7/9/2017 - The Great Deflation!

Alex

8 minutes ago, Apeman said:

Awesome upgrade Alex. Shake it up. This will force people to rethink and actually become passionate again. 

I agree. I haven't seen the community so passionately against something since the last update.

• Upvote 5

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

3 minutes ago, Rache Olderen said:

I agree. I haven't seen the community so passionately against something since the last update.

I don't recall this much outrage over the last update. I mean, there was some, but it wasn't this salty.

new_forum_sig_2.png

2 minutes ago, Rache Olderen said:

Don't updates always get people salty? 

Ahhh the salt

201503_1032_ihdci_sm.jpg

eastwood.jpg

13 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

I don't recall this much outrage over the last update. I mean, there was some, but it wasn't this salty.

Because the last update had advanced warning and while it changed the meta it wasn't objectively bad. This update disproportionately hurts low infra builds and by extension new players and doesn't even solve the problem it was trying to solve. 

• Upvote 1

Ultimately, what does this update do? I am not talking about the OP, I do not believe the game and it's players will simply change in the fashion that Alex wants them to, but, realistically, what would it achieve? More expensive resources. Less money. Fewer or shorter wars, depending on strategy. More improvements needed to maintain production levels. Struggles with pollution and disease. All of this will simply force the entire game to slow down, but be slowest for those at the bottom and fastest, but still somewhat slower though arguably of minimal difference, for those at the top. It will probably all work as it did before, everyone making probably the same moves as they would have otherwise, but just at a much slower pace. But just how slow it gets is anyone's guess. Perhaps too slow for some, or many.

Either way, this is Alex's game and he can do what he likes with it, and no one has to like it either. But I cannot say I know of many players that enjoy a slow game. In the end, people play games for the entertainment, and a slow game is not the most entertaining.

• Upvote 4

~ For Queen and Country!

I managed to fix a little bit more than 2/3 of my cities in 2 turns. Now it will take a bit longer but seriously half a day and I'm gonna be back on track. In case anyone is wondering how many cities I have, I have 10 at 1100 infra except for my capital.

New players will never make enough money to become larger in a reasonable time. This will reduce nation growth due to reduced income. Before a small nation could sell items they produced . Now with so many more slots needed for income it will stifle growth.  This and the war updates and the dollar store server that always crashes have convinced me I will not try the next game. I am glad I kept my (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) nation.

1 minute ago, whiskerz said:

New players will never make enough money to become larger in a reasonable time. This will reduce nation growth due to reduced income. Before a small nation could sell items they produced . Now with so many more slots needed for income it will stifle growth.  This and the war updates and the dollar store server that always crashes have convinced me I will not try the next game. I am glad I kept my (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) nation.

That's why new players join alliances for the support structure. 

New players will be just fine. In a few weeks, after everybody sell their stockpiles and prices go up, nations will be able to go full 100% raw resource production and make tons of money from that.

new_forum_sig_2.png

9 hours ago, Trajan said:

Lol you cut my revenue in half, not small :P 

Love how everybody was wanting a heads up when it was announced on Facebook weeks ago 

Not all of us use facebook, many have left with all the recent changes that invade privacies. Besides, game announcements should be limited to game forums only. One shouldn't have to have xx amount of other sites to get information on a game they play

• Upvote 3

who needs more infra anyways when you can just get all of your money from other people :ph34r: glad this doesn't affect me :^)

Edited by Hope
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sargun said:

wow, you actually have to THINK to play the game now!

Not really, the game is still so simple it's practically solved. Which is fine, most of the gameplay is actually coordination and social skill utilization.

I logged in today, and I had lost 26% commerce, had my production halved and gained 8.5% disease. And honestly, aside from the stunning lack of design 101 by not informing the player base, my main and only problem is the pollution. It's a massive knock on effect on the commerce nerf that disproportionately affects smaller nations as they'll lack the slots needed to deal with it.

And where are the updates that players actually want and don't require balancing at all? Like an export to all cities function or tax brackets.

• Upvote 6

The only thing that bothers me is that now little players will HAVE to join one of the large alliances just because they want a chance at growing, and the fact that its suppose to damage income isnt that true at all.

I am currently making almost the exact amount of money I was making before with the only difference being about 3mil less from resources (which is nothing at my level), and it only cost me 12mil to restructure all my cities to make them efficient.

But how are we going to have more competition uptop now that the lower and middle tier players will take forever to grow? every war will now be downdeclaring and taking a bit of damage, and war will be less likely because of how expensive it is now for middle tier players (majority of the player base), to actually get ready for war. Even though I am a large nation I love me a good war and we have them just 1 every 3 months at the pace we were going, I am scared to know how long will it be before we go to war now.

• Upvote 2

eastwood.jpg

• Jax locked this topic