7/9/2017 - The Great Deflation!

Alex

7 minutes ago, James XVI said:

It could be worse - it could have been a military mechanic 'update' :P

if he nerfed fortify instead of commerce and resource improvements i wouldn't be nearly as upset

• Upvote 2

Ceterum censeo Arrghinem esse delendam

(Furthermore, I consider that Arrgh must be destroyed)

1 minute ago, Spooner said:

Playerbase: It takes too long to save up for war, which results in boring periods of stagnation
Sheepy: Resources are now twice as hard to produce!

*sigh*

tbf we weren't really complaining so much about the build up so much as it was the over flow of resources because of too much production and not enough of a sink

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spooner said:

Playerbase: It takes too long to save up for war, which results in boring periods of stagnation
Sheepy: Resources are now twice as hard to produce!

vday14.gif

Gif seal of approval *stamp*

c3f8031bb7dcf8f7ca992a489bc5946fe1522456"When the enemy is loosing, does he cower? You bet your ass he does."

So everyone's econ gets nerfed except the 4000 infra/city nations that now get to fill up all those unused improvement slots and maintain the same resource production.

My guess is that the decrease in cash income will mean reduced ability to buy resources so resource prices won't really go up. Just let income for the majority of nations making it more difficult to build up nations (and for lower tiers to catch up to uppers). Probably fewer people will be buying ITC now though and resource improvements just got more appealing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kastor said:

IHades is making a game, so is Yosodog. Along with Steps to War, Pixel Nations and Bibby's game this one will become irrelevant.

I am interested in your newsletter ... 

• Upvote 1

On reflection, these changes are actually pretty shit for new players and low tier alliances, and they cause a bunch of issues and imbalances. But screw it, I like this shit. I've got 20 farms in each city, this is awesome.

• Upvote 1

bw0643E.gif

1 hour ago, Kastor said:

I haven't bought credits in over a year because he refuses to fix the game and the problems surrounding it. He doesn't know how to admin a game and when all these other nation sims come out this year/next year he's going to lose his player base. Only reason he has it now is because Cyber is inactive and outdated and NS sucks. Hades is making a game, so is Yosodog. Along with Steps to War, Pixel Nations and Bibby's game this one will become irrelevant.

Restius is working on one too as a side note (myself and Novarus are helping on that front)

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

1 minute ago, Vack said:

Alex is also working on another one btw https://statekraft.com/

Given the current state of things here I hope people will forgive me for not rushing over there with tears of joy.

• Upvote 2

UQllJcz.png?2

2nd, 4th, and 6th Adelphotes Princeps of Cornerstone, Ambassador to Black Knights, 4th Grand Pilus of Cornerstone, 2nd Chaplain of Cornerstone, 5th Questor Princeps of Cornerstone

2 minutes ago, Vack said:

Alex is also working on another one btw https://statekraft.com/

Oh, that thing... You mean a shittier Steps To War that's more like P&W with slightly enhanced graphics? At least from what we've seen of Steps To War. Sorry, but it's all over for Alex if he doesn't reverse this. I mean, dear god, he was warned in February, and he knew THEN, that this would happen. Now his solution is to screw up P&W even more.

c3f8031bb7dcf8f7ca992a489bc5946fe1522456"When the enemy is loosing, does he cower? You bet your ass he does."

Surely this could have been implemented in stages?

This might be practical in the long run, but short term this is going to hurt us smaller nations more, luckily I am in an alliance who I trust will maximise my nations potential again, but for those less fortunate it could potentially force them to quit because they can't afford the changes or won't find the right guidance.

Very poor update in terms of how it's just been dropped on us.

anyone remember when I called this way back when? Well, here you go. Feast your eyes upon my predictions.

Edited by Torin Tbomb

I wish there was a dislike button so I could dislike the OP and continue creating alts to dislike it until it's the most disliked post of all time.

Ceterum censeo Arrghinem esse delendam

(Furthermore, I consider that Arrgh must be destroyed)

Just now, Justin076 said:

Logs in, monetary revenue reduced by 50%, raw resources production decreased by 67%, food production pretty much non-existent, pollution increased by 250,000% and commerce decreased by 25%.

Just another Sheepy update:)

Fun and engaging sekrit update, innit?

• Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

Thanks for the update sheepy! I actually like this update, because as you said, there are many large nations which have thrown the market out of wack. There also seems to be a trend of keeping infrastructure low and this helps add value to further building infrastructure.

• Upvote 5

• Jax locked this topic