I have a question

Anonymous

You become either heir or leader. If you're heir, you promote yourself to leader. Then, you get rid of all other heirs or leaders. How you do so isn't important. You can demote them to officer, member, or applicant. You can also just remove and/or ban them from the alliance completely. The important thing is to mechanically solidify and secure your new position.

This is only how you functionally become leader, though. In reality, there's a number of problems with doing a coup. On top of the regular obligations of your new position, you now have to appoint a new government (because you got rid of the old one), deal with internal backlash with the members (who are unhappy because change is scary), deal with foreign backlash (coups look bad and your allies probably won't be too happy), and get into a paper war of sorts with the old government (who will be unhappy because they have now unjustly lost power and will be doing everything possible to get it back). You have to deal with all these problems and you may be short of allies right now because doing a coup is frowned upon and so people may think you're uncool.

Unless both governments can come to some kind of organized, very-carefully-agreed-on plan to unify the alliance, then the historical precedent is that the alliance will be left off weaker than before the coup regardless of if it fails or not because there's usually member-bleeding involved. Hope it was worth it.

Edited by Thalmor
  • Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

February%201969%20Luttwak%20book.jpg

910omVSbo5L._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg

And I recommend reading Catsby memoirs, so you don't get couped instead.

And, another piece of a great book, that's just about to come off the press - "The Great VE Schism - How and Why".

Edited by Aurelian
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Thalmor said:

Seeing as KT is part of Syndisphere or something I guess whichever one Jessica Rabbit and Lordship want me to support.

>Jessica Rabbit

>Lordship

>Doesn't list Hippo

I see how it is.

I have a question.

Why are people wasting their time on creating alliances only to give in to Grealind's seductive charms, giving him control of it?  Why don't you just merge into his alliance or another one if you're not willing to control your own alliance?

Edited by Buorhann

37 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

>Jessica Rabbit

>Lordship

>Doesn't list Hippo

I see how it is.

Hippo's always on my mind. <3

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

I have a question.

Why are people wasting their time on creating alliances only to give in to Grealind's seductive charms, giving him control of it?  Why don't you just merge into his alliance or another one is you're not willing to control your own alliance?

Marxist Dream -) They likely weren't going to receive a protectorate agreement, Grealind employed his silver tongue to talk of a seemingly beneficial plan, and they got trapped.

Vault 111 -) Kinda obvious. It's led by Catsby and a few others that still haven't been capable of bringing up an alliance that, y'know, works.

Oh and, those people are dumb. 'Nuff said.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Kastor said:

I think Vault couldn't find an actual protector.

My theory is that Catsby wants some resemblance of power that's secure. If that means being the leader of Vault 111 and Vault 111 practical being Duat's &#33;@#&#036; to the point where they're basically just a puppet state, then Catsby is fine with that because it fulfills what he and possibly the rest of his core group wants.

Catsby is more than free to come on here and defend/explain himself ofc (this is a joke thread anyways), but the terms of the protection treaty basically throw any idea of sovereignty out the window. If KT got into a war and those peace terms were the only way out, then I would prefer to just disband that to have those cuffs on (and I think that would be the position of most alliances).

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

12 minutes ago, Aristodemus said:

"a. No member of Vault 111 will be allowed to make any statements, posts, threads, or content otherwise on the global forums. An explicit exemption is made for Catsby to post in the National RP section so long as those posts do not in any way reference non-RP aspects."

So... he's not free to come here and defend/explain himself. :P 

I completely forgot about that. You got me.

• Upvote 3

new_forum_sig_2.png

First, you have to make me think you're SOOOPER loyal to the alliance. And then, when you're heir, you demote me and claim the throne as your own! 

B)

Contact me if you have questions, concerns, or just want to chat. I have an open door policy.

Try asking Cerberus. Oh wait my bad, their skill wasn't starting coups, it's accusing someone of it. 

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2017 at 1:02 AM, Vladimir Neski said:

Try asking Cerberus. Oh wait my bad, their skill wasn't starting coups, it's accusing someone of it. 

I wasn't gonna respond to this, but &#33;@#&#036; letting you write the narrative

ijziFo6.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2017 at 1:02 AM, Vladimir Neski said:

You went to TKR, in the middle of a war, saying you'd support them and try to coup us while you were in our gov, just because you were getting your ass handed to you by a TKR guy. And when we called you out on it, you cried and ran away say "i was trying psychological warfare" mother&#33;@#&#036;er thinks he's the CIA or something.

Edited by Kiddterra -Boki
  • Upvote 1

I shot the Deputy