7/9/2017 - The Great Deflation!

Alex

the amount of butthurt from people upset that they can't have 100% perfect nations all the time is astounding.

wow, you actually have to THINK to play the game now!  make decisions on resources vs money vs military!  no wonder you're all upset, you can't just follow the exact same guide every alliance has for identical cookie cutter nations and jerk off about it

• Upvote 6

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Aenir said:

Why were Oil and Lead production cut by 2/3?

Because I couldn't half them, as they were at 0.75/turn previously. Halving them would've left us with like .37 or .38 / turn which are difficult numbers to remember, and standardizing everything at 0.25 / turn is easier and simpler.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

The only real issue I have with this change is the lack of transparency when it comes to making big changes to the game.

Many games out there give a very detailed update change coming at a certain date, to give ALL players a heads up on what will be going on.

Yet we don't do it here.

So all those players who are breezing through the game will be caught unaware of the changes and suffer for some time on them - as this change is a rather negative one to the previous builds.

------------------

Now on the other hand, I don't mind the change itself (Granted I'd probably not have nerfed things as much as they were done here) to be honest but it does hurt young/newer nations way more than the large ones.  Those that build 1700 Infra or more will be less affected by those who stay around 1500 or less.  It will encourage people to build up their Infra more (Thereby making nukes more impactful and the player's score higher) if they want to keep constant production.

Can't really say I disagree with the change, just - once again, as usual - how Sheepy fails to be transparent to the playerbase.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Because I couldn't half them, as they were at 0.75/turn previously. Halving them would've left us with like .37 or .38 / turn which are difficult numbers to remember, and standardizing everything at 0.25 / turn is easier and simpler.

Why not make it 0.4 or 0.5? I mean, yes making everything 0.25 is simpler, but you've effectively reduced the oil/lead output even for those who decide to dedicate their production on those raws and get 12 lead mines/oil wells. A slight increase on upkeep for those improvements could have been implemented to balance it a bit.

Having them make slightly more than they did before with more than twice the investment on that field would have at least been some consolation. As it stands though, it is a slap to their face due to them flat out producing less with more investment.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
  • Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

My biggest issue with this update was that it was out of nowhere, and as such gave an advantage to those who happened to be on at the time. I would prefer before any such update that we have a given time in advance, so that way we can be on and do the rebuilds and reorganizations and the like.

Outside of that, no major issues. The boost in pollution means that nations have to specialize if they want to produce a respectable amount of a certain good. The nerfing of commerce forces nations to pick between commerce and resources. All in all, not a terrible update. Also, since 3 recycling centers+subway can't clear out all the pollution, it forces people to build to lower values. 

well, the update also killed Aargh and other raiders temporarily, as they would need to do some reorganization.

Also, for those complaining, it's still possible to run cities at 1.5k infra with 100% commerce, and zeroes across the board, in fact you still have 15 slots for other things(mil, resources), which is a few less than it used to be, but it still works.

I don't sleep enough

Also, I am an Keynesian Utilitarian

Lastly, Hello world

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I agree, any heads up only benefits to people that hear it, if you're busy or don't follow admin much, that change would have caught you unprepared anyway. And there is always problem with missinformation and guesses. Flat out changing the game for worse or better is more fair since it cathces everyone unprepared. And it was even done midpeace while everyone has NAP with everyone (except for Arrgh) so no alliance got screwed over this way either. Much better than the whole spy and war update.

tvPWtuA.gif

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

So the only reason for obliterating oil/lead production is to make the numbers look nice?

It's not like we haven't had ugly numbers before...

Just look at the projects, ffs.

• Upvote 1

That was pretty painful, and I say that as a member of the 1%, This must be real interesting for you small nations and alliances that aren't made up of huge ass whales like Grumpy.

I think long term this will be good for the market, if I had to guess it will set the market back to prices seen 1.5-2.5 years ago.

As for you guys complaining about an advantage?  Really?  lost income/resources for a few turns is a real gamebreaker...

Even tho it sucks, I think this will really make for some more dynamic game play, good work sheeps.

