Reducing the Cost of Rebuilding Infrastructure

Alex

Reducing the Cost of Rebuilding Infrastructure Poll  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an update where rebuying previously built infrastructure in a city would have the cost discounted by 50%? (Example: You had 2000 infrastructure in your city, but war brought it down to 1000. Now you want to rebuy: instead of it costing you the full price [$15,246,116] it would cost you 50% of that [$7,623,058] but beyond 2000 infrastructure buying more would cost the full price)

• Yes, I would like that change
    • No, I would not like that change

1 minute ago, Sketchy said:

It says in the poll "Now you want to rebuy: instead of it costing you the full price [$15,246,116] it would cost you 50% of that [$7,623,058] but beyond 2000 infrastructure buying more would cost the full price)"

Unless he means buying 2000 infrastructure total (which seems to be the case). In which case I'd say remove that cap. Either all infra is half price after purchase, or none is. Either way its an enforcement of a specific build.

It says "Example" and OP says "(though just the once, because if you dipped below that new, higher level, you would again be paying only 50% to rebuild to that new max.)"

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

1 minute ago, WISD0MTREE said:

It says "Example" and OP says "(though just the once, because if you dipped below that new, higher level, you would again be paying only 50% to rebuild to that new max.)"

Ah I see the distinction now.

The poll is kinda misleading.

Doesn't change the fact that it is a bandaid fix, but I if it were lowered to something like 10-25% it might be reasonable. 50% is an extremely large cost reduction. It'll undo the entire point of this update which was to specialize and its not helping new players get over the infra hurdle at the start. (The raise in starting cash helps but it should have been way more than that imo).

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Initially I was against this change as it looks like it would disproportionately help larger nations, but with just a slight change it could very well do everything it needs to.

The change to this that I'm proposing would be that rebuilding infrastructure is at a discount, but the discount asymptotically approaches zero as the rebuilt infrastructure gets higher. That way, newer nations can invest in their infrastructure and actually move upwards towards relevance, while older and bloated infrastructure nations still have something to lose.

Basically, if you build up to 2000 infrastructure and get brought down to 0 then you get a discount going back up. If you have 9001 infrastructure and get brought down to 0 then you get the same discount building back up to 2000, but the discount is less when rebuilding infrastructure 2001-3000, and you get an extremely small discount at 8001-9001.

The upshot of this would be that the game tends more towards a more generally balanced, dynamic, and interesting experience, with heavies being whittled down and newbies building up.

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2017 at 0:03 AM, Shakyr said:

Second, have the discount on rebuilding scale, depending on how much you are rebuying. Your first 1000 infra rebuilt will cost 20% less. Your next 1000 infra rebuilt will cost 10% less.  Your next 1000 infra rebuilt will cost 5% less. Anything after that has no extra discount.

This option would help out smaller nations and mean that any 'whales' would still have a potentially hefty rebuild, if they get nuked or otherwise lose alot of infrastructure.

On 7/22/2017 at 4:45 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Basically, if you build up to 2000 infrastructure and get brought down to 0 then you get a discount going back up. If you have 9001 infrastructure and get brought down to 0 then you get the same discount building back up to 2000, but the discount is less when rebuilding infrastructure 2001-3000, and you get an extremely small discount at 8001-9001.

Pretty much my idea, just reworded ;)

Edited by Shakyr
  • Upvote 1

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG