infrastructure is double the cost. Would come to a total of about $511 mill in order to buy 5000 infrastructure, with it costing $256 mill in order to go from 4500 to 5000 infrastructure.

Or some other factor, maybe 3 times the cost. That would be $60 mill to reach 2500 infrastructure, $546 mill to reach 3500 infrastructure and $14.8 billion to reach 5000 infrastructure.

The point is, make sure it is something that people can easily understand. Players shouldn't require knowledge of calculus to work out whether or not they can afford to buy the next 500 infrastructure.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

6 minutes ago, Shakyr said:

The current infrastructure cost formula is pretty much general knowledge.

(0.01 * ((Current Infrastructure - 10) ^ 1.95)) + 300

If we're changing the cost though I'd go for a simple method: 500kforthefirst500infrastructureandthenthenext500infrastructureisdoublethecost.Wouldcometoatotalofabout500kforthefirst500infrastructureandthenthenext500infrastructureisdoublethecost.Wouldcometoatotalofabout 511 mill in order to buy 5000 infrastructure, with it costing $256 mill in order to go from 4500 to 5000 infrastructure.

Or some other factor, maybe 3 times the cost. That would be 60milltoreach2500infrastructure,60milltoreach2500infrastructure, 546 mill to reach 3500 infrastructure and $14.8 billion to reach 5000 infrastructure.

The point is, make sure it is something that people can easily understand. Players shouldn't require knowledge of calculus to work out whether or not they can afford to buy the next 500 infrastructure.

You just use the ingame calculator or put the amount into the city thing and it auto calculates?

Also it's actually pretty easy for mine, just input target number and current number into equation, then sub the current from the target, and viola! you know how much it is... or you use the ingame calculator. 

• Upvote 2

I dislike this quite a lot. It's a bad idea to change something like this midgame, and the end result of the change as you propose it here will be pushing everyone more strongly towards the same infra watermarks, so everyone will have similar builds.

It also will mute a lot of the effects of Alex's resource update, which, love it or hate it, at least accomplished something.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 4

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

3 hours ago, Spaceman Thrax said:

I dislike this quite a lot. It's a bad idea to change something like this midgame, and the end result of the change as you propose it here will be pushing everyone more strongly towards the same infra watermarks, so everyone will have similar builds.

It also will mute a lot of the effects of Alex's resource update, which, love it or hate it, at least accomplished something.

I disagree with you on this. 

It won't mute many of Alex's updates because pollution will still be a big thing that forces people to specialize and such.

And I actually don't think it'll force people to go to the same infra level. Having 1700 and 2000 infra right now is still pretty profitable, people might stay at it to have a faster ROI on things so then they can fight quicker/etc. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, Spaceman Thrax said:

Not to mention suddenly devaluing/inflating the price of a hard asset (infra). Imagine logging in and, congratulations, your infra is worth half of what it was and most of the game is now going to spend a fraction of what you did to get were you are.

The best bet is the repair discount discussed or possibly a scavenger refund when you lose infra.

So, if this formula is adopted, I'd lose around 120 million in infra value. I've heard that you are seriously considering this Sheepy. Would you compensate those of us that lose in the switch?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 13/07/2017 at 7:10 PM, Spaceman Thrax said:

I agree with this. Making infra cheaper will push players to move to the 1700-2000 bracket which will bring in more taxes and in turn flush the economy. Pollution or not is a moot point if pretty much everyone can manage 100% commerce easily and shoot up their cash revenue.

Resource prices would suffer again with a cash influx.

I could see some money returned to the people if Alex wants, it seems fair. 

Also repairing/rebuilding infra being cheaper is a worse idea. 

Also I think more money and more need but about close to the same production of raws will drive their prices up? No major in economics though, so could be wrong. 

Also there's now a harder cap for production of resources, since it takes very little to run out of hospitals/stuff that removes pollution. 

Although there is an argument to be made about cheaper infra negating Alex' resource update; the people who want compensation for their "hard earned" infra are just whiners and Arrgh should pay them a nice visit. I think cheaper infra would encourage more raids and wars; and that I always support even if my own infra is worth less.

• Upvote 1

Or instead of returning lost money, don't make a change to one of the systems in the game that isn't broken.

Leave infra formulas alone, they don't need to be changed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

This game needs more plumbing...

...and power lines...

...and roads...

...and railways...

...and bus depots...

...and desalinization plants, water towers, airports, seaports, parks, museums...

...screw it.  Just turn PnW into Sim City.  At least we can have alien invasions then too.

If you're here for the infrastructure, you're playing the wrong game.

Heck, I'll even do you a favor just to point you in the right direction: https://classicreload.com/simcity-2000.html

Edited by Dubayoo
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2017 at 2:43 PM, Dubayoo said:

Heck, I'll even do you a favor just to point you in the right direction: https://classicreload.com/simcity-2000.html

Hey, Origin had that free a few weeks ago. It's a great game. I filled the entire map with trees. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• 3 months later...