• Upvote 3

The only thing that can be said for certain is that now the wars will be costlier:

1) More slots needed to achieve same production -> More infra per city needed -> Infra rebuilding costs go up -> Infra rebuilding takes longer

2) Less production of resources overall -> Smaller warchest development given the same amount of time -> Warchest rebuilding takes longer

So this update will encourage either snoozefests or shorter wars.

• Upvote 5
77oKn5K.png

48 minutes ago, Tywin Lannister said:

The saltiness in this thread is amazing. I love it. Alex went Arrgh on Orbis and raided everyone. I genuinely like this!

>War is more expensive and there's less loot from winning

I remember when you were a loose cannon. Now you're nothing but a pixel-huggin sonofa!@#$ :P

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

3 hours ago, Nintendo said:

Thanks for the update sheepy! I actually like this update, because as you said, there are many large nations which have thrown the market out of wack. There also seems to be a trend of keeping infrastructure low and this helps add value to further building infrastructure.

Bro, you do realize this is going to make large players (like me) richer and new players poor right :mellow:

• Upvote 4

eastwood.jpg

21 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

Community: "Waaaah! Sheepy fix the market!"

Sheepy: "Okay, here you go."

Community: "Waaaah! P&W is irrelevant! I'm quitting! This is terrible! I'm going to stop buying credits even though I never bought credits in the first place! Waaaah!"

Bloody hell, people. Yeah, this update screwed people over and will make things terrible for a few days. That's what major updates do. It's what everyone asked for, though.

Stop whining like a bunch of girls and start working to unscrew your nation/alliance. Overwise, feel free to give up and die/delete/go into VM for 1 year because your precious pixels got rearranged a little.

kek
>days to fix

fixed in 15 mins :^)

Preach Pastor Thalmor

14359927_153558568428926_884904763_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tywin Lannister said:

The saltiness in this thread is amazing. I love it. Alex went Arrgh on Orbis and raided everyone. I genuinely like this!

I know right! We had someone delete their nation over this, it's brilliant how Sheepy can do this shit so seamlessly. Never change Sheepmeister, I know you're laughing manically as we all perish from this. You know exactly what your doing.

• Upvote 2

bw0643E.gif

7 minutes ago, Vack said:

I know right! We had someone delete their nation over this, it's brilliant how Sheepy can do this shit so seamlessly. Never change Sheepmeister, I know you're laughing manically as we all perish from this. You know exactly what your doing.

I got a guy from the Dark Brotherhood delete today. Should I stop raiding?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Shifty Stranger said:

kek
>days to fix

fixed in 15 mins :^)

Preach Pastor Thalmor

Dude, same. I fixed my shit in just a few minutes. Was super easy:

nation__unfucked.png

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

One day you will realize that there's no way to really fix this game and updates can fix a single problem but they create another problem, you will realize that this game is dumb and if you like it you're dumb too, and to play this game you just need to be smarter than a monkey and be online every day, and when you will realize this one big question will come to your mind, why I'm playing this? And the answer is: shit on every single thing Sheepy does, it's fun (and he totally deserves in several cases), you're here for the community and not to hug pixels

I'm just mad because I had to fix 16 cities instead of watching anime, so I did it pretty random, who cares, everything will be destroyed anyway, you can still reach a good warchest and buy some shit during peace time

14 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Bro, you do realize this is going to make large players (like me) richer and new players poor right :mellow:

You can do wars to destroy big nations and stop them from making more money

Oh no wait, they can go VM to avoid war

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Thalmor said:

Dude, same. I fixed my shit in just a few minutes. Was super easy:

nation__unfucked.png

I know who is gonna need some food later on B)

I one of the giants who most benefits from this will sell you food and at a cheap price, only 200 ppu, dont worry the little nations can never out produce the whales now ;)

eastwood.jpg

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

I know who is gonna need some food later on B)

I one of the giants who most benefits from this will sell you food and at a cheap price, only 200 ppu, dont worry the little nations can never out produce the whales now ;)

Nah fam I'm good for about a year

food.png

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

1 minute ago, Micchan said:

You can do wars to destroy big nations and stop them from making more money

Oh no wait, they can go VM to avoid war

War is only fun if both sides take serious damage!

Note: it's going to be a lot harder for nations to catch up in NS now to the large nations unless you build a million nukes like NK!

download.jpg

eastwood.jpg

• Jax locked this topic