7/12/2017 - A Few Small Changes

Alex

These, I actually like. One thing, for the bulk import can we also get land and infra included, so we can not only set our improvements but also infra and land?

• Upvote 2

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

8 minutes ago, Grealind said:

These, I actually like. One thing, for the bulk import can we also get land and infra included, so we can not only set our improvements but also infra and land?

Buy x infra in all cities would be very good, or indeed if there were a tickbox next to each city in a transaction page so you can select which cities you want to make purchases for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I will also be adding Alliance Tax Brackets very soon.

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou

Really need multiple tax bands. Now please don't go adding in Swiss bank accounts at the same time.

Edited by Matt2004
  • Upvote 1

Untitled.png.a5280e76db3e7bedecea0a5e4d7b7daf.png

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Just a quick update, I've made a number of small improvements to the game that I'll note here.

1. I've added a tool for bulk improvement template importing to all cities. Instead of taking the same template and importing it into all of your cities individually, you can do all cities at once with the same template. That tool is located here: https://politicsandwar.com/city/improvements/bulk-import/ and there's a link to it on the regular Template Import tool.

2. I've increased the amount of money that new nations start with from $150,000 to $300,000

3. I've increased the minimum Objective payout from $1,000 to $50,000. All in all, it's a $364,000 increase in total Objective money, making for a grand total of $514,000 more for new players above what they were previously getting with the increase in starting cash & objective money.

4. I added a "take me to the tutorial" alert on the view nation page for new players when they're not on the right page. I often get messages in-game about people who got lost doing the tutorial and don't know where to find it, so hopefully this will improve player retention and help new players get started.

5. VIP benefits like custom city images, military images, religion images, etc. will all automatically reset to the default images if you left your subscription lapse. This will, ideally, encourage more players to keep renewing their VIP subscriptions instead of buying them once and then letting them lapse. This does not apply retroactively, though I will likely remove the custom image holdovers for nations that previously bought VIP once and no longer have it in the future.

6. I've added a link to the Alliance Control Panel in the sidebar when you're on an alliance page. It was previously missing while all the other relevant links were there.

---

In the very near future I'll be improving the Bulk City Template Importer to let you select which cities you'd like to import to (if not all of them) and let you preview the operation beforehand as well. I will also be adding Alliance Tax Brackets very soon.

The link is dead or not working.

9bQk0Ui.png

d0r0WcS.gif

9 minutes ago, Frank Todd said:

The link is dead or not working.

To help Sheepy out, I went to see why it was broken. The link should be

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=4124&display=acp

but instead its 

https://politicsandwar.com/allaince/id=4124&display=acp

The /alliance/ part on the sidebar link is misspelled. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

1 minute ago, WISD0MTREE said:

To help Sheepy out, I went to see why it was broken. The link should be

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=4124&display=acp

but instead its 

https://politicsandwar.com/allaince/id=4124&display=acp

The /alliance/ part on the sidebar link is misspelled. 

Ah shitte, I just kinda read over the link real quick. Thanks for compounding on my post.

• Upvote 1

d0r0WcS.gif

33 minutes ago, Matt2004 said:

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou

Really need multiple tax bands. Now please don't go adding in Swiss bank accounts at the same time.

Please do add Swiss bank accounts I would love you all to join me in Swiss Bank Corporation the bank for everyone.

Edited by Thomas
  • Upvote 1

Yo Sheepy: NZdkjf9.png. Where's the link?

Next, can you add an option to allow us to jump to any military page without having to go to the military page first? (Let us click the dropdown on the left and THEN click the military section we want to go to before it actually goes anywhere)

Edited by Valdoroth

• Administrators

Ah, sorry about the couple mistakes I made. Fixed the link in-game on the Changelog, I'll fix the typo on the Control Panel quick link in the sidebar.

I'm not sure why anyone's upset by the VIP deal - it's a subscription service. Why would you expect to keep all the benefits after you unsubscribe? You've been able to keep a few of the things because I never got around to fixing it - but encouraging people to buy VIP is good because then the number of people that buy pay-to-win things matters less.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

image.png

I still have the screenshot of before the ingame changelog contained the link.

EDIT: Yes, the "Where?" is in comic sans(it's my favorite font btw)

Edited by Whiskers

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Ah, sorry about the couple mistakes I made. Fixed the link in-game on the Changelog, I'll fix the typo on the Control Panel quick link in the sidebar.

I'm not sure why anyone's upset by the VIP deal - it's a subscription service. Why would you expect to keep all the benefits after you unsubscribe? You've been able to keep a few of the things because I never got around to fixing it - but encouraging people to buy VIP is good because then the number of people that buy pay-to-win things matters less.

I think it's just cause they're lazy lol

d0r0WcS.gif

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I'm not sure why anyone's upset by the VIP deal - it's a subscription service.

They're cheap and would rather buy a watered-down coffee from some chain as opposed to buying cosmetic pixels. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

On 7/12/2017 at 4:30 PM, Alex said:

5. VIP benefits like custom city images, military images, religion images, etc. will all automatically reset to the default images if you left your subscription lapse. This will, ideally, encourage more players to keep renewing their VIP subscriptions instead of buying them once and then letting them lapse. This does not apply retroactively, though I will likely remove the custom image holdovers for nations that previously bought VIP once and no longer have it in the future.

End yourself.

bRejPUy.jpg

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Seryozha Nikanor said:

End yourself.

Again, I don't understand. The point of a VIP subscription is that it's not supposed to last indefinitely. It's not a one time purchase. It's a subscription.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Again, I don't understand. The point of a VIP subscription is that it's not supposed to last indefinitely. It's not a one time purchase. It's a subscription.

@Alex, this makes sense for some of the services: e.g. you should pay regularly to avoid seeing in-game advertisements, since people also pay for the advertisements.

There are other features of VIP though that should actually be purchased once: e.g. if I change my military icons, I should be able to keep them, the same way I buy a flag. And then, if I want to change them, I have to pay again.

My suggestion: decouple some of the VIP services. Let people keep their customized nation page but lose all other advantages.

• Jax locked this topic